Mystery of Falling Birds?

My guess is methane.

I don't know maybe but this was also reported at the same time
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiyVzqRvQ6c[/ame]

Both within 24 hours of each other, in geologically active areas where active natural gas drilling is taking place and with a swarm of microquakes taking place smack dab in between them?

Yep, methane seems reasonable to me.

That sounds like a very good possibility.

After reading a few replies I see one key pharse "global warming being the cause". Do you really want to go in that direction?

If you do then we can also add the government caused the mass killing to push the global warming agenda.

LABARRE — Hundreds of dead and dying birds littered a quarter-mile stretch of highway in Pointe Coupee Parish on Monday as motorists drove over and around them.

State biologists are trying to determine what led to the deaths of the estimated 500 red-winged blackbirds and starlings on La. 1 just down the road from Pointe Coupee Central High School.

The discovery of the dead birds — some of which were lying face down, clumped in groups, while others were face up with their wings outstretched and rigid legs pointing upward — comes just three days after more than 3,000 blackbirds rained down from the sky in Beebe, Ark.

Necropsies performed Monday on the birds in Arkansas showed the birds suffered internal injuries that formed blood clots leading to their deaths, The Associated Press reported.

In Louisiana, biologists with the state Department of Wildlife and Fisheries spent part of the day Monday scooping up some of the birds in Pointe Coupee Parish to be sent for testing at labs in Georgia and Wisconsin.

2theadvocate.com | News | Mass La. bird deaths puzzle investigators — Baton Rouge, LA

LABARRE — Hundreds of dead and dying birds littered a quarter-mile stretch of highway in Pointe Coupee Parish on Monday as motorists drove over and around them.

State biologists are trying to determine what led to the deaths of the estimated 500 red-winged blackbirds and starlings on La. 1 just down the road from Pointe Coupee Central High School.

The discovery of the dead birds — some of which were lying face down, clumped in groups, while others were face up with their wings outstretched and rigid legs pointing upward — comes just three days after more than 3,000 blackbirds rained down from the sky in Beebe, Ark.

Necropsies performed Monday on the birds in Arkansas showed the birds suffered internal injuries that formed blood clots leading to their deaths, The Associated Press reported.

In Louisiana, biologists with the state Department of Wildlife and Fisheries spent part of the day Monday scooping up some of the birds in Pointe Coupee Parish to be sent for testing at labs in Georgia and Wisconsin.

2theadvocate.com | News | Mass La. bird deaths puzzle investigators — Baton Rouge, LA

Many of the birds in AR were alive when they hit the ground and for some time after too, according to witnesses.

Now this is just getting creepy.

So thousands of them suffered bodily injuries that resulted in clots forming in their blood, and then cutting off circulation, which caused them to fall from the sky, all within the same hour of time.

This is why Arkansas is not known for Science :)

I heard that the fireworks theory is that these birds don't have good night vision, were stunned by the fireworks, got confused and started running into houses. I don't like that one because people are describing it as the birds falling out of the sky. It seems trumped up, like they're hiding something.

This is very weird and the methane theory seems interesting. That could also account for the fishes.

I heard that the fireworks theory is that these birds don't have good night vision, were stunned by the fireworks, got confused and started running into houses. I don't like that one because people are describing it as the birds falling out of the sky. It seems trumped up, like they're hiding something.

This is very weird and the methane theory seems interesting. That could also account for the fishes.

It certainly would. And the fact that many of the birds were reportedly still alive. Methane poisoning even at a non-lethal level would definitely disorient them, it would be similar to being incredibly drunk.

Fireworks? The locals in Beebe are saying it rained birds from about 11:30 till close to dawn. Nope, I think they just have no clue and are trying to make it sound as innocuous as possible. If it was methane, the gas would most likely have dissipated long ago. They may find traces dissolved in the water of the Arkansas if they can discover the source, but they won't find any in the air around Beebe.

Last edited:
Global warming? Is the end near? You decide.

Same area as the tornadoes
Id say it was a harp test.
:confused:

lisa_beckley_roberts_harp.jpg

Sorry haarp

This is a very interesting occurence. The physical proximity of the drilling, the small earthquakes, dead birds, dead fish. Connection or no connection? Really interested in what the scientists are going to tell us.

The earthquakes are interesting. They're in the approximate area of the Enola Swarm Area, which is more or less constantly active with these miniquake swarms. They had one in October and one in November too. But they're always pinpointed within a couple miles of Enola, and these are near Guy - which is several miles outside the normal swarm area. And there have never been occurrences like this before with an Enola swarm - that anyone knows of anyway. Related? Not related? Just odd coincidence? :dunno:

Therewereplenty of reports of toxic rain even further north following the use of corexit dispersant. The fish and bird die off are a first, the gas drilling and earthquakes are not a first. I posted on the geographic relationship of the gulf spill in the fish thread.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...le-section-of-arkansas-river.html#post3159982

This is a very interesting occurence. The physical proximity of the drilling, the small earthquakes, dead birds, dead fish. Connection or no connection? Really interested in what the scientists are going to tell us.

The earthquakes are interesting. They're in the approximate area of the Enola Swarm Area, which is more or less constantly active with these miniquake swarms. They had one in October and one in November too. But they're always pinpointed within a couple miles of Enola, and these are near Guy - which is several miles outside the normal swarm area. And there have never been occurrences like this before with an Enola swarm - that anyone knows of anyway. Related? Not related? Just odd coincidence? :dunno:

Therewereplenty of reports of toxic rain even further north following the use of corexit dispersant. The fish and bird die off are a first, the gas drilling and earthquakes are not a first. I posted on the geographic relationship of the gulf spill in the fish thread.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...le-section-of-arkansas-river.html#post3159982

:rolleyes:

This is what's happening in the Marcellus Shale, my backyard:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Fractured wells can contaminate water or even air in a hot minute if done improperly, as you can see in the video. Or it can work its way to the surface and into water on its own, as a result of seismic or other geologic activity. Releases can be large scale or very localized and brief, depending on the geology of the area.

All of these kills occurred in gas producing areas and primarily affected one species. Natural gas is almost entirely methane. Methane is poisonous, and some species have higher tolerance than others.

Do the math. I realize the whole situation is a tinfoil hatter's dream, but the real explanation is likely the most obvious. The question is, why now and why in only these places? The autopsies won't answer that one, IMO they should be sending in geologists.

There were plenty of reports of toxic rain even further north following the use of corexit dispersant. The fish and bird die off are a first, the gas drilling and earthquakes are not a first. I posted on the geographic relationship of the gulf spill in the fish thread.

:rolleyes:

This is what's happening in the Marcellus Shale, my backyard:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Fractured wells can contaminate water or even air in a hot minute if done improperly, as you can see in the video. Or it can work its way to the surface and into water on its own, as a result of seismic or other geologic activity. Releases can be large scale or very localized and brief, depending on the geology of the area.

All of these kills occurred in gas producing areas and primarily affected one species. Natural gas is almost entirely methane. Methane is poisonous, and some species have higher tolerance than others.

Do the math. I realize the whole situation is a tinfoil hatter's dream, but the real explanation is likely the most obvious. The question is, why now and why in only these places? The autopsies won't answer that one, IMO they should be sending in geologists.

Since we have a global distribution in a shared time period, and the atmosphere is shared, and toxins that are vapor can be distributed anywhere, the widespread problem is quite clearly related to the gulf BP leak and corexit. I have little confidence in science, we knows who owns it.

FALLING/Dead BIRDS

Kentucky
QTY < 100
Type: Small Birds (not Stated)
Suspected Cause Cold Stress
Actual Cause : Unknown
[link to www.wpsdlocal6.com]

Louisiana
QTY 500
Type: Starlings and Blackbirds
Suspected Cause : Weather
Actual: Unknown
Links:
[link to theintelhub.com]
[link to www.wbrz.com]

Arkansas
QTY ~5000
Type: Blackbird, Starling, Grackle
Suspected Cause : weather/fireworks
Links:
[link to www.eturbonews.com]
[link to www.theglobeandmail.com]

Arizona
QTY >65
Type: Bats
Suspected cause : Weather
[link to www.azcentral.com]

Japan
QTY < 30
Type: Various (Mainly Swan/Heron)
Suspected Cause : Bird Flu
Actual: Unknown
Links :
[link to www.upi.com]

[link to www.nytimes.com]

DEAD FISH

Arkansas
> 100,000
Type: Drum
Suspected Cause
Actual Cause Unknown
Links:
[link to www.todaysthv.com]

Maryland
> 10,000
Type: Menhayden, spots and croakers/various
Suspected Cause Cold Stress
Links:
[link to www.wbaltv.com]

South Wales (UK)
QTY>~ 100's
Type: Various Carp/Bream/Other
Suspected Cause Cold Weather
Actual Cause Unknown
Links:
[link to www.bymnews.com]

Brazil
QTY: ~Millions (100 tons)
Type: Sardines
Suspected cause :Unknown
Links:
[link to freerepublic.com]
[link to www.parana-online.com.br]

Italy (Scarlino)
QTY 100,000s
Type: Clams/Small fish/Shellfish/Crabs/Flatfish
Suspected Cause : Pollution
Links :
[link to corrierefiorentino.corriere.it]

New Zealand
Type: Snapper
[link to www.nzherald.co.nz]

why suddenly do i not believe a word of this? if it were 'natural' wouldnt it have happened on a large scale like this before? and now suddenly it happens twice

(CNN) -- Arkansas game officials hope testing scheduled to begin Monday will solve the mystery of why up to 5,000 birds fell from the sky just before midnight New Year's Eve.

The birds -- most of which were dead -- were red-winged blackbirds and starlings, and they were found within a one-mile area of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said. Birds fell over about a one-mile area, the commission said in a statement.

As of Saturday, between 4,000 and 5,000 birds had been found dead, said Keith Stephens with the commission.

"Shortly after I arrived, there were still birds falling from the sky," said commission wildlife officer Robby King in the statement. He said he collected about 65 dead birds.

Arkansas game officials probe mystery of falling birds - CNN.com

Global warming? Is the end near? You decide.

The Arkansans ran out of chickens and cousins to diddle, so they diddled the red winged blackbirds.

why suddenly do i not believe a word of this? if it were 'natural' wouldnt it have happened on a large scale like this before? and now suddenly it happens twice

There is one posibilkity that has not been mentioned.

'Millions exposed' in 1960s experiments

During the early 1960s millions of people were exposed to clouds of radioactive xenon gas from the Harwell Nuclear Research Establishment, the BBC has discovered.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | 'Millions exposed' in 1960s experiments

US admits chemical weapons tests

The Pentagon has published previously secret information revealing that it carried out more extensive tests of chemical and biological warfare agents than had previously been thought.

The tests took place in the 1960s and early 70s.
BBC NEWS | Americas | US admits chemical weapons tests

Pentagon: Chem, bio tests involved U.S. troops
CNN.com - Pentagon: Chem, bio tests involved U.S. troops - May 23, 2002

Could the government be doing more test?

Im laughing..........well over 100,000 birds are killed every year by the stupid ass windmills that assholes like Old Rocks advocate for. Now........a few birds fall out of the sky and its news.

wow

Top US Official MURDERED for Exposing Cause of Bird & Fish Kills WMD Phosgene

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoQvdkIq2mI&feature=bulletin[/ame]

John P Wheeler III: Former Special Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Member of Council on Foreign Relations, Consultant to Mitre Corporation Found Dumped in Landfill
cryptogon.com John P Wheeler III: Former Special Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Member of Council on Foreign Relations, Consultant to Mitre Corporation Found Dumped in Landfill

red winged blackbirds and starlings will eat about anything

My first guess would be toxins or poison.

My first thought as well. They say it happened very fast though and it was contained within a relatively small radius... 5000 birds. Eerie. :confused:

My first thought was botulism poisoning in a near by water supply. We had a case of this in NM a while back...killed many ducks (and other small animals).

Once infected they can spread it to other animals that they come in contact with.

My first guess would be toxins or poison.

My first thought as well. They say it happened very fast though and it was contained within a relatively small radius... 5000 birds. Eerie. :confused:

My first thought was botulism poisoning in a near by water supply. We had a case of this in NM a while back...killed many ducks (and other small animals).

Once infected they can spread it to other animals that they come in contact with.

HANTAVIRUS
Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome is a severe respiratory illness that can be deadly. It is caused by the Sin Nombre virus, one of a family of viruses that is found worldwide. It can be transmitted by infected rodents through urine, droppings, or saliva.

Humans can contract the disease when they breathe in aerosolized virus. HPS was first recognized in 1993 and has since been identified throughout the United States. Although rare, HPS is potentially deadly. Rodent control in and around the home remains the primary strategy for preventing hantavirus infection.

Hantavirus Activity in New Mexico
(updated 10/14/2010)

Map of Human Cases of Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome in New Mexico, 2010

&#9632;The first case of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome in New Mexico this year has been confirmed in a McKinley County woman (see press release of 05/06/2010).
&#9632;New Mexico had four cases of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome in 2009. None of these was fatal.
&#9632;In 2008, New Mexico had two cases of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, both of which were fatal.
&#9632;There were three cases in 2007, one of which was fatal.
&#9632;New Mexico has reported a total of 83 hantavirus pulmonary syndrome cases with 33 deaths since 1975.

Hantavirus Health Data in New Mexico - Epidemiology & Response Division

Forum List

Back