Name 3 Films with a Great Score or Soundtrack

^^^ To me, what I remember of the Sling Blade film music was depressing due to what is addressed in the actual film.

The first three films that came to my mind as far as music is O Brother Where Art Thou?, Forest Gump, and Coyote Ugly.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ To me, what I remember of the Sling Blade film music was depressing due to what is addressed in the actual film.

The first three films that came to my mind as far as music is O Brother Where Art Thou?, Forest Gump, and Coyote Ugly.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
O brother was a good one!

Surprised no one has mentioned the Bond films.

Today I watched a video about a passenger plane crash outside of Tokyo in 1966 (due to air turblence coming across Mt. Fuji, a teaching moment in aviation and turbulence) and two men were supposed to be on the flight but opted to stay in Tokyo a little longer. They would have never been around to make You Only Live Twice (1967) Diamonds Are Forever (1971) Live and Let Die ('73) and The Man With the Golden Gun ('74) Harry Saltzman and Albert Broccoli.

Those films were scored by John Barry

The difference between Score and Soundtrack is the former was written for the film, whereas the latter can be music from any period.

Music can elevate a film, it can make an ordinary film good, and an extraordinary film a classic. I chose three great films with an extraordinary score or soundtrack that elevated all three.

1) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

2) Braveheart

3) Rocky

Thief

To Live and Die in LA

Patton

Three Words: Andrew Lloyd Weber. No listing could be complete without including at least two of his works

Otherwise,

The Sound of Music
My Fair Lady
Star Wars

Forum List

Back