My views shaped by real world experience

Mar 5, 2009
I do a lot of writing about politics, government and economics. While I am very well educated and read a lot, my views are also based on some 20 years of professional work as a policy analyst and advisor for elected officials, first at the Congressional Office of Technnology Assessment and then at the National Governors Association. I had a hand in shaping major public policies and federal laws. I know the political system from the inside.

I also have considerable experience as an activist writer; my last book was Delusional Democracy: Fixing the Republic Without Overthrowing the Government. I write several articles a month that are published on many websites.

I also co-founded Friends of the Article V Convention, a national nonpartisan group with the mission of making Congress obey the Constitution and give us what we have a constitutional right to have: an Article V convention of state delegates that could propose constitutional amendments. The one and only requirement for a convention has long been satisfied, with over 700 applications from all 50 states.

I am also chair of the Independent Party of Maryland, and I have been active in the 9/11 truth movement.

Having passionate activists around, of whatever opinion, always makes things more interesting. Welcome.

Welcome my views are not shaped by the “real world” but shaped by “Second Life” experience ( okay they really are real world experiences but I felt the need to be a smartass). :eusa_whistle:

• Banned
Great to see that some people actually read these self-introductions; I'm impressed!!

Welcome to USMB!

Not to nit-pick but, it sounds like your real-world experience shaped your views, not the other way around.

"My views shaped by real world experience."

"Real world experience shaped my views."

Sounds like the same meaning...what am I missing?

Welcome to USMB!

Not to nit-pick but, it sounds like your real-world experience shaped your views, not the other way around.

That's what I was thinking. :thup:

Perhaps we have the same reading impediment related to Ms and Bs :lol:

Upon further review, the title says "shaped by", not "shaped my".........

Umm welcome to statusquobuster! :cool:

Last edited:
"My views shaped by real world experience."

"Real world experience shaped my views."

Sounds like the same meaning...what am I missing?

Now you understand why state policy is so confusing. Welcome to my world.

Forum List

Back