NBC Propaganda: "Children of the Harvest"

Mexicans come here because WE DEMAND THEM.
Quit demanding them and they go home.
Hispanics work far harder than Americans. Go to the area in your town where the day laborers stand looking for work.
If there is one person other than Hispanic there he is either a preacher, a cop or someone hiring them.
We would be in a realbind if the Hispanics were forced to leave.
Who would do the work? Americans? LOL, they are too busy on disability, worker's comp, filing frivolous law suits, attending tea parties and sitting on THEIR ASS.

Look at the cheap labor!!

Latino Union of Chicago

Since 2000, the Latino Union of Chicago has collaborated with
low-income immigrant workers from Albany Park, Pilsen,
Avondale, and Cicero to improve social and economic conditions.
Need: 1/3 of day laborers will experience serious injury this year
and at least 16% will be arrested while looking for work. Due to
the economic downturn, street corners and the Worker Center
have seen a drop in employment opportunities. Newspapers report
that 250,000 Latinos have lost jobs in the construction industry
alone. Accomplishments: In the past three years, the Albany
Park Worker’s Center has raised the median wage from $7/hour on
the street corner to $13/hour. A written contract at the Center has
eliminated wage theft for hired day laborers.

Hmmm? $13/hr?

Are they picking crops on State Street?:lol:

Why don't you check with the companies that hire them?

"PAY:
* $10.06 per hour for field work other than harvest, or if piece rate is not being used. Basic rate of pay.
* Piece rate of $1.60 to $2.10 per 150 pound bags/4 worker teams for harvest work, estimated hourly earnings is $10.20.
* Piece rate of $2.10 per 150 pound bag/4 worker team, estimated hourly rate of $10.24.

Compensation
Salary: $10.06 per Hour

Additional Benefit Information: Housing provided to workers from outside the local recruiting area

Employment Department Job Listings

"PAY:
* $10.85 per hour.
* Corn Packing is paid at a piece rate of 55 cents per box, minimum pay is $10.85 per hour, during break-in period of 2 days.
* Corn packing bonus of 5 cents per box if worker completes the season.
* Harvest work is paid at the $10.85 per hour.

HOURS:
* 48 hours per week, worker may be asked to work additional hours, but they are not required.
* 9 AM to 5:30 PM hours are flexible depending on need, sometimes work is required into the night to meet produce orders.
HOUSING:
* Housing is provided ONLY to the workers who live outside the local commuting area at no cost to the worker. Dormitory style housing.

TRANSPORTATION:
* Transportation from the housing to the work site is provided at no cost to the worker.

* For Workers who live outside the local area ONLY:
After 50% of the contract is completed, reasonable transportation costs will be reimbursed to the worker from the place of recruitment to the work site.
* Upon completion of the contract, similar transportation expense from the work site to the the workers place of recruitment will be paid.

"PAY:
* Pay is made on a piece-rate basis or no less than $10.85 per hour.
* Various varieties of fruit are paid at different rates.

PIECE RATE for Apples:
* $17 to $20 per bin depending on variety

PIECE RATE for Pears:
* $12.20 to $27.00 per bin depending on variety

DAYS & HOURS:
Monday through Saturday 7.5 hours per day or 45 hours per week.

WORK SITES:
* Hood River, OR
* White Salmon, WA

EMPLOYER ASSURANCES:
* Housing is provided at no cost to workers from outside the local recruitment area.
* Transporation (bus or car) to the work site from the place of recruitment will be reimbursed when 50% of the contract is completed.
* The employer guarantees work for 3/4th of the contract period. "

Hispanics work far harder than Americans. Go to the area in your town where the day laborers stand looking for work.
If there is one person other than Hispanic there he is either a preacher, a cop or someone hiring them.
Who would do the work? Americans? LOL, they are too busy on disability, worker's comp, filing frivolous law suits, attending tea parties and sitting on THEIR ASS.

No, Mexicans come here because they want a piece of the American pie.

Hispanics work harder than Americans? Are you serious? Do you have a link for that particular drivel?

BTW, I know plenty of Hispanics who sit on their asses. When they aren't sitting in jail or beating their wives.

They come here because we demand them. Quit hiring them and they do not come.
Hispanics are more religous and family oriented than Americans.
If we did not hire them then please tell me why they come?
News flash to those that do not understand economics:
You buy a piece of the pie with CASH.:lol::lol::lol:

Hispanics are more religious and family oriented than Americans?
Again, link please.

My d-o-l is Hispanic, btw. Nobody in her family attends church. Her dad gets disability.

I watched that last night. Best part was when the dude lost a wheel on his pickup going over the bridge by Omaha. :lol:

Look at the cheap labor!!

Hmmm? $13/hr?

Are they picking crops on State Street?:lol:

"PAY:
* $10.06 per hour for field work other than harvest, or if piece rate is not being used. Basic rate of pay.
* Piece rate of $1.60 to $2.10 per 150 pound bags/4 worker teams for harvest work, estimated hourly earnings is $10.20.
* Piece rate of $2.10 per 150 pound bag/4 worker team, estimated hourly rate of $10.24.

Compensation

Additional Benefit Information: Housing provided to workers from outside the local recruiting area

"PAY:
* $10.85 per hour.
* Corn Packing is paid at a piece rate of 55 cents per box, minimum pay is $10.85 per hour, during break-in period of 2 days.

HOURS:
* 48 hours per week, worker may be asked to work additional hours, but they are not required.
* 9 AM to 5:30 PM hours are flexible depending on need, sometimes work is required into the night to meet produce orders.
HOUSING:
* Housing is provided ONLY to the workers who live outside the local commuting area at no cost to the worker. Dormitory style housing.

TRANSPORTATION:
* Transportation from the housing to the work site is provided at no cost to the worker.

After 50% of the contract is completed, reasonable transportation costs will be reimbursed to the worker from the place of recruitment to the work site.
* Upon completion of the contract, similar transportation expense from the work site to the the workers place of recruitment will be paid.

"PAY:

PIECE RATE for Apples:

PIECE RATE for Pears:

DAYS & HOURS:

WORK SITES:
* Hood River, OR
* White Salmon, WA

EMPLOYER ASSURANCES:
* Housing is provided at no cost to workers from outside the local recruitment area.
* Transporation (bus or car) to the work site from the place of recruitment will be reimbursed when 50% of the contract is completed.

"if piece work is not being used"
I would love to sell you a used car Allie. You do not even read your own posts.
Piece work is ALWAYS used in the picking business.

"PAY:

Compensation

"PAY:
* $10.85 per hour.

HOURS:
HOUSING:

TRANSPORTATION:

"PAY:

PIECE RATE for Apples:

PIECE RATE for Pears:

DAYS & HOURS:

WORK SITES:
* Hood River, OR
* White Salmon, WA

EMPLOYER ASSURANCES:

You're a fucking idiot.

"* Pay is made on a piece-rate basis or no less than $10.85 per hour."

You'd lose your shirt selling me a car, I promise.

"PAY:

Compensation

"PAY:
* $10.85 per hour.

HOURS:
HOUSING:

TRANSPORTATION:

"PAY:

PIECE RATE for Apples:

PIECE RATE for Pears:

DAYS & HOURS:

WORK SITES:
* Hood River, OR
* White Salmon, WA

EMPLOYER ASSURANCES:

You're a fucking idiot.

That is the second job listing for a whopping FORTY employees out of the 100,000 employed in America.
Ever heard of a ghost gag employment ad?
And you claim I am the "fucking idiot"?
40 jobs listed out of the 100,000 folks that pick produce on the west coast and you believe that is credible, convincing and overwhelming evidence.
Scary Allie. You are not an objective citizen. I pray that you are never asked to serve on a jury or in any capacity dealing with realities in a human beings' life.

I haven't watching anything on Nothing But Commercials in years.

Just sayin'.

You're a fucking idiot.

That is the second job listing for a whopping FORTY employees out of the 100,000 employed in America.
40 jobs listed out of the 100,000 folks that pick produce on the west coast and you believe that is credible, convincing and overwhelming evidence.
Scary Allie. You are not an objective citizen. I pray that you are never asked to serve on a jury or in any capacity dealing with realities in a human beings' life.

Have you provided any sort of substantiation for your ridiculous claims?

I have spent my life in areas where migrant farm workers spend big tracts of time. I'm also a caseworker, so I see them and know what they make and where they make it.

I make a good juror, and I deal with serious realities in the lives of this population every single day. I know where to go for information on their income, I know how to verify it, I know who the growers are, I know where the people live, I know what they pay for rent (if they pay) and I know who is in their households.

Anything else, dumbshit? I'll wait for some sort of support for your idiocy. Oh, wait, you're going with the "ghost gag" thing. How convenient. In other words, we just assume a quiet minority of people are being taken advantage of.

Ha.

Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of Americans who will do the work....

...but not unless they're paid a hell of a lot more than the Hispanics.

I'm guessing work conditions in some places would have to be upgraded, too. Put it together and you have higher food prices. One could argue that that would be an acceptable tradeoff for having Americans in those jobs and I wouldn't disagree. At the same time, I have a feeling a lot of people pissing and moaning about illegals right now won't be too thrilled about having to pay more for food.

You're a fucking idiot.

Have you provided any sort of substantiation for your ridiculous claims?

I have spent my life in areas where migrant farm workers spend big tracts of time. I'm also a caseworker, so I see them and know what they make and where they make it.

I make a good juror, and I deal with serious realities in the lives of this population every single day. I know where to go for information on their income, I know how to verify it, I know who the growers are, I know where the people live, I know what they pay for rent (if they pay) and I know who is in their households.

Anything else, dumbshit? I'll wait for some sort of support for your idiocy. Oh, wait, you're going with the "ghost gag" thing. How convenient. In other words, we just assume a quiet minority of people are being taken advantage of.

Ha.

You work for DFACS?

I don't know what DFACS is. So I suspect I don't work for them.
I work for the state as a caseworker.

:rolleyes:
Simple solution

Spend a day doing what they do

I have... that is, before I got my degree.
When I was a teenager and throughout my 20's

I worked my ass off!
I call BS - work americans wont do? Yeah, for 3 bucks an hour.... no one should work for those wages! Plus, its "illegal".... wow, go figure :rolleyes:

Yes, I do then.

So, in your work you have seen Hispanics beat their wives so then you have come to the conclusion that all Hispanics beat their wives?
I am sure you have had many cases where whites have beat their wives. So all whites then must beat their wives?
And possibly you may be in an area where the DFACS presence is high because there is a large Hispanic population in your area.

I have investigated thousands of cases where DFACS was on the other side. Everything from child molestation cases that were false to kids getting away with all kinds of criminal activity.
You folks are over worked and under paid Allie. My observations are that either the caseworker is lousy or very good. I would bet that you are good at it.
But you are weak under fire as evidenced here. You call names in a civil debate. Put you under real fire in a fire fight and what would happen?

I didn't say that, nitwit. I said it's stupid to make the generalization that Hispanics have wonderful family values, based on the fact they're hispanic. According to you, that's a stupid assumption to make. Or maybe it's only stupid when somebody makes it on the other side.

Yes I call names. It's like a hobby and the way I release steam. So what?

I didn't say that, nitwit. I said it's stupid to make the generalization that Hispanics have wonderful family values, based on the fact they're hispanic. According to you, that's a stupid assumption to make. Or maybe it's only stupid when somebody makes it on the other side.

Yes I call names. It's like a hobby and the way I release steam. So what?

Childlike. If you have no discipline your kids will see that.
Be disciplined. Just like I would bet you are a good social worker I bet you have it in you to debate in a civil manner.
So govern yourself accordingly. Your kids will benefit from it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I worked as hard as they claimed these Mexicans do, I would be skin and bones. These Mexicans are F A T ! The father, the mother, and the kids are all overweight, really overweight! How is that possible after working all those hours in the hot sun doing back breaking work that Americans won't do on the few farms left that don't use machinery.

Inside Dateline - Sunday, July 18: Children of the Harvest

By the way, I challenge any of these networks to question Mexicans living in Chicago, New York or any American city if they will work in the fields for slave wages.

It's all bullshit meant to make Americans look bad. When are these networks going to examine the corrupt motives of Mexicans. Do they ever ask Mexicans why they are taking the jobs that could feed the people of the rest of the world. These networks never point out that whites still out number browns by more than double in the poverty department, yet they won't stand up for their own people.

Atta boy, NBC. How's that merger with Telemundo working out for you?

I worked in the fields when I was 12 and I'm not Mexican. I love how he says they came here to help us. Bulcrap. They came here to help themselves. When I worked in the fields it was for money, not the help the farmer. The only job a 12 year old could do was work in the fields and I would have loved the job of picking cucumbers. I picked strawberries for canning, we had to pick them a certain way so there was no green cap on them. My hands were purple all summer. I also noticed he dumped in a bucket that was only half full of cucumbers, if we turned in a flat that wasn't completely full of strawberries and with absolutely no green in there, we weren't paid for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I worked as hard as they claimed these Mexicans do, I would be skin and bones. These Mexicans are F A T ! The father, the mother, and the kids are all overweight, really overweight! How is that possible after working all those hours in the hot sun doing back breaking work that Americans won't do on the few farms left that don't use machinery.

Inside Dateline - Sunday, July 18: Children of the Harvest

By the way, I challenge any of these networks to question Mexicans living in Chicago, New York or any American city if they will work in the fields for slave wages.

It's all bullshit meant to make Americans look bad. When are these networks going to examine the corrupt motives of Mexicans. Do they ever ask Mexicans why they are taking the jobs that could feed the people of the rest of the world. These networks never point out that whites still out number browns by more than double in the poverty department, yet they won't stand up for their own people.

Atta boy, NBC. How's that merger with Telemundo working out for you?

I worked in the fields when I was 12 and I'm not Mexican. I love how he says they came here to help us. Bulcrap. They came here to help themselves. When I worked in the fields it was for money, not the help the farmer. The only job a 12 year old could do was work in the fields and I would have loved the job of picking cucumbers. I picked strawberries for canning, we had to pick them a certain way so there was no green cap on them. My hands were purple all summer. I also noticed he dumped in a bucket that was only half full of cucumbers, if we turned in a flat that wasn't completely full of strawberries and with absolutely no green in there, we weren't paid for it.

I said they came here because YOU demanded them.
Quit hiring them and they never come.

Quit hiring them and they never come? The show clearly demonstarted that the family traveled to MN without a job lined up. When you have someone who will work their kids illegally and for next to nothing, someone will use them. It is important to penalize both parties to keep them from attempting it in the future.

Forum List

Back