Myths and facts about Jerusalem and Temple Mount

Maryland -*

It's safe to assume everyone on this board is FAR more familiar with the work of everyones favourite Holocaust-denier than you are.

In fact - I bet you didn't even know he was a Holocaust denier, did you?!

He is actually a very good historian - though somewhat one-eyed. I have read a couple of his books, and enjoyed them, but he is not a one-stop shop. And particularly not for someone such as yourself who comes into this with extremely little knowledge of the area and history.

FYI
*Lewis did not want the ARMENIAN GENOCIDE to be compared to the
Holocaust of the Jews. His commentary on the Armenian genocide was controversial and some may have called him a Holocaust denier, but it was ONLY in reference to the murder of Armenians.

You have no idea WTF you're talking about so I'll instruct you: Dr. Lewis does not deny the deaths of Armenians under Turkish rule. *His view is that the Turks did not intentionally commit genocide.

Now, you know

My post about Lewis is completely accurate. I did not say Lewis denied the deaths of Armenians, but he considered them as a result of war, not a genocide.
He was tried and fined in France for his position on the Armenian Genocide. He*considered a comparison of the Armenian deaths with the Holocaust of the Jews to be absurd.*

Statement of Professor Bernard Lewis
Princeton University
Distinguishing Armenian Case from Holocaust
April 14, 2002
C-SPAN2
bookstv.org: The Leading TV Book Site on the Net
Question: “The British press reported in 1997 that your views on the killing of one million
Armenians by the Turks in 1915 did not amount to genocide and in this report in the Independentof London, says that a French court fined you one frank in damages after you said there was no*genocide. This obviously triggered a debate in Israel where this quoted article (Moderator cuts
in and asks him to ask his question as their running out of time). My question is, sir, have your*views changed on this whether the killing of one million Armenians amounts to genocide and*your views on this judgment?”
Bernard Lewis responds: “This is a question of definition and nowadays the word "genocide"
is used very loosely even in cases where no bloodshed is involved at all and I can understand the*annoyance of those who feel refused. But in this particular case, the point that was being made*was that the massacre of the Armenians in the Ottoman Empire was the same as what happened*to Jews in Nazi Germany and that is a downright falsehood. What happened to the Armenians*was the result of a massive Armenian armed rebellion against the Turks, which began even*before war broke out, and continued on a larger scale.
Great numbers of Armenians, including members of the armed forces, deserted, crossed the*frontier and joined the Russian forces invading Turkey. Armenian rebels actually seized the city*of Van and held it for a while intending to hand it over to the invaders. There was guerilla*warfare all over Anatolia. And it is what we nowadays call the National Movement of Armenians*Against Turkey. The Turks certainly resorted to very ferocious methods in repelling it.
There is clear evidence of a decision by the Turkish Government, to deport the Armenian
population from the sensitive areas. Which meant naturally the whole of Anatolia. Not including*the Arab provinces which were then still part of the Ottoman Empire. There is no evidence of a*decision to massacre. On the contrary, there is considerable evidence of attempt to prevent it,*which were not very successful. Yes there were tremendous massacres, the numbers are very uncertain but a million may well be likely.
The massacres were carried out by irregulars, by local villagers responding to what had been done to them and in number of other ways. But to make this, a parallel with the holocaust in Germany, you would have to assume the Jews of Germany had been engaged in an armed rebellion against the German state, collaborating with the allies against Germany. That in the*deportation order the cities of Hamburg and Berlin were exempted, persons in the employment*of state were exempted, and the deportation only applied to the Jews of Germany proper, so that*when they got to Poland they were welcomed and sheltered by the Polish Jews. This seems to me a rather absurd parallel.”

Maryland -

It's safe to assume everyone on this board is FAR more familiar with the work of everyones favourite Holocaust-denier than you are.

In fact - I bet you didn't even know he was a Holocaust denier, did you?!

He is actually a very good historian - though somewhat one-eyed. I have read a couple of his books, and enjoyed them, but he is not a one-stop shop. And particularly not for someone such as yourself who comes into this with extremely little knowledge of the area and history.

FYI
Lewis did not want the ARMENIAN GENOCIDE to be compared to the Holocaust of the Jews. His commentary on the Armenian genocide was controversial and some may have called him a Holocaust denier, but it was ONLY in reference to the murder of Armenians.
As usual Saigooon only gets half the info right.

I attended the deathbed of an elderly woman who had---as a child--survived
the armenian genocide. The person who briefed me in the case asked me..
do you know about that ARMENIAN GENOCIDE? I answered "yes"---
because I did. He seemed a bit surprised. For the sake of that now
dead elderly lady----I RESENT Bernard Lewis's statement suggesting
that the genocide which took that woman's ENTIRE family----
is an ARMENIAN FANTASY-----it happened just as the german genocide
happened and just as the genocide of the biafrans happened and just
as the genocide in east pakistan happened and just as scores of other
genocides happened------including the present ongoing genocide in syria.

Bernard Lewis was the first Westerner permitted to review the Ottoman archives after WW I so he probably is more knowledgeable than others posting on a messageboard. Just a guess.

FYI
*Lewis did not want the ARMENIAN GENOCIDE to be compared to the
Holocaust of the Jews. His commentary on the Armenian genocide was controversial and some may have called him a Holocaust denier, but it was ONLY in reference to the murder of Armenians.

You have no idea WTF you're talking about so I'll instruct you: Dr. Lewis does not deny the deaths of Armenians under Turkish rule. *His view is that the Turks did not intentionally commit genocide.

Now, you know

My post about Lewis is completely accurate. I did not say Lewis denied the deaths of Armenians, but he considered them as a result of war, not a genocide.
He was tried and fined in France for his position on the Armenian Genocide. He*considered a comparison of the Armenian deaths with the Holocaust of the Jews to be absurd.*

Statement of Professor Bernard Lewis
Princeton University
Distinguishing Armenian Case from Holocaust
April 14, 2002
C-SPAN2
bookstv.org: The Leading TV Book Site on the Net
Question: “The British press reported in 1997 that your views on the killing of one million
Armenians by the Turks in 1915 did not amount to genocide and in this report in the Independentof London, says that a French court fined you one frank in damages after you said there was no*genocide. This obviously triggered a debate in Israel where this quoted article (Moderator cuts
in and asks him to ask his question as their running out of time). My question is, sir, have your*views changed on this whether the killing of one million Armenians amounts to genocide and*your views on this judgment?”
Bernard Lewis responds: “This is a question of definition and nowadays the word "genocide"
is used very loosely even in cases where no bloodshed is involved at all and I can understand the*annoyance of those who feel refused. But in this particular case, the point that was being made*was that the massacre of the Armenians in the Ottoman Empire was the same as what happened*to Jews in Nazi Germany and that is a downright falsehood. What happened to the Armenians*was the result of a massive Armenian armed rebellion against the Turks, which began even*before war broke out, and continued on a larger scale.
Great numbers of Armenians, including members of the armed forces, deserted, crossed the*frontier and joined the Russian forces invading Turkey. Armenian rebels actually seized the city*of Van and held it for a while intending to hand it over to the invaders. There was guerilla*warfare all over Anatolia. And it is what we nowadays call the National Movement of Armenians*Against Turkey. The Turks certainly resorted to very ferocious methods in repelling it.
There is clear evidence of a decision by the Turkish Government, to deport the Armenian
population from the sensitive areas. Which meant naturally the whole of Anatolia. Not including*the Arab provinces which were then still part of the Ottoman Empire. There is no evidence of a*decision to massacre. On the contrary, there is considerable evidence of attempt to prevent it,*which were not very successful. Yes there were tremendous massacres, the numbers are very uncertain but a million may well be likely.
The massacres were carried out by irregulars, by local villagers responding to what had been done to them and in number of other ways. But to make this, a parallel with the holocaust in Germany, you would have to assume the Jews of Germany had been engaged in an armed rebellion against the German state, collaborating with the allies against Germany. That in the*deportation order the cities of Hamburg and Berlin were exempted, persons in the employment*of state were exempted, and the deportation only applied to the Jews of Germany proper, so that*when they got to Poland they were welcomed and sheltered by the Polish Jews. This seems to me a rather absurd parallel.”
I agree with Lewis on this. To compare what the Turks did on the same level as the Holocaust is a stretch. Two nations were at war, and the Turks won, but that wasn't enough, so the Turks started committing genocide on the Armenians. A genocide did occur. But on the same level as the Nazis who built concentration camps and ovens and gas chambers? No. However that doesn't make Lewis a "Holocaust denier" as falsely represented by Saigooon.

I attended the deathbed of an elderly woman who had---as a child--survived
the armenian genocide. The person who briefed me in the case asked me..
do you know about that ARMENIAN GENOCIDE? I answered "yes"---
because I did. He seemed a bit surprised. For the sake of that now
dead elderly lady----I RESENT Bernard Lewis's statement suggesting
that the genocide which took that woman's ENTIRE family----
is an ARMENIAN FANTASY-----it happened just as the german genocide
happened and just as the genocide of the biafrans happened and just
as the genocide in east pakistan happened and just as scores of other
genocides happened------including the present ongoing genocide in syria.

Bernard Lewis was the first Westerner permitted to review the Ottoman archives after WW I so he probably is more knowledgeable than others posting on a messageboard. Just a guess.

Deathbed statements are the MOST KNOWLEDGABLE----my patient
saw her entire family slaughtered Even in law---deathbed state-
ments are sacrosanct. She has no reason to try to convince me

Just like the Arabs changed the name of Judeah and Samaria after 3000 years to "West Bank". Is it still Judeah and Samaria or not?

Yes, of course it is. To Israelis.

You call my country 'Finland'. I don't call it that.
Suomi - Finland / Soviet Finland

Soumi only Hoss although the Ruskies did harvest some of the Finns land after WW2

Finns are NOT fond of Russia,Soviet Union or CCCP.

Trust you are well Matey.....steve:cool:

for maryland---while the moniker---PALESTINE---
was avoided for OFFICIAL PURPOSES by the
jews living there----the statement that jews
avoided it completely is untrue----it shows up
in old books ---in both hebrew and yiddish---
laboriously spelled out since it is a foreign word
to both languages ----my take on Yiddish is that
I sometimes try to work out the words ----
thru my less than complete knowlege of hebrew.

---I found the word PALESTINIAN on old signs
---in ruins in New York City from the early 1900s.
ZIONIST SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS. I also found
the word PALESTINIAN in reference to jews living
over there-----in OLD BOOKS---on the shelves of
synagogue libraries (in english) of course for
FORMAL USE---the term is eretz yisrael
During mandate days---the official papers
of jews were stamped "PALESTINIAN"----
the official papers of non jews WERE NOT---
Hubby still has his----his country of origin
is not noted----just PALESTINIAN---he
came an instant PALESTINIAN at age one
only because he is a jew

arabs were stamped out either as 'syrian' or
I belive--sometimes "arab"-----never
"palestinian" in mandate days

OLD BOOKS being the operative WORD HERE Rosie:eusa_whistle:

The British first called south Syria/Israel "Palestine" after collapse of the Ottoman Empire in World War I.

No, genius - they did not.

The LEAGUE OF NATIONS did.

You know - any fifteen-year old high school student in this country knows this stuff. Why don't you?

I AGREE the sense of stupidity at times on here is really something to BEHOLD,keep kicking ass.......... Sai:clap2::clap2::clap2:

only because he is a jew

right---written published records---not the hallucinations of a rapist
pig in a bat feces encrusted cave

only because he is a jew

right---written published records---not the hallucinations of a rapist
pig in a bat feces encrusted cave

Trust you were not referring to me here Rosie:eek:steve

only because he is a jew

The old Bible is the foundation of a civilized society.

The old koran is the foundation of destruction of civilization :blowup:

only because he is a jew

So you have Never read the Koran then......Silly Comment Then. So you have Never read the Bible either......Sillier than silly comment then:confused:and ill read

:cool:

So you have Never read the Koran then......Silly Comment Then. So you have Never read the Bible either......Sillier than silly comment then:confused:and ill read

You've read neither.

Bible: Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself.

Quran: We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah: we have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever,- unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone

Yes, of course it is. To Israelis.

You call my country 'Finland'. I don't call it that.

Soumi only Hoss although the Ruskies did harvest some of the Finns land after WW2

I know it's Suomi. However the customs stickers on a car in Europe have E for Spain (Espania), D for Germany (Deutschland) and SF for Soumi/Finland. Therefore, Soviet Finland we called it.

You've read neither.

Quran: We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah: we have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever,- unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone

Bible may say it but who in history ADHERES to such sentiment........????? as the Jews know full well:D

I know it's Suomi. However the customs stickers on a car in Europe have E for Spain (Espania), D for Germany (Deutschland) and SF for Soumi/Finland. Therefore, Soviet Finland we called it.

:cool::cool::cool:

You've read neither.

Bible may say it but who in history ADHERES to such sentiment........????? as the Jews know full well:D

Ever hear of the 10 Commandments, inbred? Leviticus is inscribed on the Liberty Bell: "Proclaim Liberty Throughout the Land" "Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself" is the model for the Golden Rule.

Take your meds, psycho.

Last edited:
You've read neither.

Ever hear of the 10 Commandments, inbred? Leviticus is inscribed on the Liberty Bell: "Proclaim Liberty Throughout the Land" "Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself" is the model for the Golden Rule.

Take your meds, psycho.

Such an Idiot,I repeat,the Bible may Say IT...but NO ONE ADHERES TO IT.....So your abuse is INFANTILE.JERK

Take your meds, psycho.

Such an Idiot,I repeat,the Bible may Say IT...but NO ONE ADHERES TO IT.....So your abuse is INFANTILE.JERK
Go curry your wallaby, Digger.

Forum List

Back