NAACP wants removal of Confederate generals from Stone Mountain

There is most definitely a race war in progress within our borders.

It was instigated on November 4, 2008 and has the full support and backing of the White House the NAACP the Liberal Media and a host of Hollywood elite and network talk show hosts.
tumblr_inline_nptk61mPgT1scualf_500.gif
And... this. :slap:
b2.gif
Sorry, I don't do guy cooties.

The Negro population in this country will forever be unsatisfied and unfulfilled.

The same can't be said of Mexicans, Germans, the Polish, the Italians, French, Spaniards, Russians, Chinese, Israelis, Croats, etc. etc. etc.

Whether a people were persecuted from within or from without our borders...

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Yearning to breathe free...

The Negro population has breathed free for decades now. Just as other nationalities have breathed free for generations in this country.

Yet it is only the African-American who consistently and vehemently shouts "racism, justice, freedom, equality".

And they will continue to do so in perpetuity...

What a waste that organization has become

Nothing but race hustling Agitators is all they've become and it's for the Progressive/dem party

They are going to blow up ol Stony?

But what about the laser shows?

Damn Yankees want to destroy Georgia's oldest big screen TV!!
You wait!!! The South will Laser Show, Again!!

They are no better than Al Qaeda, ISIS,
People in this country better WAKE UP

Obama only has little time left to bring us into full blown Chaos. as if this deal with Iran isn't enough

I was not aware of this Confederacy carving. The thing is three acres in size :eek:

Interesting history, especially the timing:

In 1912 the carving existed only in the imagination of Mrs. C. Helen Plane, charter member of the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC). The Venable family, owners of the mountain, deeded the north face of the mountain to the UDC in 1916. The UDC was given 12 years to complete a sizable Civil War monument.

Three sculptors worked on the carving during its creation. Gutzon Borglum was hired in 1915 as the carving consultant, and in 1916 he was appointed carving sculptor by the Stone Mountain Monumental Association
---- Stone Mountain Park

Interesting because that era, the early 20th century and especially the decade of the 1910s, was the most racially explosive era in our nation's history, and it was in 1915, just as this idea was getting started, that William J. Simmons took some disciples and a fiery cross up that mountain to found the second incarnation of the Ku Klux Klan, which had been extinct for about 35 years, after watching the movie "Birth of a Nation". That version of the Klan was the one we heard the most about, and by far the largest one.

After that one petered out with World War Two, a doctor named Samuel Green went up there and revived it again, although the Green version didn't take off like the Simmons one. Happily, Green keeled over and died five years later.

The place has quite the history. I wonder if they have any Klan history displayed. Maybe what they need is a counterbalancing exhibit on civil rights and the costs of some of the past history.
A literal display of the Fairness Doctrine?

Lets get down and dirty with the NAACP. sign up and Remove this Democrat off our building and roads

SNIP:

The late Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV) was a member of the Ku Klux Klan and led the filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act
Remove name of the late Senator, Ku Klux Klan member Robert Byrd from the public space, road ways

photo_958.jpg
By Nadra Enzi -- Bio and Archives July 15, 2015

Sign Petition

Petitioning West Virginia Governor

To remove the name of the late Senator and Ku Klux Klan member Robert Byrd from the public space, road ways and government buildings (including schools).

The late Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV) was a member of the Ku Klux Klan and led the filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act

ALL of it here:
Remove name of the late Senator Ku Klux Klan member Robert Byrd from the public space road ways

Last edited:
Guess I will take a two hour ride to Atlanta this weekend to see stone mountain for the last time...

Before they sand blasted off, but I refuse to take that stupid ass lame train ride around it again

I am betting the request by a single independent chapter of the NAACP won't get much traction. If the description and explanation for the monument is done in a tasteful and accurate way, it should not be a big problem.

Forum List

Back