David Duke endorses Tulsi Gabbard

Anyone want to bet how many times the media asks her to disavow him?

• Banned

I understand that she has already done so. Nevertheless, didn't the left say that Trump attracted bigots like Trump? Will they say the same about Gabbard?

I understand that she has already done so. Nevertheless, didn't the left say that Trump attracted bigots like Trump? Will they say the same about Gabbard?

Just because she has already done so, is no reason to not constantly ask her to do so again.

We saw that with Trump and Duke. Why should it be different with Gabbard?

You're not suggesting different treatment for different folks are you?

• Banned
Just because an ignorant bigot endorses a candidate, it does not make that candidate or their party racist.

I know and I remember you rushing to Trump's defense when similar people endorsed him.

Interesting. Supposedly the reason is Duke wants a leader who will
put "American interests before Israel's"

Former KKK leader David Duke endorsed Hawaii Democrat Tulsi Gabbard, she will "put America First rather than Israel"

I've always seen this debate framed as "Israeli vs. Palestinian interests:
But this is specifically about AMERICA vs. Israel.

Also, Ron Paul gave a "sort of" endorsement for Gabbard:
Ron Paul calls Tulsi Gabbard 'very best' Democratic candidate

I read that her support of a large Conservative party in India led to protests
of backing oppression of minority groups, equated with support for GOP considered "racist" oppressors:
https://www.sikh24.com/2019/04/26/e...scot-of-indias-kkk-for-rss-ties/#.XNsK8_ZFwdU

She seems to align well with conservatives which should be necessary since America is
evenly a mix of both liberals and conservatives, where leaders in govt should represent all equally.

However, she is among the progressive Democrats splitting from the stance shared with Trump and GOP
that the US should back the overthrow of Maduro as illegitimate instead of recognizing his democratic election.

Very interesting!

What I'd like to see is whether Gabbard can reconcile these different positions and
facilitate solutions that accommodate all beliefs and interests regardless of party.

If she can do that effectively, she would make a better govt leader than Sanders
or Harris who use division to get elected instead of unity. Beto has the ability
to work with both sides, but if that means compromise and mucking up both, where
nobody gets what they want (as with Obama mucking up health care reforms), then it has the opposite effect.

The model of leadership and representative govt America needs
is how to accommodate, include and protect all beliefs and interests equally
without conflict or compromise. How can we compel candidate to
demonstrate their skills in this and prove their leadership to be both inclusive AND effective
instead of one or the other?

Forum List

Back