National Journal: McCain Tops List of Most Conservative Senators

And this was person who the republicans chose as their presidential candidate. :D

If you ask me, conservatives were "damned if you do and damned if you don't" in that election. Of course, I suspect there are many on the left that will say conservatives are damned anyway. :lol:

Immie

LOL, Wish I could rep you again.

I thi=ought it was all hillarious, The right were very lackluster on voting for McCain until he picked Palin. It was like the halleula chorous fired up.

Man I still think that is just so funny.

He's not far right.....trust me. :lol:

anti-choice... yep (dealbreaker for me)
pro iraq war... yep
bomb bomb bomb iran... yep
picked palin as VP... yep (inexcusable in and of itself)
build fence... yep
vote against health care reform... yep.

what positions of his aren't radical right? do you think the list is misleading?

Immigration yep
Drilling ANWR nope
Global Warming yep

I agree, in the last two years he has turned to the right....but two years in his long political ride does not make a conservative....nor one that I and most conservatives could trust.
PS....He picked Palin because she WAS a true conservative...something he thought his campaign was in dire need of.

Reagan granted amnesty to millions of illegals. I guess he wasn't a conservative (he actually wasn't).

Do you think I might be able to find a 'conservative' who is against drilling in ANWR, and another who believes in climate change?

anti-choice... yep (dealbreaker for me)
pro iraq war... yep
bomb bomb bomb iran... yep
picked palin as VP... yep (inexcusable in and of itself)
build fence... yep
vote against health care reform... yep.

what positions of his aren't radical right? do you think the list is misleading?

Immigration yep
Drilling ANWR nope
Global Warming yep

I agree, in the last two years he has turned to the right....but two years in his long political ride does not make a conservative....nor one that I and most conservatives could trust.
PS....He picked Palin because she WAS a true conservative...something he thought his campaign was in dire need of.

Reagan granted amnesty to millions of illegals. I guess he wasn't a conservative (he actually wasn't).

Do you think I might be able to find a 'conservative' who is against drilling in ANWR, and another who believes in climate change?

Believes in climate change or believes in the "impending disastrous consequences" of climate change that Al Gore has been spouting about for the last lord knows how many years?

Immie

And this was person who the republicans chose as their presidential candidate. :D

If you ask me, conservatives were "damned if you do and damned if you don't" in that election. Of course, I suspect there are many on the left that will say conservatives are damned anyway. :lol:

Immie

Conservatives severely damaged their credibility with the American public when they refused to speak out against any Bush policies or actions besides his attempt to seat his cleaning lady on the Supreme Court. They opposed him on that. But they did not oppose his wild spending, his keeping two wars off the books, his creation of the largest government agency in history, etc., etc., etc., etc.

If conservatives lived by the values they claim to hold, they would have stood up in unison - sort of like a 'tea party' - against his recklessness.

And THAT'S why I view these teabaggers as a sham: they only started to complain once the Democrat took office. They have no integrity.

Immigration yep
Drilling ANWR nope
Global Warming yep

Believes in climate change or believes in the "impending disastrous consequences" of climate change that Al Gore has been spouting about for the last lord knows how many years?

Immie
I haven't seen a difference, Immie. Almost all of them deny it's existence.

Immie

Conservatives severely damaged their credibility with the American public when they refused to speak out against any Bush policies or actions besides his attempt to seat his cleaning lady on the Supreme Court. They opposed him on that. But they did not oppose his wild spending, his keeping two wars off the books, his creation of the largest government agency in history, etc., etc., etc., etc.

If conservatives lived by the values they claim to hold, they would have stood up in unison - sort of like a 'tea party' - against his recklessness.

And THAT'S why I view these teabaggers as a sham: they only started to complain once the Democrat took office. They have no integrity.

I started standing against Bush with the Halliburton issues. If that was not a conflict of interest then I honestly have not got a clue what is. Things only went down hill from there. I did support the attempt to take down Saddam Hussein but from that point on, I thought we should have been getting out of Iraq at least as a major force. I was pretty much alone as a conservative in my reaction to Bush for a long long time.

The Tea Party gets no love from me either. It is nothing more than the little pinkie of the Republican Party... just a fringe group of the party. When everything is said and done come election day, most of them will support the Republican candidate even if Jesus Christ was his Democratic Party opponent.

Immie

Immie
I haven't seen a difference, Immie. Almost all of them deny it's existence.

I think you are mis-reading the opposition, but then maybe I am instead. I don't think people are denying that temperatures are in an upward trend. I think the issue is more that they do not believe it means the end of the world. At least not in the next million years or so.

Speaking just for me, I don't really trust those who are screaming that the earth is burning up and it is all man's fault. I suspect their motives. I do not doubt that mankind and its technology has negatively affected our environment. I am prayerful that some day soon we will wake up and find a way to reverse that trend. That being said, my impression of the proponents of the "earth is burning up" terror campaign is that they are becoming damned rich off this data and laughing all the way to the bank.

I believe man has affected the environment. In my opinion, only a fool would claim otherwise. I also believe we should do everything we can to minimize that. What I do not believe is that our presence is going to destroy the world.

Immie

Forum List

Back