National ID or Scan & Pat-Down? You Vote

Which do you prefer, a National ID system, or scans & pat-downs?

• A national ID system, unknowns need heavy duty screenings

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Treat everyone as unknowns, and scan or pat-down everyone the same

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How about neither and I'll take liberty instead?

Ah the moronic..."terrorism is a hoax" rationale'...go back to your drugged stupor...

I didn't say terrorism was a hoax. I said I'd take neither option you offered and elect to keep my freedom instead. Try reading what I say next time, and not reading into what I say whatever nonsense you think appropriate.

Nonsense. Good word.
Like whining about "freedom" in the abstract when you admit terrorists are actively trying to kill you and your family.
You don't lose any "freedom" when the airlines know who you are, and more importantly who is more likely to be a terrorist. A positive ID system would make much more sense than these stupid pat-downs and partial scans.

Ah the moronic..."terrorism is a hoax" rationale'...go back to your drugged stupor...

I didn't say terrorism was a hoax. I said I'd take neither option you offered and elect to keep my freedom instead. Try reading what I say next time, and not reading into what I say whatever nonsense you think appropriate.

Nonsense. Good word.
Like whining about "freedom" in the abstract when you admit terrorists are actively trying to kill you and your family.
You don't lose any "freedom" when the airlines know who you are, and more importantly who is more likely to be a terrorist. A positive ID system would make much more sense than these stupid pat-downs and partial scans.

The government assuming it has a right to all my personal information such as retinal scan and fingerprints is abridging my freedom as much as an invasive grope session or naked x-ray.

Nonsense. Good word.

The government assuming it has a right to all my personal information such as retinal scan and fingerprints is abridging my freedom as much as an invasive grope session or naked x-ray.

The government needs to know who you are, and more importantly who is more likely to be a terrorist. Please show me where the Constitution says that citizens have a right to anonymity.
Personally, I prefer a fingerprint scan, or a faceprint, and a voiceprint.
A national ID is no more invasive than a driver's license. Your freedoms not to drive a car any way you want is another example I can put up. Freedom doesn't mean anarchy or capitulation to terrorists.

Why not just close down all the airports and start using Greyhound busses more. That will fuck 'em. No planes to blow up and the terrorist all go home.

Nonsense. Good word.

The government needs to know who you are, and more importantly who is more likely to be a terrorist. Please show me where the Constitution says that citizens have a right to anonymity.
A national ID is no more invasive than a driver's license. Your freedoms not to drive a car any way you want is another example I can put up. Freedom doesn't mean anarchy or capitulation to terrorists.

The 9th Amendment.

The 9th Amendment.

Try to test that "right" in an airport or when driving unlawfully.

The 9th Amendment.

The U.S. Constitution doesn't apply to state laws, and that the government violates rights doesn't mean they don't exist.

The 9th Amendment.

The U.S. Constitution doesn't apply to state laws, and that the government violates rights doesn't mean they don't exist.

If your argument is that the government routinely violates our rights, and their knowing who we are, i.e. our identities, via biometrics violates our undefined rights, fine. Whine away.
My argument is that the government needs to identify low-risk & high-risk passengers, and when fighting terrorism "ignorance is not bliss". If you happen to be in the high risk demographic, grin & bare it, or don't fly.

The government trades racial discrimination for gender discrimination... by not allowing the guys to feel-up the girls, and vice versa. The only winners now are the queers.

If your argument is that the government routinely violates our rights, and their knowing who we are, i.e. our identities, via biometrics violates our undefined rights, fine. Whine away.
My argument is that the government needs to identify low-risk & high-risk passengers, and when fighting terrorism "ignorance is not bliss". If you happen to be in the high risk demographic, grin & bare it, or don't fly.

Well I guess we should just dismiss your argument with "Whine away." Or grin and bare the TSA's policies, or don't fly.

Give me a break.

Another thread has presented this choice, but I think this is serious enough to take a poll.

We are all being subjected to either X-rays during a mandatory "scan", or a physical search by strangers. Why are we being subjected to this politically correct bullshit? Because the politically correct don't want to "profile" anyone.

What is wrong with "profiling"? NOTHING. Its a simple fact of reality, that certain segments of the population are more dangerous than other segments. The fact that we can't leverage that common-sense fact is moronic.

IMHO since we all need IDs to fly, it should be fairly simple to check if someone needs more scrutiny than others. I'm a frequent flyer with photo ID. I'd rather have a positive ID scan, such as fingerprints, faceprint, voiceprint, retinal scan.

The high-risk passengers should get a quick polygraph to detect "nerves" or deception. Then they should get cavity searched, and told not to fly.

The person's positive ID should be worth more than a random screening.

I think your reasoning is flawed. You are being subjected to x-rays & fondling* because you have two parties in DC allowing open borders so terrorists & their explosives are free to enter and free to fly airplane-missiles into buildings or blow up the plane, etc. When you finally decide to deal with the causation (The open border) of your problems,.....they will be solved.

I have no need for a National ID card. I have an American Social Security card. And I shouldn't be forced at the point of gun to pay for all this frigging security machines and TSA people when I don't fly. Let the passengers pay a tax to support it when they buy their friggin tickets. I have to pay taxes because I drive, and pay tolls to cross roads because I drive, so why don't passendgers have to pay their own friggin way??? Is it because they are corporate slobs??

*** The TSA pat down should be called Fondue.

Last edited:
Personally I think we should go back to horse and buggy for interstate travel. If some terrorist wants to stick a bomb up some horses ass then more power to him/her.

i demand a full pat-down by a member of the opposite sex....sorry but i HAD to say that

That's a damn reasonable request considering Obama got his way on pushing same sex relations on military personnel.

Yes, not a bad idea, considering they use females in the male wards of jails, why not airports? And this way we can give them the fondue and see how they enjoy it.

I would like a National ID.

Implantable/trackable would be even better.

Not needed. Your faceprint, fingerprints, voiceprints, and even retinal scan can have you pegged in a few seconds. A device can be copied or transplanted.
It just burns me that the TSA treats my kids the same way as someone from a terrorist country with a one-way ticket and no luggage, or a ticking "religiously protected" turban. Moronic system.

How about barcode tattoos at birth?

What is wrong with "profiling"? NOTHING. Its a simple fact of reality, that certain segments of the population are more dangerous than other segments.
I normally don't say this but ...

That sounds unbelievably racist.

The high-risk passengers should get a quick polygraph to detect "nerves" or deception.

Those don't work.

Then they should get cavity searched, and told not to fly.

So we search them, don't find anything and still don't let them fly? What kind of sense does that make?

Forum List

Back