My next ride

Jarlaxle

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2012
New England
(Figured I'd post since this was my idea!)

00R0R_1fdTPIv0q8Z_600x450.jpg

Suzuki AN400 Burgman.

That's very nice! A good friend of mine owns one of these and absolutely adores it!

3-wheel-scooter-photo.jpg

jaraxle, did you consider the competitive models from Honda and Yamaha? I like the Burgman and took one for a test ride, but I'd heard that maintenance could be very costly (valve adjustment?).

If I can find a good aftermarket stereo for one, I think my "final" MC will be a Burgman 650 Executive. Better for 2-up riding.

Sorry, I don't get it. There isn't much storage space, which seems like local shopping/commuting is the purpose. They could have a nice molded box on the rear.

jaraxle, did you consider the competitive models from Honda and Yamaha? I like the Burgman and took one for a test ride, but I'd heard that maintenance could be very costly (valve adjustment?).

If I can find a good aftermarket stereo for one, I think my "final" MC will be a Burgman 650 Executive. Better for 2-up riding.

Honda has no direct competitor: the new Forza is smaller (300cc)...and being new for 2014, would cost more. (And it's built in China.) The 600cc Silverwing is larger than the AN400 (it would compete with the Burgman 650)...and it's essentially a carryover model from ten years ago with minimal updates.

I'm just not impressed with the Yamaha Majesty...smaller floorboards (I wear size 11EEE boots), ABS is tough to find. Also, simply finding a used Majesty for sale in this area can be tough!

Sorry, I don't get it. There isn't much storage space, which seems like local shopping/commuting is the purpose. They could have a nice molded box on the rear.

Seriously?!?! There is HUGE storage! The under-seat bin will take two full-face helmets, one and a laptop case, or four grocery bags. You don't NEED a trunk on a Burgman!

Seriously?!?! There is HUGE storage! The under-seat bin will take two full-face helmets, one and a laptop case, or four grocery bags. You don't NEED a trunk on a Burgman!
I didn't know. That makes a big difference of course.:clap2:

Forum List

Back