Decent Knife Find....$15.00 Older Cold Steel SRK Carbon V-III

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I went to my LGS this morning and they were sorting through a bunch of bayonets that they got in yesterday.

I spied a older beat-up Cold Steel fixed-blade and asked how much....$15.00....So I bought it.

cs 003 (2).JPG

cs 002 (2).JPG

As you can see it was well used. I put a decent edge back on it. It will do for it's intended purpose to ride in the storage bin of my 4-wheeler.

Had it been in better shape (and without Clute crudely etched into the blade) they sell for around $150.00 or so. The newer knives are made in Japan with the last Carbon V blade being made in the USA in 2007. They say Camillus made the blades.

It's a long discontinued model (made between '95 - '97) and has been superseded by several variations since. The first one was made in 1990.

Here is a old thread on the history of the knife:

I spied a older beat-up Cold Steel fixed-blade and asked how much....$15.00....So I bought it.
Had it been in better shape (and without Clute crudely etched into the blade) they sell for around $150.00 or so. The newer knives are made in Japan with the last Carbon V blade being made in the USA in 2007. They say Camillus made the blades.

I have one just like that, made in the USA Carbon V SRK, except that mine is all still just like new. Company that I bought it from said that it was the only knife they ever tested that clamped in a vise, they could NOT break the blade. Great all-around general camping/survival knife.

P2190674.JPG

I have one just like that, made in the USA Carbon V SRK, except that mine is all still just like new. Company that I bought it from said that it was the only knife they ever tested that clamped in a vise, they could NOT break the blade. Great all-around general camping/survival knife.

View attachment 875633
If no markings on the other side it's older than mine.

I went to my LGS this morning and they were sorting through a bunch of bayonets that they got in yesterday.

View attachment 875562

View attachment 875563

As you can see it was well used. I put a decent edge back on it. It will do for it's intended purpose to ride in the storage bin of my 4-wheeler.

It's a long discontinued model (made between '95 - '97) and has been superseded by several variations since. The first one was made in 1990.

Here is a old thread on the history of the knife:

I hate you. I was supposed to find that knife.

Forum List

Back