NAFTA Superhighway has Guiliani as key player

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
By Diane Grassi

On March 25, 2005, U.S. President George W. Bush, former Canadian Prime Minister, Paul Martin and former Mexican President, Vicente Fox, authorized the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP), now under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Commerce. Most Americans have little to no knowledge of this seemingly innocuous sounding unofficial treaty and therefore believe there is little reason to be alarmed.

Most interesting to the whole story is not only has Mr. Giuliani’s involvement in the NAFTA Superhighway not ever having been publicly addressed, but how a foreign company is awarded the building of a mass highway system, versus maintaining it, for the first time in U.S. history, and negotiated by the law firm of the top Republican candidate running for President of the United States. And truly disturbing is how such will not only have national and homeland security and sovereignty implications but how it is deliberately being kept away from the Halls of Congress.

Giuliani fancies himself as an expert on homeland security issues and a law enforcer. And he has amassed quite the portfolio since 2002, earning $20 million in that year alone, by selling himself as such. He owns Giuliani Partners, Giuliani Safety & Security and Giuliani Capital Advisors. In March 2007 he sold Giuliani Capital Advisors, a former Ernst & Young finance company he purchased in 2002, to Macquerie Infrastructure Consortium. Not coincidentally, it is a partner of Cintra’s in its shared operations of toll roads in both Indiana and Chicago, IL.

Bracewell & Giuliani represents some of the biggest multi-national oil, utility infrastructure and financial corporations both in the U.S. and abroad. With that have come the connections that Giuliani has been able to tap into for campaign donors, essential for his presidential bid, not only in Texas but nationwide, as he has become the consummate globalist. But more troubling than potential conflicts of interest as a public servant is his lack of compunction to secure U.S. borders and then planting himself squarely in the middle of one of the most controversial and historic highway system projects since the 1956 National Federal-Aid Highway Act.

Particularly unnerving, given Guiliani’s personal experience on 9-11, is his defense of open borders at any cost while condoning the NAFTA Superhighway Corridor and by extension the North American Union, without the purview or consent of the U.S. Congress or the will of the American people.

We should have seen it coming when Giuliani enacted Special Order 40 in 1994, during his tenure as Mayor of New York City, in ordering law enforcement officers to no longer check the legal status of suspects caught violating the law. We should have seen it coming when Rudolph Giuliani single-handedly decided that illegal aliens were not lawbreakers and also quit upholding the law. And unfortunately we now do see it coming. But sadly, he may now actually be handed the opportunity to no longer defend and abide by the U.S. Constitution of the United States of America.

http://www.michnews.com/artman/publish/article_16674.shtml

Excellent find, SE. This answers any lingering questions I might have had in regard to Rudy Gulliani. It also reinforces my long-held belief that conservative America has TWO domestic enemies: the American left, and what was once known as the Rockefeller Wing of the Republican Party (I now call it the Bush Wing; this family has earned the dubious distinction).

The latter are pure capitalists, who find America's freedoms a convenient launching pad for their cynical, rapacious schemes; a more insidious foe than even the left, as they can SOUND like conservatives whenever the situation demands it. It is their ACTIONS that betray them - as you have pointed out so well.

Excellent find, SE. This answers any lingering questions I might have had in regard to Rudy Gulliani. It also reinforces my long-held belief that conservative America has TWO domestic enemies: the American left, and what was once known as the Rockefeller Wing of the Republican Party (I now call it the Bush Wing; this family has earned the dubious distinction).

The latter are pure capitalists, who find America's freedoms a convenient launching pad for their cynical, rapacious schemes; a more insidious foe than even the left, as they can SOUND like conservatives whenever the situation demands it. It is their ACTIONS that betray them - as you have pointed out so well.

I think Mitt Rommney could use this issue to knock Guiliani out of the running if he played it right.

Forum List

Back