Myth of arctic meltdown: Stunning satellite images show summer ice cap is thicker

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
1409435267461_Image_galleryImage_polar1_JPG.JPG

I didn't put this in environment for a reason. It's because this IS about politics. This entire Global Warming MYTH is about politics. It is about extorting tax dollars, research dollars and just dollars in general from the West for the "crime" of capitalism.

They never go after communist or leftist countries, even though they are bigger polluters. I realized this whole thing was a scam in the 80s when they kept coming after the United States, despite the fact, the Soviet Union record on pollution was on a scale that was immensely worse.

Don't believe me. One word: CHERNOBYL!

When Three Mile Island happened, there was some steam that escaped.; No nuclear energy ever escaped from Three Mile Island, because of the safety precautions there.

By comparison Chernobyl released (the figure I saw quoted in a documentary) the nuclear energy of 400 Hiroshima bombs. It was almost 30 years ago and STILL people cannot return to that area. The ground is so polluted you have to wear masks and hazmat to return to see the area.

Why? Because Chernobyl had no safety measures like the United States had. The leaders in Moscow didn't care if it went up. They were safe in Moscow. Besides it was cheaper to make it without the safety measures.

Yet, the MYTH of global warm persists because the Communism failed and this is all leftists have left to attack capitalism with. Their dream that communism would bury capitalism and all the world would become communist is dead. This is all they have left. So they cling to it despite how obvious it is, it's a lie.

That's why they faked data. That's why they faked the hockey stick graph. That's why Obama is threatening to go to EXECUTIVE ORDERS to force a bunch of global warming lies on us. It's not about saving any environment. It's about punishing the US for their capitalist success and destroying the dream of a lefist utopia forever.

The speech by former US Vice-President Al Gore was apocalyptic. ‘The North Polar ice cap is falling off a cliff,’ he said. ‘It could be completely gone in summer in as little as seven years. Seven years from now.’

Those comments came in 2007 as Mr Gore accepted the Nobel Peace Prize for his campaigning on climate change.

But seven years after his warning, The Mail on Sunday can reveal that, far from vanishing, the Arctic ice cap has expanded for the second year in succession – with a surge, depending on how you measure it, of between 43 and 63 per cent since 2012.

To put it another way, an area the size of Alaska, America’s biggest state, was open water two years ago, but is again now covered by ice.

The most widely used measurements of Arctic ice extent are the daily satellite readings issued by the US National Snow and Ice Data Center, which is co-funded by Nasa. These reveal that – while the long-term trend still shows a decline – last Monday, August 25, the area of the Arctic Ocean with at least 15 per cent ice cover was 5.62 million square kilometres.

This was the highest level recorded on that date since 2006 (see graph, right), and represents an increase of 1.71 million square kilometres over the past two years – an impressive 43 per cent.

Other figures from the Danish Meteorological Institute suggest that the growth has been even more dramatic. Using a different measure, the area with at least 30 per cent ice cover, these reveal a 63 per cent rise – from 2.7 million to 4.4 million square kilometres.

The satellite images published here are taken from a further authoritative source, the University of Illinois’s Cryosphere project.

Read more here and weep Global Warming dupes:

Stunning satellite images show summer ice cap is thicker and covers 1.7million square kilometres MORE than 2 years ago...despite Al Gore s prediction it would be ICE-FREE by now Mail Online

Nothing to say liberals? That's interesting. I predict Global Warming, is going to go down, like spiritualism or eugenics. People thought it was "science" for a while, but eventually, it becomes clear, it's populated by frauds and huxters. Those that weren't taken in, end up laughing at those who were.

Well, pottysammy, the sea ice is right now, with a couple of weeks yet to go in the melt season, eighth lowest on record. And all eight years have been the last eight years.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/seaice.area.arctic.png

As for the rest of your nonsensical rant, you know where you can shove it. Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University on this planer has policy statements saying that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. All ignorant assholes like you have is flap-yap and lies. Grow up.

Myth of arctic meltdown: Stunning satellite images show summer ice cap is thicker

And yet when I step out into the sun that appears more intensely radiating, that feels hotter every year, my skin starts feeling like its getting radiation burns within minutes. I've been around 50 years. This sun today is a different sun from the 4 decades previous to this one. Each decade it's gotten more and more intense feeling to be out in.

What used to take a couple of days of careful sunbathing to get a tan can now darken my skin significantly within just an hour. Don't need a NASA study to feel what's going on right on your skin.

And yet when I step out into the sun that appears more intensely radiating, that feels hotter every year, my skin starts feeling like its getting radiation burns within minutes. I've been around 50 years. This sun today is a different sun from the 4 decades previous to this one. Each decade it's gotten more and more intense feeling to be out in.

What used to take a couple of days of careful sunbathing to get a tan can now darken my skin significantly within just an hour. Don't need a NASA study to feel what's going on right on your skin.

Actually, the sun is cooler right now than it has been. However, if you are at a northern lattitude, you are getting more UV than you were forty years ago, due to the thinning of the ozone. And the skin is an organ, as we age, our organs became less resilent.

Nothing to say liberals? That's interesting. I predict Global Warming, is going to go down, like spiritualism or eugenics. People thought it was "science" for a while, but eventually, it becomes clear, it's populated by frauds and huxters. Those that weren't taken in, end up laughing at those who were.

Ever heard of climatic cycles? When things are heating up, that's all the deniers talk about. Let things go the other way for a few years and they forget all about it. What's obvious besides the total ignorance about what real science entails, is that the deniers are either total hypocrites or able to totally forget whatever argument they used yesterday. I'll go with the former.

Well, pottysammy, the sea ice is right now, with a couple of weeks yet to go in the melt season, eighth lowest on record. And all eight years have been the last eight years.

As for the rest of your nonsensical rant, you know where you can shove it. Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University on this planer has policy statements saying that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. All ignorant assholes like you have is flap-yap and lies. Grow up.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, 97% and all of that shit.

Except it isn't "warming" and hasn't been for at least 15 years.

Why don't you crawl off somewhere and shut up old man?

Yeah, that's bull and you know it. The Antartic sea ice is NOT melting. It's thickening.

rctic sea ice extent is well below average, and large areas of low concentration ice are observed in the Beaufort Sea and along the Siberian coast. However, it is highly unlikely to set a record low at the end of this year’s melt season. Antarctic sea ice extent remains at record highs.

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Okay, that's just stupid. That's called AGE, not a difference in the sun.

:lol: :lol: :lol: BTW, I'm just as old as you and I see no difference in the sun. Now, in the age of MY skin is another matter. Get over yourself!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ever heard of climatic cycles? When things are heating up, that's all the deniers talk about. Let things go the other way for a few years and they forget all about it. What's obvious besides the total ignorance about what real science entails, is that the deniers are either total hypocrites or able to totally forget whatever argument they used yesterday. I'll go with the former.

Yeah, I've heard of climatic cylces, EVER HEAR OF THE ICE AGE? :lol:

That's just the point. The earth's climate changes and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH MAN MADE THIS OR THAT!

The earth warmed up after the ice age and it had nothing to do with cars, or factories, or even aerosol cans. This earth's climate changes.

So, who's the "denier" if you chicken littles can't figure that out, and think everything has to do with "Global Warming" and the answer is higher taxes on everything.

Funny, there WERE NO TAXES WHEN THE EARTH WARMED UP AFTER THE ICE AGE. You think taxes would have changed that?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really? Have the glaciers ceased to retreat? Has the oceans cooled? And in that 15 years, what has happened to the ice in the Arctic?

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/seaice.anomaly.arctic.png

Did it ever occur to you global warming IDIOTS that the reason there is less sea ice is because THERE IS MORE OF IT AT THE ARTIC???

DUH! This is why liberalism hates common sense. Because common sense will tell you if the ice is thickening at the Artic, there is LESS OF IT BREAKING OFF TO BECOME SEA ICE!

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Same conditions happened during the Ice Age. That's why there were grasslands where there are now oceans. When it warmed up, the ice broke up, melted and became oceans.

It's not breaking up right now, because it's thickening. And guess what, when it melted, we didn't get a water world, there's still plenty of land left to go around.

Calm your chicken little act down.

Last edited:

You are throwing climate cycles as an argument. Climate cycles were not part of the Alarmist Argument when Arctic shrank. Why? Because they were too wrapped up in showing the polar bears with diminishing spots to call home; that as well as fabricating emails for AngliaGate.

You are throwing climate cycles as an argument. Climate cycles were not part of the Alarmist Argument when Arctic shrank. Why? Because they were too wrapped up in showing the polar bears with diminishing spots to call home; that as well as fabricating emails for AngliaGate.

Besides that, climate cycles, totally destroys the argument that Global Warming is man made.

If it isn't then explain how man caused the other warming cycles this planet has been through. Some of them happened long before the industrial revolution, the car, or any of other boogymen the left wants to blame.

Chernobyl released (the figure I saw quoted in a documentary) the nuclear energy of 400 Hiroshima bombs. It was almost 30 years ago and STILL people cannot return to that area. The ground is so polluted you have to wear masks and hazmat to return to see the area.

Why? Because Chernobyl had no safety measures like the United States had. The leaders in Moscow didn't care if it went up. They were safe in Moscow. Besides it was cheaper to make it without the safety measures.

Complete and utter bullshit. The Zone of Alienation/Chernobyl Exclusion Zone (the 30 kilometer radius around the plant) was opened up years ago. There are even tours being given of the area, and no, tourists don't have to wear a hazmat suit.

Further, Chernobyl did have safety measures, and in the aftermath of the explosion, the Russians brought in immense resources--including workers--from all over the Soviet Union. Special attention was given to the ability of the people to withstand radiation levels, and during the immediate cleanup of the incident, workers were only allowed a few seconds' exposure even with protective gear. This wasn't the most efficient method of containment, but it was the safest for the people working on it, which is why the Soviets used it.

Chernobyl released (the figure I saw quoted in a documentary) the nuclear energy of 400 Hiroshima bombs. It was almost 30 years ago and STILL people cannot return to that area. The ground is so polluted you have to wear masks and hazmat to return to see the area.

Complete and utter bullshit. The Zone of Alienation/Chernobyl Exclusion Zone (the 30 kilometer radius around the plant) was opened up years ago. There are even tours being given of the area, and no, tourists don't have to wear a hazmat suit.

Further, Chernobyl did have safety measures, and in the aftermath of the explosion, the Russians brought in immense resources--including workers--from all over the Soviet Union. Special attention was given to the ability of the people to withstand radiation levels, and during the immediate cleanup of the incident, workers were only allowed a few seconds' exposure even with protective gear. This wasn't the most efficient method of containment, but it was the safest for the people working on it, which is why the Soviets used it.

They obviously did NOT have the safety measures the United States used. And why? Because it was CHEAPER. For example, Chernobyl did not have containment towers as Three Mile Island did.

3MileIsland.jpg

As for how Chernobyl is today. This documentary says it far better than I could.

Yeah, I've heard of climatic cylces, EVER HEAR OF THE ICE AGE? :lol:

That's just the point. The earth's climate changes and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH MAN MADE THIS OR THAT!

The earth warmed up after the ice age and it had nothing to do with cars, or factories, or even aerosol cans. This earth's climate changes.

So, who's the "denier" if you chicken littles can't figure that out, and think everything has to do with "Global Warming" and the answer is higher taxes on everything.

Funny, there WERE NO TAXES WHEN THE EARTH WARMED UP AFTER THE ICE AGE. You think taxes would have changed that?

What about the time scale? While Ice Ages extended over tens of thousands of years, we're talking about the last 200 when it comes to AGW. You need to study up a bit on the topic before posting and not just trusting whoever backs up your own bias. For example, I real actual scientific papers and have never seen the Gore movie.

Besides that, climate cycles, totally destroys the argument that Global Warming is man made.

If it isn't then explain how man caused the other warming cycles this planet has been through. Some of them happened long before the industrial revolution, the car, or any of other boogymen the left wants to blame.

Just because one warming trend is touted as man made doesn't mean the others would have to be. That's just denier nonsense that anyone with an inkling of understanding would discard as garbage. One easy way to tell if someone is has an actual understanding of the subject or whether they're just parroting what they've heard on denier sites is how they treat the time issue. If they ignore it or treat all warming episodes the same, they obviously are making their case on a political rather than scientific basis.

Forum List

Back