Nazism in Amrica or why did my great grandfather die

Americans died so that we could all have the freedom to say what we want to say.

Are you really willing to give up the First Amendment?

Exactly, 400 000 Americans died for our and freedom. Maybe you think that there were a lot of freedom in Nazi Germany or in Duce's Italy? Maybe you wanna come back to times of happiness and welfare in the Third Reich, don't you?

Luddy is NOT a Nazi sympathiser, dude.

He is one of the saner posters here, IMHO.

Anyone who compares ANY US president with Hitler or Fascism needs to visit Birkenau and get a little learning.

It is hugely offensive. It makes a joke out of the 12 million people who died under REAL Fascism.

Hitler didn't campaign on mass murder, that's just how it turned out when you put a LeftWinger in charge of an unarmed populace

Letting people fly flags isn't supporting their cause.

True...and the guy here probably isn't a Nazi, really.

But I do think we have to consider the impact the flag has on Jews and Roma.

To me it's a little like someone hanging a US flag with the words "I hate America" painted on it. If 9 out of 10 people on his street find that insulting and offensive, I'd think their rights might be taken into consideration somehow.

To me it's a little like someone hanging a US flag with the words "I hate America" painted on it. If 9 out of 10 people on his street find that insulting and offensive, I'd think their rights might be taken into consideration somehow.
That's the difference in America. Germany can outlaw that but if one guy in the entire nation wants to voice his offensive opinion he is free to do so.

Freedom to express your opinion is meaningless if it only allows for popular opinions.

P. Fan -

Yes, I get that.

But I also think there can be a line in the sand that protects people from being taunted by nutcases - as with this case. I agree that it is a limitation of rights, but I'm fine with that in a case of something like Holocaust Denial, for instance.

I know you are talking about. My dad got purple heart, was shot by a fascist soldier 60 years ago. I had a uncle flying in mig alley, a brother putting bombs on planes for the Navy back in 68' or so. I get it.

156798_600.jpg
Does this guy think that everything is OK with his nazi flag?
Virginia man hangs Nazi flag outside home - NY Daily News
So, 400 000 americans died in WWII and all my life I've been thinking that America and americans are against Nazism and racism but it seems that our government doesn't think so.
Why Canada Voted Against Resolution At UN To Combat Glorification Of Nazism

Your grandfather died for geostrategical interests of the USA. Like the other Americans in all the other US wars.
Listen, if a politician sends you to war for democracy, freedom or whatever noble reasons he comes up with, look for the moneys.
You did not fight the war against Japan because they were evil bastards supressing occupied countries. They had almost cut the US off of the narural rubber supplies from Indonesia, plus the growing economic ties to other pacific countries.
The US did not fight against Germany because of the Nazi ideology. First, because it wasn't even an ideology. Nazism was a patchwork of stereotypes and occultism that fell on fertile ground because of the unimaginable desperate situation in Germany after WWI.
Second, because the true reason was the intention of the British and French to curb a new continental power which was now rising for the second time within 50 years.
And they needed the US desperately because both were on the downward slope, the French since Napoleon screwed them up, the British because they were losing their empire step by step.
If you want to understand the history of the violent European history you have to go back longer than the USA even existed. It is a history of national dominance with changing players since the fall of the roman empire.

The US used this two wars to install themselves as the new superpower on the planet.
Presently you are defending this position furiously, it remembers a little of the British. Only thing is, you have no big brother left to help you out.

Your grandfather died for geostrategical interests of the USA. Like the other Americans in all the other US wars.
Listen, if a politician sends you to war for democracy, freedom or whatever noble reasons he comes up with, look for the moneys.
You did not fight the war against Japan because they were evil bastards supressing occupied countries. They had almost cut the US off of the narural rubber supplies from Indonesia, plus the growing economic ties to other pacific countries.
It's about time we heard some retard anti-american history. Japan attacked the US, they did so because of the oil embargo due to their aggressive actions against China. The Chinese wouldn't agree with you.
The US did not fight against Germany because of the Nazi ideology. First, because it wasn't even an ideology. Nazism was a patchwork of stereotypes and occultism that fell on fertile ground because of the unimaginable desperate situation in Germany after WWI.
LOL. Where to start with that one? If they didn't have an ideology they had a pretty good imitation of one! They were hell bent on taking over the entire european region, then who knows? Their desperate situation was due to their actions in WW1. The victim role won't play here.
Second, because the true reason was the intention of the British and French to curb a new continental power which was now rising for the second time within 50 years.
And they needed the US desperately because both were on the downward slope, the French since Napoleon screwed them up, the British because they were losing their empire step by step.
If you want to understand the history of the violent European history you have to go back longer than the USA even existed. It is a history of national dominance with changing players since the fall of the roman empire.
So it wasn't all about money after all.
The US used this two wars to install themselves as the new superpower on the planet.
Presently you are defending this position furiously, it remembers a little of the British. Only thing is, you have no big brother left to help you out.
The US rose as a super power because of our resources, increased manufacturing ability, including women in the work place and the fact that Europe in Japan had to rebuild. You have US penis envy, sorry for your loss.

P. Fan -

Yes, I get that.

But I also think there can be a line in the sand that protects people from being taunted by nutcases - as with this case. I agree that it is a limitation of rights, but I'm fine with that in a case of something like Holocaust Denial, for instance.

Who draws that line? Who gets to decide who is a nutcase and who is not. Who gets to decide which people should be protected? Do you really want to place that kind of power in the hands of your local government, because I sure don't. Do you really want to place your right to free speech in the hands of people whose only concern is getting elected? I would rather take my chances on being offended.

Do you really want to place your right to free speech in the hands of people whose only concern is getting elected?
Yup, majority of them just uses words "rights", "freedom", "liberty", "democracy" and bla bla bla just to take one or two or 5 million votes more. It's political BS. Hitler said to offended and abject germans that they are only one "right" nation in the world. Do you remember Obama's speech in West Point? Yes, yes, about American exceptionalism. So, close, yes? It's the first step.

156798_600.jpg
Does this guy think that everything is OK with his nazi flag?
Virginia man hangs Nazi flag outside home - NY Daily News
So, 400 000 americans died in WWII and all my life I've been thinking that America and americans are against Nazism and racism but it seems that our government doesn't think so.
Why Canada Voted Against Resolution At UN To Combat Glorification Of Nazism

It's much worse actually. Neo-Nazis exist in Israel itself.

Right-wing demonstrators in Tel Aviv wore neo-Nazi shirts - National Israel News Haaretz

And a related item establishes neo-nazi groups aligning with islamic ones,
Neo-Nazis Islamists declare You Jews are beasts during protest of Israeli operation

Forum List

Back