Nearly all members of National Park Service advisory panel resign in frustration

Nearly all members of National Park Service advisory panel resign in frustration

A bit interesting, this. It seems conservation of our natural Parks is not a big priority.

I guess..these aren't right types of Conservatives in power..Lol!

"Three-quarters of the members of a federally chartered board advising the National Park Service abruptly quit Monday night out of frustration that Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke had refused to meet with them or convene a single meeting last year.

The resignation of nine out of 12 National Park System Advisory Board members leaves the federal government without a functioning body to designate national historic or natural landmarks. It also underscores the extent to which federal advisory bodies have become marginalized under the Trump administration. In May 2017, Zinke suspended all outside committees while his staff reviewed their composition and work.

In a letter to the secretary, departing board chairman Tony Knowles, a former Alaska governor, wrote that he and eight other members “have stood by waiting for the chance to meet and continue the partnership . . . as prescribed by law.” All of the signatories had terms set to expire in May.

“We understand the complexity of transition but our requests to engage have been ignored and the matters on which we wanted to brief the new Department team are clearly not part of its agenda,” Knowles wrote. “I wish the National Park System and Service well and will always be dedicated to their success.”

In an email earlier this month inquiring about the status of the more than 200 boards that had come under review, Interior spokeswoman Heather Swift said, “Boards have restarted.” She did not provide any further details and did not respond to an inquiry Tuesday."
Another brilliant Trump move. All of those Obama appointees he does not have to fire. Now he can appoint reasonable people.
These 'board members' were ALL Obama 'make-work' radical LIBs who were known to be 100% obstructionists when it come to even having National Park signs repainted.
They insisted that the paint must be 100% chemical free. Only paint made using ground up natural clays could be used. Never mind the clay washed off the signs whenever it rained. Meaning of course a bunch of 'AA' employees were constantly running around in air polluting trucks repainting the signs. This was the sort of LIB bullshit Obama encouraged.
All these Obama appointed LIBs were 'friends of friends' of Obama and the DEM party.
They can all go to Obama's mansion and ask for jobs mowing the lawns and cleaning the pool.

A bit interesting, this. It seems conservation of our natural Parks is not a big priority.

I guess..these aren't right types of Conservatives in power..Lol!

"Three-quarters of the members of a federally chartered board advising the National Park Service abruptly quit Monday night out of frustration that Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke had refused to meet with them or convene a single meeting last year.

The resignation of nine out of 12 National Park System Advisory Board members leaves the federal government without a functioning body to designate national historic or natural landmarks. It also underscores the extent to which federal advisory bodies have become marginalized under the Trump administration. In May 2017, Zinke suspended all outside committees while his staff reviewed their composition and work.

In a letter to the secretary, departing board chairman Tony Knowles, a former Alaska governor, wrote that he and eight other members “have stood by waiting for the chance to meet and continue the partnership . . . as prescribed by law.” All of the signatories had terms set to expire in May.

“We understand the complexity of transition but our requests to engage have been ignored and the matters on which we wanted to brief the new Department team are clearly not part of its agenda,” Knowles wrote. “I wish the National Park System and Service well and will always be dedicated to their success.”

In an email earlier this month inquiring about the status of the more than 200 boards that had come under review, Interior spokeswoman Heather Swift said, “Boards have restarted.” She did not provide any further details and did not respond to an inquiry Tuesday."

My, my, how grown up it I to cut your nose off to spite your face.

Unsurprising. Trump has no respect for anything, much less the land.

The land is still there, it's just a bunch of unelected bureaucrats that are gone.
Yeah like ANWR is still there, just ready to be fucked and exploited :rolleyes:

With modern drilling technologies, and a firm set of regulations (designed to regulate, not create paper) ANWR can be utilized for energy production and kept as pristine as possible.

Saving $$$$$!!! Well done Trump
I'd point out that Trump did nothing...these people resigned on their own.
If Trump is out of the loop what is the purpose of this thread?

The hilarious thing with leftism is your lies always come back to bite you in the ass, and we love watching you do it.
The hilarious thing with the alt/right is their continued willful blindness to those who oppose them. For example...I'm not a Lefty, by any means.

And Trump, AFAIK, had nothing to do with this mass resignation..Zinke, the Interior Sec. would be the guy for that. It seems that you think that unless Trump is involved, there is no point to the thread?
What an odd point of view.

The hilarious thing with leftism is your lies always come back to bite you in the ass, and we love watching you do it.
The hilarious thing with the alt/right is their continued willful blindness to those who oppose them. For example...I'm not a Lefty, by any means.

And Trump, AFAIK, had nothing to do with this mass resignation..Zinke, the Interior Sec. would be the guy for that. It seems that you think that unless Trump is involved, there is no point to the thread?

I'm not "alt right"...touche

You're not a lefty!?
You are a lousy liar, that is for sure.
Bad bet..that's the Trump base...Trailer park trash and redneck inbreeds.

---------------------------------------------------- good , course they saw The TRUMP acoming , coming round the bend EEFleegle !!
Eeerrrr..so you say. I think it more likely that their terms were up in a couple of months and decided to make whatever point they could, out of their leaving.

---------------------------------------------------- good , course they saw The TRUMP acoming , coming round the bend EEFleegle !!
Eeerrrr..so you say. I think it more likely that their terms were up in a couple of months and decided to make whatever point they could, out of their leaving.

Errrr so you say you're not a left loon....calling BS here

Now shut up

Errrr d
so you say you're not a left loon....calling BS here

Now shut up
He knows being a leftist is being a member of the moron club, so he denies his membership.

You're not a lefty!?

The first clue he's a left loon is calling anyone that disagrees with him an alt right. Next up....Nazi

There are waaaaay too many far left wing wackos anyway.
Trump will replace them with wise mainstream women and men.

You're not a lefty!?
You continue to be, as adverted, an idiot. You just cannot comprehend that someone can be issue driven---and not adhere to either the Left or the Right. It's amusing that I'll post on the 2nd amendment or immigration..and all of a sudden I'm a Righty, according to the Lefty knee-jerks on the site.
That quote? You really think that makes me a LIb??

Or...could it be that I despise the alt/right and Trump? Without being a lib? Is it possible? Not in your world..but in the RW--yeah..people can defy labeling.

You're not a lefty!?

The first clue he's a left loon is calling anyone that disagrees with him an alt right. Next up....Nazi
Gad..an idiot. I've been here a moment, on this site...and the alt/right are strong here..very strong. If I'm wrong...my bad.

Nothing to address the actual thread?

You're not a lefty!?

Gad..an idiot. I've been here a moment, on this site...and the alt/right are strong here..very strong. If I'm wrong...my bad.

Nothing to address the actual thread?

I did...right before you decided to attack me by calling me alt right.

Another clue you're a loon

Forum List

Back