My Theory on Noam Chomsky

Flying Duck

Aug 8, 2004
Haven't been around here in a while but was interested in what others think of my theory of what motivates the MVP of America-haters, Noam Chomsky.

As you may or may not know, he initially built his name on being a linguist. Since then, he has spent his life/career in pursuit of one single goal: to make ANYTHING America does ANYWHERE look like the spawn of Satan. And, if you've ever read any of the crap he writes, you know that he is, indeed, a master of assigning all of the world's evils, no matter how detached in reality, to what is destroying everything on the planet - the existence of the US.

So, here's my theory: After making his name as a linguist, he realized that , to most people, linguists are pretty boring so he decided to put his skills as a linguist to the test. So I figure he decided to come up with the most preposterous notion (American=the root of all evil) and set forth to use the manipulation of words to convince others of that notion. In this way, he keeps himself intellectually challanged as a linguist while the controversial nature of his basic premise keeps his name in the spotlight and helps him sell books. In other words, Chomsky's real objective is to test how linguisitics can be used to manipulate people.

My other theory is that it gets him laid a lot in Berkeley. ;-)

Flying Duck said:
Haven't been around here in a while but was interested in what others think of my theory of what motivates the MVP of America-haters, Noam Chomsky.

As you may or may not know, he initially built his name on being a linguist. Since then, he has spent his life/career in pursuit of one single goal: to make ANYTHING America does ANYWHERE look like the spawn of Satan. And, if you've ever read any of the crap he writes, you know that he is, indeed, a master of assigning all of the world's evils, no matter how detached in reality, to what is destroying everything on the planet - the existence of the US.

So, here's my theory: After making his name as a linguist, he realized that , to most people, linguists are pretty boring so he decided to put his skills as a linguist to the test. So I figure he decided to come up with the most preposterous notion (American=the root of all evil) and set forth to use the manipulation of words to convince others of that notion. In this way, he keeps himself intellectually challanged as a linguist while the controversial nature of his basic premise keeps his name in the spotlight and helps him sell books. In other words, Chomsky's real objective is to test how linguisitics can be used to manipulate people.

My other theory is that it gets him laid a lot in Berkeley. ;-)

As good as a theory as any--linguist?---guess he would correct me when I say Chumpsky then.

Forum List

Back