NBA players speak out on relaxing rules against marijuana use

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
If I'm a coach - I would much rather see one of my payers smoke weed for pain management and stress then drink like a fish and/or take prescription pain meds after every game. The time has come to realize that good people and great athletes DO smoke pot.

<snips>

During his 15-year NBA career, Matt Barnes developed a reliable game-day routine. First there was the morning shoot-around. Then he'd go home for a rest, where he'd do what so many NBA players do during those long afternoons: nap, shower, eat a meal.

But before all that, he'd smoke a joint.

"It wasn't every single game, but in 15 years, it was a lot," Barnes told Bleacher Report in a roundtable discussion about marijuana use in sports published this week.

Any best games?

"All my best games I was medicated," Barnes said.

Reports of widespread marijuana use among pro athletes aren't new, nor are calls for a relaxation of its restriction in sports leagues. Newly retired tight end Martellus Bennett recently told Chris Simms and Adam Lefkoe on their podcast that "about 89 percent" of NFL players use marijuana and that they turn to it as a natural alternative to prescription painkillers. Scaife, who played tight end in the league for six seasons, put the number at about 80 percent. Former Chicago Bulls guard Jay Williams once estimated that 75 to 80 percent of NBA players use marijuana.

Former quarterback Jake Plummer wrote a piece for Sports Illustrated in 2016 calling cannabis "an alternative to the harmful narcotics used today by NFL teams who have been reluctant to embrace new research on hemp-based solutions." Martin told Bleacher Report's roundtable that he thinks marijuana reduced the pain from his multiple major surgeries, while Barnes said it helped with his back, toe and finger injuries while also helping him sleep.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver told Bleacher Report that the league is "interested in better understanding the safety and efficacy" of medical marijuana. The NFL, meanwhile, has offered to work with the players association in studying the potential uses of marijuana for pain management. Union chief DeMaurice Smith has talked about finding a "less punitive" approach, saying " it's important to not simply assume recreation is the reason it's being used."​

MOAR:

'All my best games I was medicated': Matt Barnes on his game-day use of marijuana

There are times when you just gotta stand up and cheer for drug addiction.

Nine in ten teens at drug clinics are being treated for marijuana use | Daily Mail Online

More More More, all you can stuff in to your bloated gut.

Marjuana linked to 'unbearable' sickness across US as use grows following legalisation

Who says there's nothing about pot to celebrate! It's more than just a homage to Hitler!
People are being treated for marijuana use? :laugh:

Treated for what? Paranoia that the cops are going to walk into their room? :laugh:

Nine in ten teens at drug clinics are being treated for marijuana use | Daily Mail Online

Marjuana linked to 'unbearable' sickness across US as use grows following legalisation

Who says there's nothing about pot to celebrate! It's more than just a homage to Hitler!

Treated for what? Paranoia that the cops are going to walk into their room? :laugh:

Read the article. You might learn something.

There should be NO treatment. Let them die in the streets, kill each other, jump out of windows. They are worthless drug addicts who are better off dead.

There should be NO treatment. Let them die in the streets, kill each other, jump out of windows. They are worthless drug addicts who are better off dead.
Lol I hope you’re old and ready to leave the world to the young and mentally stable

Lol I hope you’re old and ready to leave the world to the young and mentally stable

You mean the young who are dying of overdoses in record numbers. That's what you really mean.

The average non addicted 80 year old will outlive the average drug using 20 year old. Tough noogies.

You mean the young who are dying of overdoses in record numbers. That's what you really mean.
You mean the opioid crisis? Yeah you crackas are really thinning out the herd with that. You should try some pot. It’s far safer and only addictive if you have a lot of downtime in your life.

I would like to agree with this, but sadly I lost a cousin when he was left for dead after being hit by car that was being driven by someone who was under the influence. In other words, if treatment can save innocent lives, then may there be as much of it out there as possible.

God bless you and the rest of my family always!!!

Holly

Teens should not be smoking weed as their brains are still developing. 21 or older

Spare us the propaganda -

71AEzqbULtL._SY450_.jpg

The average non addicted 80 year old will outlive the average drug using 20 year old. Tough noogies.

No one has ever died of a marijuana overdose.

Spare us Tipsy - We beg of you

No one has ever died of a marijuana overdose.

Spare us Tipsy - We beg of you

Naturally, the addicts can't or won't stop with marijuana. With a little encouragement, they can move right on to fentanyl, synthetic marijuana or bug spray. Death by overdose is the leading cause of death among those under 20.

No medical treatment no matter if its cocaine, pot, heroin or something else.

I would like to agree with this, but sadly I lost a cousin when he was left for dead after being hit by car that was being driven by someone who was under the influence. In other words, if treatment can save innocent lives, then may there be as much of it out there as possible.

God bless you and the rest of my family always!!!

Holly

Treatment only creates more addicts. Lock them up, warehouse them, but don't treat them medically.

Alcoholics say the same thing. Their best work was when they were drunk.
Only you say that about yourself. Meanwhile the athletes have trophies and medals.
And some of the greatest literaries and musicians in history were drunks.
You want children to emulate potheads. There is a place in hell for your ilk.

Naturally, the addicts can't or won't stop with marijuana. With a little encouragement, they can move right on to fentanyl, synthetic marijuana or bug spray. Death by overdose is the leading cause of death among those under 20.

I guess aspirin is a gateway drug - 100% of heroin addicts had an aspirin at some point prior to becoming addicted. :rolleyes-41:

Please stop Tipsy -

Is marijuana a gateway drug? Here's what the research says.
Once and for All, Marijuana Is Not a Gateway Drug

I guess aspirin is a gateway drug - 100% of heroin addicts had an aspirin at some point prior to becoming addicted. :rolleyes-41:

Please stop Tipsy -

Tipsy is a middle aged virgin living in someones backyard. Dont bother with her.

Please stop Tipsy -

Once and for all. Drug addiction is drug addiction. Believe you drug propaganda. I do not care. There is plenty to say that it is.
Is marijuana a gateway drug?
Marijuana Has Proven to Be a Gateway Drug - NYTimes.com

Dope this players up to the gills and send them out there to bash one another's heads in.

How the gladiator games would have been improved and more amusing if the participants had been given drugs. Give them marijuana and watch them try to eat one another's faces off.

Tests in cannibalism case: Zombie-like attacker used pot, not 'bath salts' - CNN

Now you can spend the next hour or so looking up more crap to prove how wonderful pot is. You are an addict. I get it. We all get it. Now sit down and suck your bong.

Alcoholics say the same thing. Their best work was when they were drunk.
Only you say that about yourself. Meanwhile the athletes have trophies and medals.
And some of the greatest literaries and musicians in history were drunks.
You want children to emulate potheads. There is a place in hell for your ilk.
I want them to do great things. If they want to smoke pot when they grow up, well, at least they’re using the safest drug in existence instead of the far more dangerous legal drugs that you support. Burn in hell, you inbred trash.

New Topics

Forum List

Back