N.Y. Town's Mayor Charged in Gay Weddings

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! NOT IN MY BACKYARD, QUEERS!!! CIRCUMVENT THE LAW AND YOU ARE A CRIMINAL!! BRAVO, NEW YORK!!!

NEW PALTZ, N.Y. - The village's mayor was charged Tuesday with 19 criminal counts for performing marriage ceremonies for gay couples.

Jason West was charged with solemnizing marriages without a license, a misdemeanor under the domestic relations law, according to Ulster County District Attorney Donald Williams. Although West could face a maximum penalty of a year in jail, Williams said a jail term wasn't being contemplated at this point.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm.../20040302/ap_on_re_us/gay_marriage_new_york_4

I agree its about time. The people in California should serious consider voting their attorney general out of office for his refusal to uphold the law.

You bunch of ignorant pompous asswipes. Gays are Americans just like all of us. Why should WE be so high and mighty that we can discriminate against their choice? If they love someone enough and choose to show that through a lifetime commitment to their partner then they should have the same rights we do. Church and state are supposed to be seperated. Only in the bible does it say being gay is a sin. So what right does the damn goverment have to tell you how you should love?

You bunch of ignorant pompous asswipes.

Well, somebody wasn't using lube. [fair potshot] But honestly, it's a free country, and frankly you're blasting in here posting on a board where a lot of people don't agree with your sentiments. You're not using free speech in a very constructive manner.

With the original thread, I think it is good that this man is getting charged. I strongly believe in the separations of power that hold our government in check, and clearly he was erring. From the moment of this whole gay wedding thing that has been my major objection to it. If any kind of change in law should come about, it should be brought forth through the people.

Lumping in being against gay marriage with thinking homosexuality is a sin is probably more than half of your problem. You probably even assume no one who is gay has a problem with gay marriage. I don't have a problem with gays living their lives openly and freely. I do think the current gay marriage effort is wrong for a number of reasons.

"You bunch of ignorant pompous asswipes. Gays are Americans just like all of us. Why should WE be so high and mighty that we can discriminate against their choice?"

And when did they become so high and mighty that they can violate the law without consequence and force Americans to accept a position americans have voted against in DIRECT elections. Since when is the will of the people overthrown by the will of the few?

"If they love someone enough and choose to show that through a lifetime commitment to their partner then they should have the same rights we do."

Fine if they want to commit to each other, thats their business. But when they try to redefine marriage. destroy the fundamental building blocks of society and an essential institution for the proper creation and raising of children they shouldnt be surprised when people stand up for them. They arent talking about tolerance and equal rights, They have the same rights as anyone else concerning marriage, they can marry anyone of the opposite sex that isnt a close relative. To demand more rights than everyone else, and then try to enforce them by circumventing the Constitution is wrong.

"Church and state are supposed to be seperated. Only in the bible does it say being gay is a sin. So what right does the damn goverment have to tell you how you should love?"

Government isnt telling anyone who they should love! And protecting marriage is not somehow giving establishing a state Church. Where you seem to be getting this concept is beyond me. Marriage is an institution that trascends religions. Almost every single culture has marriage. Marriage has existed before Christ was on the earth and will continue to exist long after He returns. Marriage has one purpose. To procreate and raise children. This is a right that government can not ever give gays.

The government can not permit gay marriage any more than it can create four sided trianges, feathered mammals, or any other oxymorons.

You bunch of ignorant pompous asswipes.

Wow, what an entrance! I'm guessing you're a fudgepacker.

Gays are Americans just like all of us.

So are serial killers and child molestors.

Why should WE be so high and mighty that we can discriminate against their choice?

Am I allowed to marry another man? Can I marry a dog? Can I marry my son or daughter? NO I CAN'T! Sounds like we all have the same rights to me.

If they love someone enough and choose to show that through a lifetime commitment to their partner then they should have the same rights we do.

And what if a father wants to show a lifetime commitment to his daughter? Or someone wants to show a lifetime commitment to their dog? And again, THEY DO have the same rights as we do, no more and no less, THE EXACT SAME RIGHTS.

Church and state are supposed to be seperated.

So the queers should fight to have them completely separated instead of shoving their filthy lifestyle down the throats of those who still think marriage is a sacred institution between a man and a woman.

Only in the bible does it say being gay is a sin.

It doesn't state anywhere at all that it's a sin to fuck the door handle of a car, does that make it ok?

So what right does the damn goverment have to tell you how you should love?

Nobody said the faggots couldn't love one another. They can get the same desired results through civil unions. They would rather push their sick and twisted ways on America. Too bad it's backfiring! Anti-gay sentiment has been slowly rising since the queers started their ridiculous fight.

Well, best of luck to you. It must be tough to come out of the closet to so much backlash. :laugh:

Now he's flaunting the law even further. I hope this little prick spends time behind bars. Why can't these nimrods go about their business legally in the courts? Is this what we have to look forward to by giving queers additional rights? What other laws will be flaunted next?

N.Y. Town's Mayor Continuing Gay Weddings

NEW PALTZ, N.Y. - New Paltz's mayor vowed to go ahead with up to two dozen same-sex weddings this weekend, despite being charged with 19 criminal counts and possibly facing jail time for marrying gay couples.

Meanwhile, a crowd of gay couples was expected to go to the county administration building in Portland, Ore. Wednesday after a county commissioner there said she would begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

New Paltz Mayor Jason West insisted Wednesday that it was New York's Health Department that was breaking the law by refusing to give marriage licenses to same-sex couples. "Our state constitution requires equal protection for all New Yorkers," he said on NBC's "Today Show."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040303/ap_on_re_us/gay_marriage&cid=519&ncid=716

How the hell does a county commissioner have the authority to marry queers? Whats next my neighbor is gonna decide he wants to marry some fruitcakes, so he prints out some marriage licenses on his pc and performs the ceremony in front of his house? Where does this end? I'll tell you, the Senate today is starting the gay marriage amendment process. HALLELUJAH!

as quoted from jimnyc,"Now he's flaunting the law even further. I hope this little prick spends time behind bars.

I couldnt agree more..only when he is sent to prison, make it a womans prison...I dont want him to enjoy his stay!!!

Originally posted by RavenMaster
You bunch of ignorant pompous asswipes. Gays are Americans just like all of us. Why should WE be so high and mighty that we can discriminate against their choice? If they love someone enough and choose to show that through a lifetime commitment to their partner then they should have the same rights we do. Church and state are supposed to be seperated. Only in the bible does it say being gay is a sin. So what right does the damn goverment have to tell you how you should love?

thank you

As i've stated before, i've got alot of my buds that I love and would die for, doesn't mean I want to dip my wick in their shitpit or have them polish my knob. You see that its a perversion as much as pedophilia or incest right? That man was not meant to be with man and woman with woman in the manner that marriage provides right? Check the parts and see if they match up if you don't believe me.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Do you want to blow him? :suck:

why are you mean to everyone you disagree with? are you insecure with yourself? Do you want to show off so people will like you?

Originally posted by deciophobic
why are you mean to everyone you disagree with? are you insecure with yourself? Do you want to show off so people will like you?

I'm mean? Are you going to cry?

Grow up and get some thicker skin, fruity ass!

Forum List

Back