My personal view is there will never be another new refinery built” on U.S. soil because

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
My personal view is there will never be another new refinery built” on U.S. soil, said Chevron's CEO Wirth. “You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’”

So why would he say this???
President JOE BIDEN said so!!
I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

So if current American refineries are at capacity because Biden said to refinery financiers and buildings... "getting rid of fossil fuels"... why
would anyone spend any money to build what takes about 10 years an oil refinery?
So Chevron, et.al. just keep raising their refining costs because they have an administration that does NOT want fossil fuels!
Plain and simple! And guess who's paying for that? Since Biden's been in office gas prices have risen 159%!
Biden 6/22 $5.032 Trump $1.938 4/20 or $3.094 increase or 159%

Do you know when the last new refinery was built in the US?

Why didn't they build any new refineries during the awesome Reagan, Bush and Trump years??

We are over regulated, so we buy oil from countries who pollute when they extract fossil fuels….thereby increasing global pollution and climate change.

BRILLIANT IDEA!

Why didn't they build any new refineries during the awesome Reagan, Bush and Trump years??
What is your source for that year?

The newest refinery in the United States is the Texas International Terminals 45,000 b/cd refinery in Channelview, Texas, which was operable on January 1, 2022, but actually started operating in February, 2022.

However, the newest refinery with significant downstream unit capacity is Marathon's facility in Garyville, Louisiana. That facility came online in 1977 with an initial atmospheric distillation unit capacity of 200,000 b/cd, and as of January 1, 2022, it had a capacity of 585,000 b/cd.

Year builtFirst operatedLocationOriginal ownerOriginal capacity b/cdCurrent owner2022 Capacity b/cd
20212022Galveston, TexasTexas International Terminals45,000Texas International Terminals45,000
20212021Kern, CaliforniaTalley Asphalt Products1,700Talley Asphalt Products1,700
20182019Channelview, TexasTarga Resources35,000Hartree Partners45,000
20162017Corpus Christi, TexasMagellan Midstream Partners42,500Magellan Midstream Partners42,500
20152015Corpus Christi, TexasBuckeye Partners46,250Buckeye Partners60,000
20152015Corpus Christi, TexasBuckeye Partners46,250Buckeye Partners60,000
20152015Houston, TexasPetromax Refining 25,000Petromax Refining 25,000
20142015Galena Park, TexasKinder Morgan42,000Kinder Morgan84,000
19981998Atmore, AlabamaGoodway4,100Goodway4,100
19931993Valdez, AlaskaPetro Star26,300Petro Star55,000
19911992Ely, NevadaPetro Source7,000Foreland2,000
19861987North Pole, AlaskaPetro Star6,700Petro Star19,700
19851986Prudhoe Bay, AlaskaARCO12,000ConocoPhillips15,000
19791980Wilmington, CaliforniaHuntway5,400Valero6,300
19781979Vicksburg, MississippiErgon10,000Ergon26,500
19781979North Slope, AlaskaARCO13,000Hillcorp, North Slope6,500
19771978Lake Charles, LouisianaCalcasieu6,500Calcasieu135,000
19761977Garyville, LouisianaMarathon200,000Marathon585,000
19761977Krotz Springs, LouisianaGold King5,000Delek80,000
19751975Corpus Christi, TexasSaber15,000Valero290,000

Progs did that. We should have at least a dozen new ones. They made sure that the older ones could only be upgraded. But they would not be as efficient as totally new ones. Nuclear power plants the same way.

Progs did that. We should have at least a dozen new ones. They made sure that the older ones could only be upgraded. But they would not be as efficient as totally new ones. Nuclear power plants the same way.
I don't disagree we should have more refineries but the MOST important part of this thread is what Biden said :
I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

How many commentators even conservatives seem to be unaware that this was Biden's desire... "get rid of fossil fuels"?
That's why Chevron's CEO statement is validation for the oil companies raising their prices! The oil companies have to plan
for future expenditures and if the President of the USA says "get rid of fossil fuels"!
Americans need to vote for the good of America and Biden so far has done almost nothing to improved and has done almost
everything to worsen our lives! Gas prices, inflation, nuclear threats, illegal aliens (remember Biden said"surge to the border" all of these are harmful!

My personal view is there will never be another new refinery built” on U.S. soil, said Chevron's CEO Wirth. “You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’”

So why would he say this???
President JOE BIDEN said so!!

So if current American refineries are at capacity because Biden said to refinery financiers and buildings... "getting rid of fossil fuels"... why
would anyone spend any money to build what takes about 10 years an oil refinery?
So Chevron, et.al. just keep raising their refining costs because they have an administration that does NOT want fossil fuels!
Plain and simple! And guess who's paying for that? Since Biden's been in office gas prices have risen 159%!
Biden 6/22 $5.032 Trump $1.938 4/20 or $3.094 increase or 159%

Read what Nasser Amin said last month.

Read what Nasser Amin said last month.

Thank you for the good article by Aramco's CEO Mr. Amin... I copied a few points that caught my attention as links to my thread. From Mr. Amin's speech some thoughts:
  • "your transition plan had better be right."
  • "And taxing companies when you want them to increase production is clearly not helpful"
  • Equally concerning is that oil fields around the world are declining on average at about 6% each year,
    and more than 20% in some older fields last year. At these levels, simply keeping production steady needs a
    lot of capital in its own right, while increasing capacity requires a lot more.
  • But when the global economy recovers, we can expect demand to rebound further, eliminating the little spare oil production capacity out there. And by the time the world wakes up to these blind spots, it may be too late to change course.
  • Meanwhile, chemicals will become a much larger and more strategic part of our portfolio, showcasing the non-combustible uses of oil.
There seems to be NO transition plan from a president who says "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels

Note the comment about "non-combustible uses of oil"...
So if we stop using oil, how will you get tires for your EV from non-combustible oil uses?
The manufacture of tires use 7 gallons of oil to make one tire of the 2 billion tires produced annually.
That's 254,545,455 barrels of oil. What will replace oil in producing tires as Biden guarantees to eliminate fossils fuels?

Thank you for the good article by Aramco's CEO Mr. Amin... I copied a few points that caught my attention as links to my thread. From Mr. Amin's speech some thoughts:
  • "your transition plan had better be right."
  • "And taxing companies when you want them to increase production is clearly not helpful"
  • Equally concerning is that oil fields around the world are declining on average at about 6% each year,
    and more than 20% in some older fields last year. At these levels, simply keeping production steady needs a
    lot of capital in its own right, while increasing capacity requires a lot more.
  • But when the global economy recovers, we can expect demand to rebound further, eliminating the little spare oil production capacity out there. And by the time the world wakes up to these blind spots, it may be too late to change course.
  • Meanwhile, chemicals will become a much larger and more strategic part of our portfolio, showcasing the non-combustible uses of oil.
There seems to be NO transition plan from a president who says "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels

Note the comment about "non-combustible uses of oil"...
So if we stop using oil, how will you get tires for your EV from non-combustible oil uses?
The manufacture of tires use 7 gallons of oil to make one tire of the 2 billion tires produced annually.
That's 254,545,455 barrels of oil. What will replace oil in producing tires as Biden guarantees to eliminate fossils fuels?

Thanks. I can't cut and paste from the tablet.

Forum List

Back