N.A.A.W.P. Hate Group?

Merlin

Jul 5, 2004
Ponchatoula, La.
I wouldn't support this group, but just curious why someone would call the N.A.A.W.P. a hate group and call the N.A.A.C.P. the best thing since sliced bread. They both are offensive to me, and if one is a hate group, the other surly is also. Why do we let this double standard go on in the Unites States Of America?

http://www.local6.com/education/4180597/detail.html

Students Discover School Logo Matches Hate Group Symbol
District Is Removing Logo From Equipment, Signs

POSTED: 12:41 pm EST February 9, 2005
UPDATED: 1:00 pm EST February 9, 2005

BRUNSWICK, N.Y. -- An upstate New York school district is busy changing its logo after students discovered the design was also being used by a well-known hate group.

The Brittonkill school district just outside of Troy has several versions of its Bengal tiger logo. One of them, used by the district's high school, is also the symbol for the National Association for the Advancement of White People.

The racist group's logo was spotted by some students researching hate crimes for a class assignment.

School officials said the logo appears to be a generic image widely available in publications and online.

They're removing the offending tiger logo from school publications, signs and equipment.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Merlin said:
I wouldn't support this group, but just curious why someone would call the N.A.A.W.P. a hate group and call the N.A.A.C.P. the best thing since sliced bread. They both are offensive to me, and if one is a hate group, the other surly is also. Why do we let this double standard go on in the Unites States Of America?

http://www.local6.com/education/4180597/detail.html

Students Discover School Logo Matches Hate Group Symbol
District Is Removing Logo From Equipment, Signs

POSTED: 12:41 pm EST February 9, 2005
UPDATED: 1:00 pm EST February 9, 2005

BRUNSWICK, N.Y. -- An upstate New York school district is busy changing its logo after students discovered the design was also being used by a well-known hate group.

The Brittonkill school district just outside of Troy has several versions of its Bengal tiger logo. One of them, used by the district's high school, is also the symbol for the National Association for the Advancement of White People.

The racist group's logo was spotted by some students researching hate crimes for a class assignment.

School officials said the logo appears to be a generic image widely available in publications and online.

They're removing the offending tiger logo from school publications, signs and equipment.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

no, if they have one they need the other.

It could be that the NAAWP is committing crimes aimed at blacks (vandalism, assault, etc.). The NAACP only lobbies politicians for more favorable handouts from the government.

gop_jeff said:
It could be that the NAAWP is committing crimes aimed at blacks (vandalism, assault, etc.). The NAACP only lobbies politicians for more favorable handouts from the government.
i guess it depends on who labled them. im sure no crimes have ever been commited in the name of the naacp before :rolleyes:

I agree that the NAACP is an evil corporation, but I think this NAAWP is a little more... skewed in their views, I guess.

From their website...

the problems that we know need to be addressed, and brought to light, e.g., Affirmative Action, white Christian and family values, education, minority hate crimes on whites, minorities in high placed government positions which adversely affect and discriminate against whites, immigration slanted heavily on minority influxes to our nation, and so many more issues that affect the future of you and your family's ability to prosper in this great nation.

They seem to be a vaguely masked white supremacy group. Again, I could be wrong, but it's also possible that the author of this article just went to the site and saw that and made their decision.

Anyway, this group seems to be based on paranoia. I mean, let's face it, white people have it pretty good and have had it pretty good for a long time, I don't think we need a group to fight for our rights. And don't get me wrong, I don't think black people need a group like the NAACP, either.

Dan said:
I agree that the NAACP is an evil corporation, but I think this NAAWP is a little more... skewed in their views, I guess.

From their website...

They seem to be a vaguely masked white supremacy group. Again, I could be wrong, but it's also possible that the author of this article just went to the site and saw that and made their decision.

Anyway, this group seems to be based on paranoia. I mean, let's face it, white people have it pretty good and have had it pretty good for a long time, I don't think we need a group to fight for our rights. And don't get me wrong, I don't think black people need a group like the NAACP, either.

its jsut like straight pride day. nothing more. someone see something that says white and thats it, its racist

Forum List

Back