Nearly all members of National Park Service advisory panel resign in frustration

Saving $$$$$!!! Well done Trump
I'd point out that Trump did nothing...these people resigned on their own.
If Trump is out of the loop what is the purpose of this thread?

The hilarious thing with leftism is your lies always come back to bite you in the ass, and we love watching you do it.
The hilarious thing with the alt/right is their continued willful blindness to those who oppose them. For example...I'm not a Lefty, by any means.

And Trump, AFAIK, had nothing to do with this mass resignation..Zinke, the Interior Sec. would be the guy for that. It seems that you think that unless Trump is involved, there is no point to the thread?
What an odd point of view.

I'm not "alt right"...touche
:rofl:

Were these paid positions or more advisory/honorary.

The hilarious thing with leftism is your lies always come back to bite you in the ass, and we love watching you do it.
The hilarious thing with the alt/right is their continued willful blindness to those who oppose them. For example...I'm not a Lefty, by any means.

And Trump, AFAIK, had nothing to do with this mass resignation..Zinke, the Interior Sec. would be the guy for that. It seems that you think that unless Trump is involved, there is no point to the thread?

I'm not "alt right"...touche
:rofl:

Were these paid positions or more advisory/honorary.

Just funny and leave the convo to the grownups you redundant clown

---------------------------------------------------- good , course they saw The TRUMP acoming , coming round the bend EEFleegle !!
Eeerrrr..so you say. I think it more likely that their terms were up in a couple of months and decided to make whatever point they could, out of their leaving.

Errrr so you say you're not a left loon....calling BS here

Now shut up
You can call what you like...your not exactly the supreme arbiter of BS..although I must bow to your close familiarity with the substance..given the content of your posts.

Now YOU shut up.

---------------------------------------------------- good , course they saw The TRUMP acoming , coming round the bend EEFleegle !!
Eeerrrr..so you say. I think it more likely that their terms were up in a couple of months and decided to make whatever point they could, out of their leaving.

Now shut up
You can call what you like...your not exactly the supreme arbiter of BS..although I must bow to your close familiarity with the substance..given the content of your posts.

Now YOU shut up.

Nah, see you're left loon and I never take direction from a loon.

We can do this all day but you can't win....you're child's play

You're not a lefty!?
You are a lousy liar, that is for sure.
Bad bet..that's the Trump base...Trailer park trash and redneck inbreeds.

The first clue he's a left loon is calling anyone that disagrees with him an alt right. Next up....Nazi
Gad..an idiot. I've been here a moment, on this site...and the alt/right are strong here..very strong. If I'm wrong...my bad.

Nothing to address the actual thread?

I did...right before you decided to attack me by calling me alt right.

Another clue you're a loon
Reread the posts... I called weatherman2020 an alt/right--but you are free to apply it to yourself..if you wish that warm feeling of being the victim...again.

Now shut up

Now YOU shut up.

Nah, see you're left loon and I never take direction from a loon.

We can do this all day but you can't win....you're child's play
LoL...what 'winning'? Just a bit of poo slinging..is all this is good for.

But hey..if you need a win so badly, in your pathetic life, that you would try for one here..hey, you win!!! I GIVE that to you.

You're not a lefty!?

The first clue he's a left loon is calling anyone that disagrees with him an alt right. Next up....Nazi
Gad..an idiot. I've been here a moment, on this site...and the alt/right are strong here..very strong. If I'm wrong...my bad.

Nothing to address the actual thread?

I did...right before you decided to attack me by calling me alt right.

Another clue you're a loon
Reread the posts... I called weatherman2020 an alt/right--but you are free to apply it to yourself..if you wish that warm feeling of being the victim...again.

Grow up wannnabe, I don't take you or your feeble BS serious.

Have a good one, I'm going to a thread with substance to it not some left loon whining because a bunch of asshat do nothings resigned. Who the fuck cares....except some left loon

You're not a lefty!?
You continue to be, as adverted, an idiot. You just cannot comprehend that someone can be issue driven---and not adhere to either the Left or the Right. It's amusing that I'll post on the 2nd amendment or immigration..and all of a sudden I'm a Righty, according to the Lefty knee-jerks on the site.
That quote? You really think that makes me a LIb??

Or...could it be that I despise the alt/right and Trump? Without being a lib? Is it possible? Not in your world..but in the RW--yeah..people can defy labeling.

The language you use when you disparage the trump supporters shows you to be a left wing hack. Just sayin...

You're not a lefty!?
You continue to be, as adverted, an idiot. You just cannot comprehend that someone can be issue driven---and not adhere to either the Left or the Right. It's amusing that I'll post on the 2nd amendment or immigration..and all of a sudden I'm a Righty, according to the Lefty knee-jerks on the site.

Or...could it be that I despise the alt/right and Trump? Without being a lib? Is it possible? Not in your world..but in the RW--yeah..people can defy labeling.

The language you use when you disparage the trump supporters shows you to be a left wing hack. Just sayin...

Yep....this ain't my first rodeo

You're not a lefty!?

In your opinion..which is worth what again? I'm sorry if someone with a nuanced point of view...has you troubled as to what category you put me in..1 of 2, right?
I guess in the lexicon of the far right..you can call me a cuck..not a RINO..as I've left the party. But left-wing? Nah...not in any sane universe. Now..here..on this site---I can see someone getting that idea---since many here call Jeff Flake a 'left-wing hack'--when Trump is Left of Flake--in many ways. If I'm anything..it's a political pragmatist--fond of compromise and distrustful of ANY ideological imperative.

So, whatever--I maintain..that Moderates are not traitors..and that ideological extremists on either side are a far greater existential threat to The United States than Islamic terrorism will ever be.

Plus....the tin-foil hat crowd is pure comedy gold.

iu

Ahhhh...I wondered what the 'real' story was...

The answer is found in a quote buried deep in the article:

The board is required to meet twice a year but has not convened since Trump took office last January, Knowles said Tuesday. Members, most of whom have worked together for seven years, were surprised to not be consulted on Interior’s recent decisions to increase visitor fees and reverse a ban on plastic water bottles in the park system. The decision to reverse climate change directives and other policies drove the decision to resign, he said. “We were frozen out,” said Knowles, who emphasized that the group recognized Zinke would select new members this year but wanted “the momentum to continue” from what the board accomplished in 2016 during the park system’s centennial year."

So..it is another battle in the Climate Change war.
dubious.gif

BTW..this board did exercise power..apparently the US cannot designate any new parks or monuments without the board's say-so. Not like that has been an issue with this administration. They seem more interested in turning the parks into sports shooting preserves.

"In at least two instances, Zinke has disbanded existing advisory bodies — the Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council and the Advisory Committee on Climate Change and Natural Resource Science. He replaced the first one with the Hunting and Shooting Sports Conservation Council, which just started soliciting nominations Jan. 9. It will place a heavier emphasis on sport shooting while promoting hunters’ and fishermen’s access to public lands."

I'd point out we're still saving $$$$...probably even big $$$$.
Nope...the board members serve for free.
All of their expenses are paid by the taxpayers. Flights, rental cars, food, hotels, etc etc.
And the taxpayers will continue to do so--the board is n ot disbanded...The R's are not going to let the patronage plum go..this board does have a voice in the designation of national lands---they'll want a tame group.

All of their expenses are paid by the taxpayers. Flights, rental cars, food, hotels, etc etc.
And the taxpayers will continue to do so--the board is n ot disbanded...The R's are not going to let the patronage plum go..this board does have a voice in the designation of national lands---they'll want a tame group.
Dems will hold up these nominations as well.

Swamp drained.

So a bunch of useless bureaucrats without much to do, resigned in frustration over the knowledge that they were useless and unneeded and simply represented government bloat and waste?

Good Riddens!

yeah but they've been there 7 years...

One...it's time to go
Two...they were Obama pals....the climate change is a big giveaway if the 7 years didn't already
three...I'm glad, we don't need these boards

Forum List

Back