My little kitty, aka little bitch!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
So you heard my complaints in the past. I buy an 8 week old kitten to keep my dog company and they instantly become buddies. Rather than keep one another occupied they just gang up on me and steal my pillows.

Well, now this little monster is growing up, and getting stronger and more mischievous. She literally makes me want to strangle her at times!

Let's start with the litter box. Unfortunately, I need to place this in my bathroom as there is no other appropriate place. The litter box is under the sink in an open space. I also have to feed her on the bathroom sink othewise the dog will eat her food (bad enough he eats her crap!). Not to mention, if I feed them side by side the little dumbass makes the mistake of thinking she'll have a little of Jerome's food. Jerome is a big pushover but not when it comes to his food!

So anyway, back to the litter box. She can't just go in there, do her thing and leave. No, she needs to spend a half an hour in there and see just how much litter she can kick out of the covered box onto the floor. She scratches like she is digging to China. She leaves, in comes Jerome for a tasty little treat, which of course leaves me losing my appetite. Oh, and let's not forget the little paw prints on my sink, which I presume are more like shit prints. I need to clean that 2x daily.

While at my computer she jumps on my printer table right next to it and cries at me. I ignore her and she jumps on the desk. I toss her on ground. She repeats her efforts and I repeat mine. She repeats hers and I repeat mine. This goes on for 20 minutes or so. I then give her a very light spanking and tell her to stay down. Well, the ears go back, the claws come out and she runs around the house like a little nutcase. Eventually she'll make her way back to my desk at 100mph and land dead center knocking everything over. I guess she'll teach me to spank her! She is relentless and will not give up until she gets her way.

Which leads me to sleep time. I generally go to sleep between 9pm and 11pm. Every night, like clockwork, she climbs on my pillow at 2am and literally sticks her claws into my scalp. This stinging sensation reverberates around my skull and wakes me instantly. We then play the 'get down' game like at the computer for the next half an hour before I finally get out of bed out of pure frustration. Why not lock her out at night? Because she'll cry at the door like someone is killing her and sometimes throw herself into the door as if she is capable of breaking it down!

I'm sure no on cares but I had to share my misery with this 3+ pound little monster.

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/kitty.jpg

Yeah? Deal with THIS coming flying out at you when you walk past...(She's about 6' off the ground, 2/3 of the way up the tree).. You've got it easy...

sigh.jpg

jimnyc said:
So you heard my complaints in the past. I buy an 8 week old kitten to keep my dog company and they instantly become buddies. Rather than keep one another occupied they just gang up on me and steal my pillows.

Well, now this little monster is growing up, and getting stronger and more mischievous. She literally makes me want to strangle her at times!

Let's start with the litter box. Unfortunately, I need to place this in my bathroom as there is no other appropriate place. The litter box is under the sink in an open space. I also have to feed her on the bathroom sink othewise the dog will eat her food (bad enough he eats her crap!). Not to mention, if I feed them side by side the little dumbass makes the mistake of thinking she'll have a little of Jerome's food. Jerome is a big pushover but not when it comes to his food!

So anyway, back to the litter box. She can't just go in there, do her thing and leave. No, she needs to spend a half an hour in there and see just how much litter she can kick out of the covered box onto the floor. She scratches like she is digging to China. She leaves, in comes Jerome for a tasty little treat, which of course leaves me losing my appetite. Oh, and let's not forget the little paw prints on my sink, which I presume are more like shit prints. I need to clean that 2x daily.

While at my computer she jumps on my printer table right next to it and cries at me. I ignore her and she jumps on the desk. I toss her on ground. She repeats her efforts and I repeat mine. She repeats hers and I repeat mine. This goes on for 20 minutes or so. I then give her a very light spanking and tell her to stay down. Well, the ears go back, the claws come out and she runs around the house like a little nutcase. Eventually she'll make her way back to my desk at 100mph and land dead center knocking everything over. I guess she'll teach me to spank her! She is relentless and will not give up until she gets her way.

Which leads me to sleep time. I generally go to sleep between 9pm and 11pm. Every night, like clockwork, she climbs on my pillow at 2am and literally sticks her claws into my scalp. This stinging sensation reverberates around my skull and wakes me instantly. We then play the 'get down' game like at the computer for the next half an hour before I finally get out of bed out of pure frustration. Why not lock her out at night? Because she'll cry at the door like someone is killing her and sometimes throw herself into the door as if she is capable of breaking it down!

I'm sure no on cares but I had to share my misery with this 3+ pound little monster.

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/kitty.jpg

Oh but you wuv her anyway!! Remember they have the mentality of a five year old, have you thought about having a front declaw assuming she is strictly an indoor cat, that would allevitate the skull massages.. Mine do the same thing but they have no claws so it's kind of cuddly and I get a nice messed up hairdo in the morning :)

Have you considered the little shock collars they use to train cats and dogs not to jump on certain things? If you don't like the shock idea, they also make some which spray air freshener.

Hobbit said:
Have you considered the little shock collars they use to train cats and dogs not to jump on certain things? If you don't like the shock idea, they also make some which spray air freshener.

I don't like the shock thing..but I am considering "regifting".. :D

Jim, sounds to me she's a she. :laugh: On top of that, between her and the dog, you're going to lose weight! Look on the bright side. And uh, don't have a pop at your computer! :shocked:

animals seem to have a 6th sense as to what drives you mad, and then do it just for your attention. basically like having kids.

we have 3 cats. we try to keep the cats out of the bedroom at night, only because for some reason, they think Tim's their personal sidewalk or wrestling mat. They all like to cuddle with me, and having them do so, doesn't keep me awake. I sleep on the side farthest from the br door. if the cats break in (our cat Milo has learned how to open our french doorhandles), they won't go around Tim to get to me. They walk over him, across his forehead, over his junk (one of our cats weighs like 15lbs)...Then proceed to play-fight. Right on him. Yet they do not do anything of the sort to me. They cuddle with me, purring contentedly, and nothing else. They don't even walk on me at all.

Aww, she sounds like fun! All you have to so is get up at 2 AM and have a little play time with her, and she'll be happy. But seriously, she will calm down when she is a little older. Right now she's a teenager and all about tearing around the house, but eventually she'll sleep most fo the time.

As for the dog eating the... That I have no explanation for. Yuck.

Forum List

Back