Nancy Pelosi's Lesson in Power for House Republicans - WSJ editorial

And the beginning of a long overdue one. Time to step out and get some fresh era.
You mean the Republicans will finally allow us to have healthcare daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations and mainly taxing the rich like every other modern country, brainwashed functional moron?

Let us all hope that the new Speaker runs the Congressional carnival exactly like the outgoing old bitch ran it. Except, this time, at the expense of whatever the Dims seek. And of course at Brandon’s expense.
Republicans don't want anything that you actually want, super duper. All they want is to cut taxes on the rich and cut programs to help the rest. DUHHH

Last edited:
Try sobriety.
Try reality. So why are you against a living wage healthcare daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations and mainly taxing the rich their fair share again, super duper? Like other every other developed country, dingbat! Why are you against the 2010 democratic Immigration Bill that started out with an ID card for work, the only actual solution for this GOP mess? Etcetera etcetera etcetera

Try reality. So why are you against a living wage healthcare daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations and mainly taxing the rich their fair share again, super duper? Like other every other developed country, dingbat! Why are you against the 2010 democratic Immigration Bill that started out with an ID card for work, the only actual solution for this GOP mess? Etcetera etcetera etcetera
I’m the one (of the two of us) living in reality. You’re living in a fantasy. Your little pet phrases lack meaning. And you’re as presumptuous as hell. For example, you presume to know my position on any of the issues you now bring up. Also, learn all about commas. I swear, they can be all useful and shit.

I’m for a “living” wage. But I’m against you and your liberal fascist government dictating what that wage is or must be or should be.

I am for healthcare. Health carelessness is bad. But I am against the government pretending that they have an ability to create a health care “system” (which doesn’t exist) and make it workable. We all know that resources are limited. That’s why doctors accept the notion of “triage.”

One of the underpinnings of your misbegotten belief in government guaranteed healthcare is the supposition that healthcare is a “right.” It isn’t not now and it never has been. It can never be at least with our current understanding of science and medicine.

For healthcare to be a “right,” somebody or somebodies must provide it. So, boil it down and you’re trying to tell doctors (etc) not only that they are obliged to take any and all patients who show up, but you’re also telling them how much they may earn. And that’s without regard to the fact that medical supplies (like Rx’s) don’t meet the demand. So, now the government is obliged to ration who gets what and when.

No thanks. Your utopian bullshit not only has never worked, it never will.

I’m the one (of the two of us) living in reality. You’re living in a fantasy. Your little pet phrases lack meaning. And you’re as presumptuous as hell. For example, you presume to know my position on any of the issues you now bring up. Also, learn all about commas. I swear, they can be all useful and shit.

I’m for a “living” wage. But I’m against you and your liberal fascist government dictating what that wage is or must be or should be.

I am for healthcare. Health carelessness is bad. But I am against the government pretending that they have an ability to create a health care “system” (which doesn’t exist) and make it workable. We all know that resources are limited. That’s why doctors accept the notion of “triage.”

One of the underpinnings of your misbegotten belief in government guaranteed healthcare is the supposition that healthcare is a “right.” It isn’t not now and it never has been. It can never be at least with our current understanding of science and medicine.

For healthcare to be a “right,” somebody or somebodies must provide it. So, boil it down and you’re trying to tell doctors (etc) not only that they are obliged to take any and all patients who show up, but you’re also telling them how much they may earn. And that’s without regard to the fact that medical supplies (like Rx’s) don’t meet the demand. So, now the government is obliged to ration who gets what and when.

So you’re for all these things… you just are against any legislation that will bring them about.

Yea.. Republican

You cannot be FOR something and vote against it. Continually.

You’re not fooling anyone with this bullshit but yourself.

“…there’s no denying that Mrs. Pelosi has been an effective House leader, the most powerful Speaker in decades. Were Republicans paying attention? In last week’s elections, the GOP regained the House, but its new majority will be as small as Mrs. Pelosi’s current one. The narrow margin next year calls for a strong Speaker and Republican unity. If the GOP wants to convince the electorate to give it a real mandate in 2024, it needs to show it can govern.

Instead the old circular firing squad may be forming. This week Kevin McCarthy won a party vote to be nominated as Speaker, 188-31, but he needs 218 votes in January. Republicans also agreed to dilute the Speaker’s control over the Steering Committee that decides which lawmakers get assigned to which committees and who gets to be a chairman. This might be a necessary concession at the moment, but if a weak Speaker lacks the tools to pass needed bills, the result will be chaos and angry voters.

Speaker John Boehner resigned in 2015 amid a fight over whether Republicans should try to defund Planned Parenthood by passing a continuing resolution that would have died in the Senate or on President Obama’s desk. The GOP then held 247 seats. Mr. McCarthy’s majority will be 222 at most. That number was enough for Mrs. Pelosi to avoid pointless brinkmanship over the past two years and pass an ambitious agenda for Mr. Biden. Mr. McCarthy and Republicans could learn from the example.”

Odds are on the old circular firing squad.
good piece, and considering the media source it came from it has that refreshing feel/air of honesty about it.

It works in every other modern country, stupid whoops, brainwashed functional Moron. What doesn't work is this giveaway to the rich screw everybody else crap of the last 40 years. The only reason they ever win is because of total BS propaganda and the most gullible voters in the world. A living wage based on the goodness of the corporations? You're out of your mind. Health care is also a right in every civilized country. Which yours is not. Super duper

Last edited:

Forum List

Back