Lost a Good Fighter and Friend Last Night

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Found out this morning that a guy I train with at the gym was killed in a motorcycle accident last night. Only 24 years old and truly one of the most upbeat and positive guys I've known. You always hear when someone dies everyone say what a wonderful person they were, but in his case, it was the honest to God's truth. He had an awesome professional career ahead of him. Sad loss for the MMA world in Vegas today. :cry:

Motorcyclist dead after crash in southeast Las Vegas Valley

Found out this morning that a guy I train with at the gym was killed in a motorcycle accident last night. Only 21 years old and truly one of the most upbeat and positive guys I've known. You always hear when someone dies everyone say what a wonderful person they were, but in his case, it was the honest to God's truth. He had an awesome professional career ahead of him. Sad loss for the MMA world in Vegas today. :cry:

/---- I'm not sure how to rate your post, but I'm sorry for your loss.

May he rest in peace
frown.gif

Goddammit. We lose so many cyclists and motorcyclists in my city. I'm sorry to hear this.

I swear it's like every other day in this city. I've considered getting a bike a few times and my wife won't let me because we're constantly hearing about bikers getting killed in the news.

Found out this morning that a guy I train with at the gym was killed in a motorcycle accident last night. Only 21 years old and truly one of the most upbeat and positive guys I've known. You always hear when someone dies everyone say what a wonderful person they were, but in his case, it was the honest to God's truth. He had an awesome professional career ahead of him. Sad loss for the MMA world in Vegas today. :cry:

Hate to hear of it. It's really tough when a light in the darkness goes out. Keep him alive in your memories; so sorry.

I'm very sorry as well, I know a few who have died in motorcycle crashes or have become brain damaged invalids. My BIL a couple years ago died . Here today and gone tomorrow, shows how precious life is.

Sorry for your loss.

I lost a friend from high school in a motorbike accident, drove by another scene where a man was dead after hitting a telephone pole many years ago. My brother wanted a bike, I dissuaded him. Not to preach, just an observation that too many are taken too young.

I hope he has found peace now.

Goddammit. We lose so many cyclists and motorcyclists in my city. I'm sorry to hear this.

I swear it's like every other day in this city. I've considered getting a bike a few times and my wife won't let me because we're constantly hearing about bikers getting killed in the news.

I would never drive one in a city. My first mode of transport was a 1972 Honda 350 and have the scar still from wiping out on a snake turn at sixty mile per hour with no damn helmet on.

Used my arm to protect my head when sliding down a gravel road.

Don't know how I never crack my skull or how I was quick enough to put my arm up to protect my head.

So my advice to you is if you want to ride then do it at a motocross where you can have a little safety and get the thrill but never drive in the city.

I do not even bike ( non-motor ) in the city because of the chance of getting hit.

She's right. Drivers were bad enough before cell phones it's not worth it.

condolences-1.gif

Sorry to hear of your loss, Bro. I used to ride dirt bikes but never would drive a street bike. Too dangerous.

Sorry for your loss Taz.

Several of my motorcycling friends have died young too.

It is simply a hazard of the sport.

Top 3 ways of getting killed in the USA:

1 - skydiving

2 - private aviation

3 - motorcycling.

Sorry to hear about the loss Taz.

I would never drive one in a city. My first mode of transport was a 1972 Honda 350 and have the scar still from wiping out on a snake turn at sixty mile per hour with no damn helmet on.

Used my arm to protect my head when sliding down a gravel road.

Don't know how I never crack my skull or how I was quick enough to put my arm up to protect my head.

So my advice to you is if you want to ride then do it at a motocross where you can have a little safety and get the thrill but never drive in the city.

I do not even bike ( non-motor ) in the city because of the chance of getting hit.
My first mode of transport was a dune buggy when I was 14.

Then I graduated to a car when I was 19.

Then I graduated to a Honda 750 4-K superbike when I was 22.

Then I graduated to a 4WD Jeep when I was 30. Sold the old motorcycle and have regretted it ever since. Wish I had that old racing machine now.

I was almost killed dozens of times while riding the bike. Each time I was lucky that I could dodge out of the mishap.

Normally it is good to start out on a small bike like a 250cc.

These are easier to handle and to dodge cars with when the car driver does not see you and comes right at you.

After that size bike, a 1000cc would be next. These are really fast but still handle well.

Finally some guys get huge hogs like the Harleys, Indians, or 6 cylinder Honda's. That is something I would not recommend because they do not handle well.

If you are married you just need a huge life insurance policy and disability. But ins co's charge more for motorcyclists, sky divers, fliers, scuba divers, and car/boat racers. Those are the top 5 ways of getting killed in the USA according to my insurance agent.

Forum List

Back