Mystery of Falling Birds?

Im laughing..........well over 100,000 birds are killed every year by the stupid ass windmills that assholes like Old Rocks advocate for. Now........a few birds fall out of the sky and its news.
That's interesting. I live right near a huge windmill farm where I give horseback tours and have NEVER seen a dead bird.
Unlike you, birds are intelligent.

Last edited:
My first thought as well. They say it happened very fast though and it was contained within a relatively small radius... 5000 birds. Eerie. :confused:

My first thought was botulism poisoning in a near by water supply. We had a case of this in NM a while back...killed many ducks (and other small animals).

Once infected they can spread it to other animals that they come in contact with.

HANTAVIRUS
Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome is a severe respiratory illness that can be deadly. It is caused by the Sin Nombre virus, one of a family of viruses that is found worldwide. It can be transmitted by infected rodents through urine, droppings, or saliva.

Humans can contract the disease when they breathe in aerosolized virus. HPS was first recognized in 1993 and has since been identified throughout the United States. Although rare, HPS is potentially deadly. Rodent control in and around the home remains the primary strategy for preventing hantavirus infection.

Hantavirus Activity in New Mexico
(updated 10/14/2010)

Map of Human Cases of Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome in New Mexico, 2010

■The first case of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome in New Mexico this year has been confirmed in a McKinley County woman (see press release of 05/06/2010).
■New Mexico had four cases of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome in 2009. None of these was fatal.
■In 2008, New Mexico had two cases of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, both of which were fatal.
■There were three cases in 2007, one of which was fatal.
■New Mexico has reported a total of 83 hantavirus pulmonary syndrome cases with 33 deaths since 1975.

Hantavirus Health Data in New Mexico - Epidemiology & Response Division

Yep...nasty stuff. We get warnings for Hantavirus every summer along with Bubonic plague, which is transmitted the same way. Rodents and small flea infested animals.

Get lots of reports about the West Nile virus also....we like to live dangerously out here in the desert ;)

West Nile Virus is a mosquito-borne disease that was first seen in North America in 1999. The most serious manifestation of West Nile Virus infection is fatal encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) in humans and horses, as well as mortality in certain domestic and wild birds. Cases of West Nile Virus in New Mexico have occurred every year since 2003, though decreasing numbers of cases have been reported, from 209 in 2003, 88 in 2004, 33 in 2005 and 8 human cases in 2006. The number of cases increased to 60 in 2007. West Nile Virus infections in humans occur seasonally, with the peak of cases in late summer and early fall.

The risk of acquiring West Nile Virus can be reduced by:

■Using insect repellent
■Reducing the amount of time spent outdoors at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active
■Having screens on your doors and windows to keep mosquitoes out
■Emptying or eliminating water holding containers (where mosquitoes lay their eggs) such as tires, flower pots and buckets

Before the consipiracy kooks get all wound up, I'd like to point out that most of the bird and fish kills were of one species each: Drum fish and red winged blackbirds.

So that drastically limits the possible causes.

True, but for the most part the same species would be together. It's not a far strech to go in any direction with that.

Roosting birds, for the most part yes. Although other species often roost with red winged blackbirds, such as grackles and starlings. And they were among the birds found in both locations. But whatever contaminant or disease affected them would have had to be very specific or localized.

In a 20-mile segment of a popular sport fishing river? :doubt:

Last edited:
Im laughing..........well over 100,000 birds are killed every year by the stupid ass windmills that assholes like Old Rocks advocate for. Now........a few birds fall out of the sky and its news.
That's interesting. I live right near a huge windmill farm where I give horseback tours and have NEVER seen a dead bird.

OK then.................perhaps a visit to the eye doctor is in order s0n................

Robert Bryce: Windmills Are Killing Our Birds - WSJ.com

Oooooooooooooooooops!!!!!:lol:

Last edited:

OK then.................perhaps a visit to the eye doctor is in order s0n................

Great Article. Sounds like Government Policy is again violating Rights by selective prosecution. So what else is new?

Texans are observing hundreds of dead birds on an East Texas bridge, according to a breaking report by KLTV in Tyler. This latest discovery compounds the mystery of recent reported discoveries of dozens, hundreds, even thousands of dead birds and fish documented in the southern United States as well as dead wildlife reports in other parts of the world this week. Around 200 birds were found dead on a Hwy 155 bridge over the Lake O’ the Pines, this morning.The cause of death of the birds identified as American Coots is unknown. Breaking News, Current Events, Latest News and World Events at allvoices.com contributed-news/ 7800408-now-east-texas-also-reports-hundreds-of-dead-birds

THERE'S been another inexplicable case of dead animals with dozens of dead fish washing up on a New Zealand beach.
'Carpet' of dead snapper on New Zealand beaches | The Australian

Quote:
In a week that saw unexplained massive bird deaths in the southern United States, up to 100 birds were found lying in a snow-covered street in Sweden Wednesday, officials said.
“Most were dead,” Christer Olofsson of rescue services in the southwestern town of Falkoeping said of the 50 to 100 jackdaw birds, a type of crow.
Ornithologist Anders Wirdheim said the find was surprising.
“This is unusual,” he told tabloid Aftonbladet, which posted online a reader’s photo of dozens of black birds littering a snow-covered road.
“They are probably jackdaws. They spend the winter in large flocks. If they are exposed to disturbances, they can become so stressed that they fly themselves to death,” he said.
Mr. Olofsson told AFP the birds were first spotted around midnight by a police patrol, and that five had been taken in for analysis.
More dead birds found, this time in Sweden | Posted | National Post

why suddenly do i not believe a word of this? if it were 'natural' wouldnt it have happened on a large scale like this before? and now suddenly it happens twice

I agree and it feels like a government or corporate screwup. Ok, it seems like a cover up too. A Bird dying should be easier to figure out.

Altamont .An antique high speed piece of shit farm that all of you oil soaked, right wing lunatics focus on every time someone brings up wind power.
If the Bahhhhhwd of Dywektahhhhz that runs that piece of shit would spend the money to upgrade the problem would be solved. When you submit such a proposal to these UP: Directors and Officers animals, it's out of the question.
Typical murka.

The new technology has windmills turning slowly even in 100 mph winds.
Like I said. I live near a huge one and give gringos horseback tours. Ask the Wall Street Jewnals authors how much time they've spent around one.

Sell your trailer and come on down ! I'll set you up with a tent on the farm and let you count. You can watch toucans, parrots,the occasional Macaw, hawks, vultures and all sorts of birds flying around up there. I'll give you $100 for every one you find killed by the mills. With your mindse.........err thin....er....bleating suenos you could quickly become a wealthy murkin !

People who live there should rise up and DEMAND an explanation.

now in sweden. i´m really scared about this.

I'm seriously worried and I'm not the conspiracy theory type. Wth is going on?

Zephaniah 1:3

"I will sweep away both men and animals; I will sweep away the birds of the air and the fish of the sea. The wicked will have only heaps of rubble when I cut off man from the face of the earth," declares the LORD.

I don't think I've ever quoted the bible in my life, :eusa_eh:

How can this be a mystery?

An autopsie would tell us the cause of death.

Probably.

IF it's something they test for, as far as a poison or contaminant. Then they still have to go back and locate the source.

Are they testing them for signs of localized methane, carbon monoxide or other gas poisoning from a geological source?

I've never heard of any disease this localized and specific, not to mention quick enough to wipe out an entire flock in the space of a couple hours, but if they exist are they including them in the tests?

How much time and money are they willing to spend? Or does "they all developed blunt force trauma and internal damage by magic in the air and fell to the ground, which did not harm them" work for their budget? :rolleyes:

I can guarantee there's a rational, tinfoil free explanation here. Just wish we knew what it was. Still the only common denominator I've been able to find looking at the maps is new natural gas exploration or drilling - for both events in Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee and Kentucky. Haven't looked up the others yet. But if that's the culprit, why the timing? Makes no sense.

Forum List

Back