Nate Silver Say... Everything Nate Silver goes here

The Romney "Landslide" That Wasn't | Blog | Media Matters for America

:lol:

• Dick Morris: "Prediction: Romney 325, Obama 213"
• Glenn Beck: "321-217 victory for Romney in the electoral college."
• Rush Limbaugh: "Everything -- Except the Polls -- Points to a Romney Landslide"
• Michael Barone: "Romney Beats Obama, Handily"
• George Will: Romney 321, Obama 217
• Newsmax: "Expect a Mitt Romney Landslide"
• Larry Kudlow: "I am now predicting a 330 vote electoral landslide."

It didn't work out that way.

And again, this wasn't simply a case of partisans rooting for their side and letting that enthusiasm color their analysis. What was so unusual was there was no polling data to support the idea of a Romney Landslide. None. Zero. It did not exist. Instead, this was a school of conservative pundits incapable of imaging the president being re-elected, and incapable of imaging Obama not losing in a humiliating electoral rout.

• Rush Limbaugh: "Everything -- Except the Polls -- Points to a Romney Landslide"

And again, this wasn't simply a case of partisans rooting for their side and letting that enthusiasm color their analysis. What was so unusual was there was no polling data to support the idea of a Romney Landslide. None. Zero. It did not exist. Instead, this was a school of conservative pundits incapable of imaging the president being re-elected, and incapable of imaging Obama not losing in a humiliating electoral rout.
POWERFUL!!! :clap2:

Please, PLEASE... Keep hanging your liberal hats on Nate Silver....:lol:

It will make you look that much more stupid on election day...

fuck-you.jpg

:)

when IS House gonna find the balls to come back on here and try to carry on a conversation whilst spitting out mouthfuls of crow feathers?

POWERFUL!!! :clap2:

How dare you post Media Matters, you Commie Lib bastard!

Who cares if they're right.

Dean Chambers, the man who garnered praise from the right and notoriety on the left for his "Unskewed Polling" site, admitted today that his method was flawed.
"Nate Silver was right, and I was wrong," Chambers said in a phone interview.
Chambers' method of "unskewing" polls involved re-weighting the sample to match what he believed the electorate would look like, in terms of party identification. He thought the electorate would lean more Republican when mainstream pollsters routinely found samples that leaned Democratic.
But as it turned out, the pollsters were right — self-identified Democrats outnumbered Republicans by 6% in election exit polls.

'Unskewed' Pollster Dean Chambers: 'Nate Silver Was Right' - Business Insider

Dean Chambers, the man who garnered praise from the right and notoriety on the left for his "Unskewed Polling" site, admitted today that his method was flawed.
Chambers' method of "unskewing" polls involved re-weighting the sample to match what he believed the electorate would look like, in terms of party identification. He thought the electorate would lean more Republican when mainstream pollsters routinely found samples that leaned Democratic.
But as it turned out, the pollsters were right — self-identified Democrats outnumbered Republicans by 6% in election exit polls.

Good for him for manning up. I found this to be interesting coming from him:

But he said he probably won't go back to "unskewing" polls next time. He actually thinks conservative-leaning pollsters like Scott Rasmussen have a lot more explaining to do.

"He has lost a lot of credibility, as far as I'm concerned," Chambers said. "He did a lot of surveys. A lot of those surveys were wrong."

The following article was pretty good too.

The Four Absurd Assumptions About The Polls That People Got Completely Wrong

Read more: Obama Vs. Romney Exit Polls: What Everyone Got Wrong - Business Insider

Last edited:

In other words, he pulled a long stringy mess of lies out of his ass.

"Hey no. That doesn't sound right. That doesn't sound fair. I'm gonna change these numbers based on what I think they should be."

"Hey no. That doesn't sound right. That doesn't sound fair. I'm gonna change these numbers based on what I think they should be."

I think he just bought into the lies being sold by the right that the polls were all wrong, because they over sampled Democrats. What was Stephen Colbert's word? Truthiness? It sounded true, and even though it had no basis in reality, he bought it. He did provide some good entertainment when the raft full of wingnuts on this forum pushed it.

Too bad Liability made the sissy bet and ran away after Obama won. He was a true believer in unskewedpolls.com.

I think he just bought into the lies being sold by the right that the polls were all wrong, because they over sampled Democrats. What was Stephen Colbert's word? Truthiness? It sounded true, and even though it had no basis in reality, he bought it. He did provide some good entertainment when the raft full of wingnuts on this forum pushed it.

Too bad Liability made the sissy bet and ran away after Obama won. He was a true believer in unskewedpolls.com.

Back in '08 he was telling us to "dread the Fred", too.

Hi House Gimp.

House drop-by yet :confused:

He took his frustration out on his Barak Obama blow-up doll last night. The doll won the fight. I believe there was an injury. He might be out for a while...on the mend..

The kid's got it rough, give him some time.

I mean, think about it - he actually believed his own bullshit.

Can you imagine getting slapped by reality that hard and then upon regaining consciousness remembering that your dumbass made a ludacris, no wait, LUDACRIS bet with arguably the last person on the board you want to lose to?

He's prolly rewatching the entire House series while crushing a giant tub of cake frosting just to cope right now.

Forum List

Back