NCAA Men's Tourney: Dream-Teams/Underdogs

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The 2017 men's NCAA basketball tourney should offer us much intrigue and exciting seeded-play.

Top seeded teams such as Villanova, Duke, Kansas, ,and North Carolina offer much, while other highly-ranked squads such as Gonzaga and Kentucky are poised to throw some interesting monkey-wrenches into the pool.

My Final Four picks are Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, and Gonzaga.

Seton Hall was my 'dark-horse,' so Arkansas is my new dark-horse (having defeated the Pirates 77-71 in the first-round).

Duke's my favorite team, so they'll have to up-end Baylor and Villanova if they want to tackle the likes of Gonzaga and North Carolina. The Blue Devils face South Carolina in the second-round. I'm rooting for Duke's junior shooting-guard Grayson Allen to pull out some tourney magic and carry the Dukies to a 6th title (but I have true high hopes).

Duke is not a favorite to win this year (shocking!), but I think this tourney will be one of 'underdog melee.'

====

DICK VITALE: I'm shooting for the Dukies, baby!!
JAY BILAS: The Blue Devils will have to contend with the unpredictable Tar Heels.
VITALE: The Dukies defeated UNC in the ACC Semi-Finals, baby!
BILAS: The tournament is different, so they'll have to deal with Gonzaga/Villanova too.
VITALE: Nova is not to be counted out.
BILAS: Duke has great talent but will need extraordinary coaching...
VITALE: Coach K can lead the team to another exciting face-off with rival UNC!
BILAS: Don't count out some dark-horses either; Kentucky and Kansas.
VITALE: It's a wild one, baby!
BILAS: It should be a great one for TV ratings at least.
VITALE: That's the magic of the NCAA bb tournament --- natural unpredictability.
BILAS: I don't want to be the 'Duke party-pooper,' man.

====

NCAA Tourney

logos.jpg

bracket.png

Tomorrowland

"
Late Sunday night, the rosters for the 40th annual McDonald's All-American game were announced. McDonald's All-Americans represent some of the best graduating high school seniors in their given year. So all of the names below are of players who are seniors now and who will be on college campuses next fall.

Seven of the 24 players are uncommitted. Kentucky, with four selectees, has the most of any school. But the Pac-12, with six players, has the most of any conference. Kentucky has had at least two McDonald's players every year since John Calipari became coach, and the program has 60 high school All-Americans since 1977.

Duke and UCLA each have two players picked for the game, which will be played Mary 29 at Chicago's United Center.
"
{SOURCE: CBSsports.com}

I'm excited about Duke's prospects -- Wendell Carter (PF) and Gary Trent, Jr (SG)

It's a great exhibition for the preparatory stage that gives spirit to the fanfare surrounding the NCAA Tournament. Top Scorers in McDonald's history include Michael Jordan (UNC), JJ Redick (Duke), Kevin Durant (Texas), and Paul Pierce (Kansas).

I want to talk to President Trump about broadcast TV and Broadcast News.

====

DICK VITALE: The McDonald's showcase is a real gem, baby!!!
JAY BILAS: Tomorrow's 'men of March Madness.'
VITALE: Indeed, baby!!!
BILAS: You remind me of a crazy person!
VITALE: I'm a Cameron Crazy, baby!!!
BILAS: Hey, I like the women's McDonald's bracket too.
VITALE: Lots of exciting female athletes headed to the WNBA.
BILAS: That's right. Good media coverage and TV ratings in recent times.
VITALE: It's good advertising promoting a college education, too.
BILAS: Too many dreamy-eyed young men think about NBA before NCAA.
VITALE: Media coverage can change those types of things...
BILAS: Lots of Wildcats and some talented Blue Devils in the 2017 men's game.
VITALE: The slam-dunk contest should be fun too.
BILAS: It's the All-Star TV Showcase for high school hoops dreamers, baby!!!

====

McDonald's All-American

mcds.jpg

Scarlet_Witch.jpg

Forum List

Back