N. Korea fires on S. Korea - It was a clear provocation!!

This is what we get for not finishing up the job the first time with North Korea. It's sort of like that Iraq thing... Sound familiar?

This is what we get for not finishing up the job the first time with North Korea. It's sort of like that Iraq thing... Sound familiar?

If by that you mean we left Iraq divided for 50 years while the southern part became prosperous, and the north a communist dictatorship, then yes. And the parallels don't end there; Iraq: Homogenous ethnicity. Korea: Homogenous ethnicity....
:lol:

Don't ya'll libruls hurt a hair on nary a North Korean's head ya hear? I'm sure they done this cause South Korea has raped their women and pillaged their villages and squandered all of their resources. Now the way libruls see it NK is well validated in it's complaints and if you don't think so you're a racist.

Make em some mo tea libruls.
:eusa_eh:

:cuckoo:

take your meds, willow

The possibility of war breaking out there is some scary ass shit. And don't make believe for one fucking second that China won't match our moves if it does break out. The last thing we want is to see is a war with a country that is backed by a military superpower with ICBM's trained at our cities.

But Rightwinger made a great point. This won't amount to much. The north does not have the capabilities to fight a sustained conflict without outside support.

China has ICBM's aimed at us, thank you Bill Clinton and the Democrats.

Bill Clinton gave China ICBMs???

i thought he just gave them the internet

:eusa_think:

There's nothing for us or him to do.

Unless NK invades SK we have to sit and hope for the best. Even the SK Pres said to use restaint.

It is easy for Americans to puff up their chests and scream Invade! Bomb the shit out of them!

But it is the South Koreans who will do the fighting and dying. They have dealt with these provocations from the north for decades and they know what the appropriate response should be.

Then why pray tell are we even over there?
because you're an america-hating leftist nazi who wants us to turn and run and let the communists win

The leadershup of N Korea is desperate.

They need a war to continue to rationalize their own military authoritarian state.

North Korea cannot afford a full scale war that lasts more than a couple of days. They do not have the international credit to pay for fuel, food, ammunition and other logistics support required for a sustained war.

They will do what they always do....lob a few shells and then declare victory

However, it has been pretty well known in the military community that if N. Korea starts something, it will most likely be in the winter when the ground is frozen...they have one of the biggest tank armies in the world and need that solid ground.

So, the question is....is the ground frozen yet?

Tanks need fuel and fuel costs money. They also need supply lines to carry that fuel. Without command of the airspace, their tanks would be sitting ducks

So will tens of thousands of US soldiers (and families). Are you so stupid you don't even realize the relationship between the US and South Korea?

The Chickenshits (Obama and his followers) have already made the decision for South Korea -- do nothing. Write a statement saying we "condemn" the action and will do something about it if you "do more".

Unless you have first hand knowledge of the rage of war, shut your cake hole on demanding that we go to war over this.

In case none of you have noticed. NK has not killed 1 US citizen or soldier in these attacks. They have shot at each other across the boarder, and a few have died.

But war? All out war?

You have to be dumb as dirt to give NK the excuse and reason for lauching thier nukes.

Think about the scale of this. If we back SK and war with NK, China will back NK and Japan will back us or SK, that will possibly bring in Russia.

That's 3 super powers killing each other over fucking Korea.

Some people were murdered, and that is a tragedy, but lets not use that as a reason to get billions killed.

When did I ever call for all out war?

Some kind of retaliation should happen, to teach these thugs they can't just kill people and get away with it.

China is not going to go to war with us again over NK. They are too economically attached to the US now.
NK is a thorn in their side and they will not want to deal with the tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of refugees that will flee to their country.

South Korea will deliver a proportional response. Right now two soldiers are dead. Responding with an invasion will result in thousands of American dead and hundreds of thousand Korean dead.

:eusa_think:

There's nothing for us or him to do.

Unless NK invades SK we have to sit and hope for the best. Even the SK Pres said to use restaint.

It is easy for Americans to puff up their chests and scream Invade! Bomb the shit out of them!

But it is the South Koreans who will do the fighting and dying. They have dealt with these provocations from the north for decades and they know what the appropriate response should be.

Militarily (if it comes to that) a lot more can be done than invade! Moving our aircraft carriers and battleships into position (even provoking attacks). Hitting their nuclear capabilities.

How? We don't know what or where they are. We didn't know about the refinery they just rubbed our noses in until they decided to show it to us.
Taking out their military capabilities. Then allowing South Korea to invade and unify Korea under a capitalistic, democratic and 1st world industrialized nation!

I have this strange case of deja vu like we've lost this war before...

The possibility of war breaking out there is some scary ass shit. And don't make believe for one fucking second that China won't match our moves if it does break out. The last thing we want is to see is a war with a country that is backed by a military superpower with ICBM's trained at our cities.

But Rightwinger made a great point. This won't amount to much. The north does not have the capabilities to fight a sustained conflict without outside support.

China has ICBM's aimed at us, thank you Bill Clinton and the Democrats.

Bill Clinton gave China ICBMs???

i thought he just gave them the internet

Don't forget Walmart, McDonalds & KFC

Militarily (if it comes to that) a lot more can be done than invade! Moving our aircraft carriers and battleships into position (even provoking attacks). Hitting their nuclear capabilities.

How? We don't know what or where they are. We didn't know about the refinery they just rubbed our noses in until they decided to show it to us.
Taking out their military capabilities. Then allowing South Korea to invade and unify Korea under a capitalistic, democratic and 1st world industrialized nation!

Really we lost? so what are those American troops doing in South Korea if the US lost the Korean war?sampling the local cuisine?

Nice to see the libtards coming out and defending Obama's non-response to this. NK has already sunk a South Korean sub, and learned then it could attack the South anytime it wants and there will be no retaliation. This is an act of war, just as much as invading the south would be.

To suggest that South Korea can "handle it" on their own and they can decide if they want to attack the North is idiotic. The US has been there with the South since after WWII, they aren't going to make any moves without Obama's input. The South has already stated it will retaliate if there are "further attacks" which means they won't do jack shit about this one.

This is what happens when we have a spineless lib as Prez.

we should be mobilizing.

mobilizing... what forces? How many nations do we still have troops stationed in from WW2? What about Iraq and Afghanistan? (Thank you, Mr Bush)

How many fucking nations can we fight in at once? Fighting on too many fronts is how Germany lost WWII.

And now, with us in a religious crusade against Islam and tied down in Iraq and Afghanistan, Israel-Palestine and the surrounding nations at risk of popping off (especially if Israel's Western allies don't have any troops or materiel to spare), Iran posed to do who-the-fuck-knows, a civil war being waged in Mexico between the cartels with their government puppets and those who want to break their hold- not to mention the Zapatistas and other groups...

Can we really afford to go rushing headfirst into another war? Things are precarious as-is right now.

Jesus Christ, have you people never read a history book? Change the names and a few flags and we're watching a fucking rerun on the History Channel.

WE'VE LOST THIS WAR BEFORE!

I guess the north shouldn't have invaded the south then. You know, that whole actions having consequences thing.
The North Koreans "invaded" in response to a US occupation that was killing thousands of Koreans who wanted the Americans to go the hell home.

The fact you're too brainwashed to know your own history is the only bull I see.

What? so American invaded Korea and started the war? I thought America didn't get involved until North Korea invaded South Korea?
It's my understanding at the end of WWII the US maintained a presence in South Korea after evicting the Japanese. In the North, Koreans who collaborated with the occupation were being hunted and killed.

In the South collaborators were being absorbed into police and militay agencies.

There was a strong pro-democracy movement in the South that wanted all foreigners out.

Between 1945 and 1950 tensions gradually escalated until "North" Korea invaded.

I'm at work right now and unable to provide links.

I will do so when I get off; however, most links on this are on the Left wing sites i.e., CounterPunch>Search>Korean War, and many on this board reflexively ignore anything from such sources.

Really we lost? so what are those American troops doing in South Korea if the US lost the Korean war?sampling the local cuisine?

Yes, we lost. In case you forgot, the aim of the war was to defeat the neocommunists in NK, supported by China. We barely managed to reach a standstill after marching back and forth up and down the region. What are we doing now? Trying to hold onto what we managed to save the last time.

Short of an actual invasion of the South, we should be doing everything in our power to avoid an all out war. If war were to break out it could easily turn into a nuclear WW3. All this talk about a military responce to this shelling is fucking stupid.

This is Obama's 3am call. I bet he slept throught it!!!

Why should this Obama's problem? Are they attacking us?

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need to help allies. But the idea that we should go to war anytime someone attacks and ally is bothersome. Even if we have traditionally helped them for years.

That's how world wars get started... entangling alliances...

Jefferson made a comment about that, once

3,000,000 North Koreans died from direct and indirect effects of US bombs during the Korean "War".

Approximately one out of every three men, women and children in North Korea at the time.

And South Korea was left with a dictator who spent the entire Japanese occupation of Korea living safely in New Jersey.

Does that make you proud of your country?

I guess the north shouldn't have invaded the south then. You know, that whole actions having consequences thing.
The North Koreans "invaded" in response to a US occupation that was killing thousands of Koreans who wanted the Americans to go the hell home.

The fact you're too brainwashed to know your own history is the only bull I see.

What nonsense. The north invaded in an attempt to reunify the peninsula under communist rule. They failed and millions of Koreans died as a result. As far as your attempt to blame the US "occupation", we had virtually no troops in Korea at the time the north invaded. Most had been withdrawn the year before.

I wonder whether there might be a substantial pro-democracy resistance in NK that we could train behind the scenes to destabilize the regime and foster a discontent that could later fuel something like the (relatively) bloodless anti-totalitarian revolutions that evil jewish puppetmaster George Soros saw carried out in the Ukraine, Georgia, and the Czech Republic...

This is Obama's 3am call. I bet he slept throught it!!!

Why should this Obama's problem? Are they attacking us?

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need to help allies. But the idea that we should go to war anytime someone attacks and ally is bothersome. Even if we have traditionally helped them for years.

That's how world wars get started... entangling alliances...

Jefferson made a comment about that, once

As did Washington.

What? so American invaded Korea and started the war? I thought America didn't get involved until North Korea invaded South Korea?
It's my understanding at the end of WWII the US maintained a presence in South Korea after evicting the Japanese. In the North, Koreans who collaborated with the occupation were being hunted and killed.

In the South collaborators were being absorbed into police and militay agencies.

There was a strong pro-democracy movement in the South that wanted all foreigners out.

Between 1945 and 1950 tensions gradually escalated until "North" Korea invaded.

I'm at work right now and unable to provide links.

I will do so when I get off; however, most links on this are on the Left wing sites i.e., CounterPunch>Search>Korean War, and many on this board reflexively ignore anything from such sources.

In case you havn't noticed, nobody gives a fuck about your mental queefs you commie sympathizing fuck tard.

South Korea will do the fighting and dying in this fight. Their cities can be hit by artillery and it is their citizens who will suffer.

Chickenhaws in the US should not be making this decision for them

So will tens of thousands of US soldiers (and families). Are you so stupid you don't even realize the relationship between the US and South Korea?

The Chickenshits (Obama and his followers) have already made the decision for South Korea -- do nothing. Write a statement saying we "condemn" the action and will do something about it if you "do more".

Unless you have first hand knowledge of the rage of war, shut your cake hole on demanding that we go to war over this.

In case none of you have noticed. NK has not killed 1 US citizen or soldier in these attacks. They have shot at each other across the boarder, and a few have died.

But war? All out war?

You have to be dumb as dirt to give NK the excuse and reason for lauching thier nukes.

Think about the scale of this. If we back SK and war with NK, China will back NK and Japan will back us or SK, that will possibly bring in Russia.

That's 3 super powers killing each other over fucking Korea.

Déjà vu (French pronunciation: [deʒa vy] ( listen), meaning "already seen") is the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation...

Forum List

Back