Rep. Paul Broun asked: 'Who Is Going To Shoot Obama?' Broun doesn't disagree

Discussion in 'Congress' started by SgtMeowenstein, Feb 25, 2011.

1. SgtMeowenstein

SgtMeowenstein BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Georgia Rep. Paul Braun was asked by a constituent, "Who is going to shoot Obama?". Instead of condemning the constituent, Braun "ignored" the question and went on to discuss frustration with Obama in general.

Way to go, Braun. Somebody says Obama should be shot and you can't even muster the balls to condemn it. :clap2:

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Someone asked the question 'who is going to shoot Obama?'. Please provide the quote that backs up your claim that anyone said 'Obama should be shot'.

The two are not the same. One is a question. The other a statement. I can see where the question was asked. I cannot find the statement that suggests Obama should be shot.

3. SgtMeowenstein

SgtMeowenstein BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Really? That all you have? The semantics of my post? Sorry, professor, this isn't an English class. The question was asked. Do you agree with it? How do you feel about Braun's lack of condemnation?

4. Defiant1

Defiant1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +983
    The last thing we want is to make a martyr out of that POS.

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    It's not semantics. It's fact. There is no quote that says 'Obama should be shot'. Someone asked a question. A stupid question. And Braun ignored it. So? Responding to it would have given it credence, he chose not to give it credence. I have no problem with that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. SgtMeowenstein

SgtMeowenstein BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Right. Don't condemn the questioner or Braun for not defending Obama against an obvious nut. Worrying how an Obama assassination would affect your party politically is your only response.

7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,474
    CG is not a Republican and I agree with her. I think Broun handled it best by ignoring the guy instead of feeding into his attention seeking.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. SgtMeowenstein

SgtMeowenstein BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +67
    SOmebody suggested with their question that Obama should be shot. Instead of condemning the questioner, Braun decided to turn it into a talking point about Obamacare. He's a real stand up guy. And all you have to say about it is that technically there was no statement, just a question. So fucking what? That's your only concern? Does that change the fact that some asshole asked it? Does that change the fact that Braun didn't even try and defend the POTUS?

9. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    OK let's look at the two statements together
    Now do you see the difference?

10. SgtMeowenstein

SgtMeowenstein BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +67
    He ignored the guy who asked the question and turned it into an opportunity to bash Obamacare. He should have been outraged that somebody would suggest the POTUS be shot. Look, I hated Bush. But if somebody suggested that he be shot, and a Democratic Congressman turned it into an anti-Bush bash instead of strongly condemning the person, I would be just as disgusted with that Dem as I am with this Repub.