Nah nah-nah nah nah!!!

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
:funnyface:

I thought of something...

I was listening to my 5 year old say "Nah nah-nah nah nah nah! You can't catch me!"

I remember saying the same thing when I was 5 years old. I probably heard it from my friends. But I did not teach this to my son. I'm pretty sure that his daycare teacher did not teach him this. I don't think he saw it on TV.

So this means that he learned it from his peers, and that the saying "nah nah-nah nah nah" must be passed down through generations of 5 year olds.

Very interesting...

I was listening to my 5 year old say "Nah nah-nah nah nah nah! You can't catch me!"

I remember saying the same thing when I was 5 years old. I probably heard it from my friends. But I did not teach this to my son. I'm pretty sure that his daycare teacher did not teach him this. I don't think he saw it on TV.

So this means that he learned it from his peers, and that the saying "nah nah-nah nah nah" must be passed down through generations of 5 year olds.

Very interesting...

Same thing when they catch a peer or a sibling doing something wrong.

"Ah-WooWoo!!! I'm telling...."

Where the hell did "Ah-WooWoo" come from?

I admittedly taught my kids some of those little child colloquialisms.

I think I taught the girl "nanny nanny boo boo" and then it somehow progressed to nanny nanny poo poo face.

I think I taught the girl "nanny nanny boo boo" and then it somehow progressed to nanny nanny poo poo face.

Sort of like when I taught my son "Well fuck me!" when something is going wrong...and he turned it into "Well fuck my ass!".

Sort of like when I taught my son "Well fuck me!" when something is going wrong...and he turned it into "Well fuck my ass!".

Yeah, like that. :lol:

some study....done years ago...proved that a new saying or joke or songs with kids will spread world wide in less than 48 hours....

Opus - Life is Life. Na na nana

Probably Diego Maradonna won't say too much to you Americans, as you don't like soccer.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ2976_rR_s[/ame]

It's prevalent in books, on videos, in movies, and on television as well as overhearing us talk and they will mimic that and incorporate it into their own culture. More especially if it's really catchy and easy to say.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV0bqASKAY8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV0bqASKAY8[/ame]

You mean grown up's aren't supposed to say that anymore??? :redface: :D

Very interesting...
Aren't children totally fascinating and how early peer influence starts!

Ahahahahahahahaha, kids will say the darnest things!

some study....done years ago...proved that a new saying or joke or songs with kids will spread world wide in less than 48 hours....
I imagine so these days with the internet and all! Some ways this can be good and others, very bad, this is why misinformation spreads so quickly

Not being raised in an exactly saintly home, I believe the family when they report an incident from my early childhood. I don't remember it, but they say I was rattling the bars on my crib and shouting at the top of my lungs: "Got down it!!! Got down it!!!!

Doesn't take much imagination to interpret what I was repeating.

Forum List

Back