Nate Silver: Clinton’s Leading In Exactly The States She Needs To Win

That's all that matters.

Trump clearly experienced some momentum, but it has to continue.

The wild cards remain the debates and October surprises.

I agree.

And I really do think that people can swing on this one a lot easier.

There are a lot of people fed up with these two and the whole thing.
I think most people are dug in. there are some folk in the middle who seem to fluctuate.... although I'm not quite sure how but there ya go

You have 15% undecided in many polls.

That could easily swing things.

I think you have more potential for people to go in Hillary's direction if nothing else happens.

She's not winning in Florida.

But who really cares.

The point is that this thing is a lot closer than it was a month ago and Clinton isn't cruising. She's got fouled machinery all over the place.

A 60% chance of winning in CO at this point would be a reason for concern.

Okay, take Florida off the blue map. Oh oh, she still has over 270. Last I checked it takes 270 to win.
And if you take Nevada off too…she still has over 270.

No need to worry about Colorado. Obama carried it by 2% over Romney who was from a neighboring state. Its gone blue in both the last 2 elections, has a democrat governor…

HRC is cruising.

Hillary is doing anything but "cruising", Candy! To show you how confused her campaign "message" is at the moment here in Florida the Clinton ad that they're running over and over again is one that attempts to paint Trump as hating the military because he wasn't in the military. What's laughable about THAT is it's coming from the Clinton's...a couple that has never respected the military. If that's the best thing they could come up with to "hit" Trump with...then they're in serious trouble! Especially with the Assange e-mail "reveal" due right before the election! Anytime someone pulls back the curtains and gives the American people a look at who the Clinton's really are and what they've done...Hillary's numbers take a nose dive. That's what Assange is about to do!

So HRC’s campaign is in trouble because she is running ads about how Donald “likes soldiers who were not captured”…

And Trump’s is in good shape because it’s depending on a hacker wanted by the authorities for date rape to release a supposed authentic e-mail.

Got it.

Admit it, Candy...the Clinton's have never been supporters of the military...yet she's now contending that she'd somehow be a better Commander in Chief because Trump likes soldiers who were not captured? She disliked the military so much that she didn't want them to wear uniforms when the visited the White House!

As for Assange? He's slime. The e-mails that he has access to however reveal the REAL Hillary Clinton and that's bad news for Hillary because the REAL Hillary Clinton is corrupt as the day is long!

She’s contending she’d be a better commander in chief because she has experience on the world stage, doesn’t think she knows more than the generals do, and has the proper contemplative temperament. Trump has said we are going to “take the oil” from ISIS. That means boots on the ground for the 3rd time in 25 years in the middle east. No thanks.

If you believe the man is slime…i’m curious how do you know what he is revealing is truthful? Oh yeah, I forgot; content=credibility in the world of Conservatives.

Once again, we see the sillyness of those who have no clue about how this election is going.

You have about 30% who will vote for HIllary even if you could prove she was Satan.

You have about 30% who will vote for Trump even though it just about been proved he is Satan.

In the middle you have a lot of people taking antacid and wondering how not to vomit when pulling the lever.

They really don't hear the commander in chief schtick. All they know is they don't like her....they just can't figure out if they like him less.

But who really cares.

The point is that this thing is a lot closer than it was a month ago and Clinton isn't cruising. She's got fouled machinery all over the place.

Okay, take Florida off the blue map. Oh oh, she still has over 270. Last I checked it takes 270 to win.

No need to worry about Colorado. Obama carried it by 2% over Romney who was from a neighboring state. Its gone blue in both the last 2 elections, has a democrat governor…

HRC is cruising.

It also dumped a democratic senator.

She's ahead.

If you think her campaign or party are cruising, then I have to ask why there have been a bunch of articles from people like Eugene Robinson telling people not to panic.

I really liked the one by Michael Tomansky basically saying yeah she's old/worn out/and people think she cheats....but you should still vote for her.

I am not a Trump fan, but I don't have my head in the sand like you.

She is ahead.

Cruising....laughable.

She’s been in the lead since the starting gun. She continues to lead. A poll out today shows her up by 6-7 nationwide (meaningless since we go state by state of course but good news for us, bad news for Trump enablers) which is why you guys are hoping for a health issue and praying the public starts caring about e-mails.

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 10.02.21 AM.png

Election Update: Reports Of A Clinton Rebound Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Fivethirtyeight uses more advanced statistical models than simple polls, which is why I prefer them to RCP (Real Questionable Practices, according to 538) or just straight polls.

They are telling people today to hold their water on this Clinton 'rebound'

I agree with others that this race is tight. Clinton leads, yes, but one state moves against her and she loses and the trend is against her, at least for the time being.

Debates loom huge right now....

From the article:

"Yes, Clinton has gotten some good polls. A new Monmouth University survey showing her ahead by 9 percentage points in New Hampshire is a strong result. A SurveyMonkey poll finding her leading Trump by 5 points nationally is good. The NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll putting her up 6 points among likely voters will also warm the hearts of Clinton fans.

But the trend lines are more mixed. Here are the polls released over the past three days and finished within the last week compared to the most recent poll in the same contest from the same pollster.1

....(table not c/p'd)....

In only three of the 16 polls has the race shifted in Clinton’s direction. It’s moved toward Trump in 10. Indeed, the average poll has moved 2.8 percentage points toward Trump."

Fivethirtyeight uses more advanced statistical models than simple polls, which is why I prefer them to RCP (Real Questionable Practices, according to 538) or just straight polls.

I agree with others that this race is tight. Clinton leads, yes, but one state moves against her and she loses and the trend is against her, at least for the time being.

From the article:

"Yes, Clinton has gotten some good polls. A new Monmouth University survey showing her ahead by 9 percentage points in New Hampshire is a strong result. A SurveyMonkey poll finding her leading Trump by 5 points nationally is good. The NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll putting her up 6 points among likely voters will also warm the hearts of Clinton fans.

But the trend lines are more mixed. Here are the polls released over the past three days and finished within the last week compared to the most recent poll in the same contest from the same pollster.1

In only three of the 16 polls has the race shifted in Clinton’s direction. It’s moved toward Trump in 10. Indeed, the average poll has moved 2.8 percentage points toward Trump."

9 points up with 45 days to go or so…even better for the future President Clinton.

From the article:

9 points up with 45 days to go or so…even better for the future President Clinton.
In NH, but they don't decide the race. The average is 5 and Trump has the momentum but I don't put a lot of stock in polling.

From the article:

Wow, great cherry-pick!

Also from the article, which I didn't post, but I should have known better than to think people would actually bother to read it before embarking on their partisan spin expeditions:

"Hillary Clinton’s chances of winning the White House are still near an all-time low in the FiveThirtyEight forecasts, although they’re up a smidge from earlier in the week."

We haven't had the first debate yet. We haven't had the Assange e-mail dump yet. This race is essentially deadlocked. That's reality.

your wishful thinking is amusing

the fact that you think putin's boy assange should tilt this election is particularly loser-ish

If you when you say "tilt" you mean finally reveal what Hillary Clinton has been trying oh so hard to hide from the American people...then yes...that's what I'm wishing for!

But who really cares.

HRC is cruising.

Hillary is doing anything but "cruising", Candy! To show you how confused her campaign "message" is at the moment here in Florida the Clinton ad that they're running over and over again is one that attempts to paint Trump as hating the military because he wasn't in the military. What's laughable about THAT is it's coming from the Clinton's...a couple that has never respected the military. If that's the best thing they could come up with to "hit" Trump with...then they're in serious trouble! Especially with the Assange e-mail "reveal" due right before the election! Anytime someone pulls back the curtains and gives the American people a look at who the Clinton's really are and what they've done...Hillary's numbers take a nose dive. That's what Assange is about to do!

So HRC’s campaign is in trouble because she is running ads about how Donald “likes soldiers who were not captured”…

And Trump’s is in good shape because it’s depending on a hacker wanted by the authorities for date rape to release a supposed authentic e-mail.

Got it.

Admit it, Candy...the Clinton's have never been supporters of the military...yet she's now contending that she'd somehow be a better Commander in Chief because Trump likes soldiers who were not captured? She disliked the military so much that she didn't want them to wear uniforms when the visited the White House!

As for Assange? He's slime. The e-mails that he has access to however reveal the REAL Hillary Clinton and that's bad news for Hillary because the REAL Hillary Clinton is corrupt as the day is long!

She’s contending she’d be a better commander in chief because she has experience on the world stage, doesn’t think she knows more than the generals do, and has the proper contemplative temperament. Trump has said we are going to “take the oil” from ISIS. That means boots on the ground for the 3rd time in 25 years in the middle east. No thanks.

If you believe the man is slime…i’m curious how do you know what he is revealing is truthful? Oh yeah, I forgot; content=credibility in the world of Conservatives.

Oh, she has "experience" on the world stage all right, Candy! The only problem is that it isn't positive experience. "Contemplative temperament"? Oh you mean she thinks about acting yet seldom does? I hate to break this to you Candy but we HAVE boots on the ground in the Middle East! Barry had to send troops back in to try and salvage the mess that he made by pulling them out prematurely.

As for the truthfulness of Assange? Show me something he's released that you don't find credible...

upload_2016-9-23_11-17-52.png

The average has her up by 3. People would be stupid to look at the Rueters poll and call it a tie.

From the article:

He has him at over 40% the last I looked.

That up from a generous 20% a month ago.

That's all that matters.

I agree.

Yeah, great point.

I do think there's possibility of a nihilist vote for Trump: "Aw, fuck it, let's see what happens".

What a terrible choice.

What have you got to lose ?

Oh brother.........................
The one phrase that makes me the most nervous is "well, it can't get any worse!"

Yeah. It can. It really can.

11 million illegals living in a racially divided country, nearly 20 Trillion in debt, with a marriage law that can't stop any two or more people from entering it while folks can't even tell which bathroom they are supposed to use.........

Clue me in again as to how it could get worse?

From the article:

yep. A few days ago he drew almost even in the fivethirtyeight "now poll"

Whatever the causes, the race is tight enough that Trump has a realistic shot.

That amazes me as much as the next guy, but that's the case at the moment....

That's all that matters.

I agree.

Yeah, great point.

I do think there's possibility of a nihilist vote for Trump: "Aw, fuck it, let's see what happens".

What a terrible choice.

What have you got to lose ?

Oh brother.........................
The one phrase that makes me the most nervous is "well, it can't get any worse!"

Yeah. It can. It really can.

11 million illegals living in a racially divided country, nearly 20 Trillion in debt, with a marriage law that can't stop any two or more people from entering it while folks can't even tell which bathroom they are supposed to use.........

Clue me in again as to how it could get worse?
You really think this is as bad as it can get?

Clinton knows exactly what states she needs to win. Her handlers have a well conceived strategy, while Comrade Trump is flying around the country in what seems to be a haphazard attempt to attract someone other than angry white men.

From the article:

He made it to a 42% chance of winning the WH at 538. That may be his peak. Now he is falling.

From the article:

He made it to a 42% chance of winning the WH at 538. That may be his peak. Now he is falling.

Maybe, maybe not. Clinton nation has been declaring victory forever and yet the orange nightmare is right there.

From the article:

Wow, great cherry-pick!

Also from the article, which I didn't post, but I should have known better than to think people would actually bother to read it before embarking on their partisan spin expeditions:

"Hillary Clinton’s chances of winning the White House are still near an all-time low in the FiveThirtyEight forecasts, although they’re up a smidge from earlier in the week."

The funny part of this is that you have no idea what she/he meant.

HRC is cruising.

Got it.

Oh, she has "experience" on the world stage all right, Candy! The only problem is that it isn’t positive experience.
Your opinion is noted.

"Contemplative temperament"? Oh you mean she thinks about acting yet seldom does?
She thought about running in 2016. Has done it. And is winning. And will win. Executing a strategy takes time. All trump and his enablers seem to admire is acting before a strategy is even discussed.

I hate to break this to you Candy but we HAVE boots on the ground in the Middle East! Barry had to send troops back in to try and salvage the mess that he made by pulling them out prematurely.
This is true. But rare is the case where they are doing the heavy lifting in combat situations. “Taking the oil” is not only illegal, it’s going to cost a large number of casualties. Again….you don’t make statements like that unless you want to impress the mindless hordes….like you.

As for the truthfulness of Assange? Show me something he's released that you don't find credible...

Well, that’s just it with criminals. Who knows what is truthful…what is false…what wasn’t released because it may have pertained to him or his allies??? When you live outside the law you no longer benefit from lady justice wearing her blindfold.

Got it.

Oh, she has "experience" on the world stage all right, Candy! The only problem is that it isn’t positive experience.
Your opinion is noted.

"Contemplative temperament"? Oh you mean she thinks about acting yet seldom does?
She thought about running in 2016. Has done it. And is winning. And will win. Executing a strategy takes time. All trump and his enablers seem to admire is acting before a strategy is even discussed.

I hate to break this to you Candy but we HAVE boots on the ground in the Middle East! Barry had to send troops back in to try and salvage the mess that he made by pulling them out prematurely.
This is true. But rare is the case where they are doing the heavy lifting in combat situations. “Taking the oil” is not only illegal, it’s going to cost a large number of casualties. Again….you don’t make statements like that unless you want to impress the mindless hordes….like you.

Well, that’s just it with criminals. Who knows what is truthful…what is false…what wasn’t released because it may have pertained to him or his allies??? When you live outside the law you no longer benefit from lady justice wearing her blindfold.

It was a simple question, Candy...show me something that Assange has released that you don't find credible!

Forum List

Back