my son is going to convert to Islam. What did I do wrong?

do what any decent RW'r would do ... shoot him between the eyes.

es

I certainly encourage you to learn more about Islam, regardless of whether you are being sincere here.

But it seems to me that you haven't necessarily done anything wrong. It just may be what he chooses at this point.

Excuse me for my hostility.
I was shocked that my son would abandon the religion that I tried to bring him up with.
He wants to become a muslim. And I don't know why ...
I'd like to know a bit more about Islam. Just to get a better understanding.
dispirited.png

Thank you.
Nothing wrong with that. Start here: Islam Guide What Are the Five Pillars of Islam

Kids are being taught in school that Islam is all about peace. One school claimed that the pages teaching about the other religions were missing from the text books due to an error. Some students had an assignment that required them to make their own prayer rug and then kneel and say a Muslim prayer. They don't focus on Christianity that way. Big difference between discussing various religions and doing things that look a lot like an attempt to convert students.

Another thing missing these days is talking about the countless terrorist attacks by radical Muslims.

Either kids are fooled into what Islam is all about or they hook up with the radicals who are recruiting young people on social media. If they believe any of these scumbags, they are taught to hate America and join forces with those intent on destroying us. Even Obama talks fondly of Muslims while refusing to see any bad.

It's not rational either way.

Excuse me for my hostility.
I was shocked that my son would abandon the religion that I tried to bring him up with.
He wants to become a muslim. And I don't know why ...
I'd like to know a bit more about Islam. Just to get a better understanding.
dispirited.png

Thank you.

If you are so worried about this, then why did you publish this thread in politics, instead of in the religion forum?
Because it has more to do with politics than 'concern.'

My parents wondered what they did wrong when I screamed with joy seeing The Beatles on Ed Sullivan. They wondered what they did wrong when I ran off with a biker. They wondered what they did wrong when I became a hippy.

Let him explore. We all have been there.

Hello there,
Many really don't care about what their kids believe in. At least you do, which is something I respect.
He really did not convert to Islam. He simply reverted back to the original faith that we all are naturally inclined to follow. Islam is the continuation of what Jesuse, Mosese, and the prophets peace be upon them came with.

Kids are being taught in school that Islam is all about peace. One school claimed that the pages teaching about the other religions were missing from the text books due to an error. Some students had an assignment that required them to make their own prayer rug and then kneel and say a Muslim prayer. They don't focus on Christianity that way. Big difference between discussing various religions and doing things that look a lot like an attempt to convert students.

Another thing missing these days is talking about the countless terrorist attacks by radical Muslims.

Either kids are fooled into what Islam is all about or they hook up with the radicals who are recruiting young people on social media. If they believe any of these scumbags, they are taught to hate America and join forces with those intent on destroying us. Even Obama talks fondly of Muslims while refusing to see any bad.

It's not rational either way.

I can find violence in the bible as well, I bet that's not being preach on Sundays.

There are plenty of Muslims you interact with on a daily basis that are not planning to kill you idiot.

Hello there,
Many really don't care about what their kids believe in. At least you do, which is something I respect.
He really did not convert to Islam. He simply reverted back to the original faith that we all are naturally inclined to follow. Islam is the continuation of what Jesuse, Mosese, and the prophets peace be upon them came with.

Islam is not a continuation of the preceding religions, it is blatant plagiarism from those earlier sources.

You have a very forward-looking son who obviously anticipates a career in politics. While I do not believe being Muslim might one day be a requisite for holding office it becomes clear that will prove to be a strong advantage.

Especially if your son is black.

Hey, it worked twice, didn't it?

Forum List

Back