CDZ My gun control plan that will stop 95-99% of gun crime and murder in the U.S.

Why do you reject the proposal...... ? I am focusing on people who use guns for crime, and not bothering law abiding people in any way......

Criminals will switch from guns to any other weapon..... and we can stop hearing about gun crime....they will still bring it up, but the power they have, the emotional power, will be gone.

can you explain to me why being robbed or killed at gun point is different than at knife point??

you are still robbed or killed what they use is irrelevant

all this will do is support the anti-gun narrative...that guns are the problem and not the people,,

I can't....ask the people who want to ban guns that question. This thread is to address stopping criminals from using guns, and trying to keep the 2nd Amendment safe.

this will hurt the 2nd more than help it by admitting that guns are the problem and not the criminals,,

better to just enforce the laws we have and ignore the anti gun people until we cant,,,

compromise is never the solution

We are enforcing the existing laws, simply increasing the time served..... it only effects actual criminals, does not require any new laws....and it works.

There is no compromise here....compromise is giving in to universal background checks....which will lead to giving in to gun registration......

There is no need to register guns, no need for new background checks, no need for fees, taxes or new gun regulations...this deals with criminals...brutally....and leaves normal people alone.

so if you dont get this or some other compromise universal background checks will happen??

how about we stand firm and not allow either??

sorry but the 2nd is non negotiable,,,and making guns the center point of any new legislation just advances the anti gun movement,,,

Again...this doesn't make guns the center point of anything....it increases penalties for using a gun illegally. It really is that simple, it really is that effective.

This stops the anti-gun movement.

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
Fuck that. Why should “I”, or we as taxpayers; fund and support a person for the duration of their lives. Sounds like nonsense to me I’d rather keep my money, or spend it on something else. It’s a totally wasted investment into someone you have no intention of releasing back into society. Which means We will get no return on our investment...
We shouldn’t have prison sentences of more than 20 years. If the jury finds 20 years insufficient; then execute them. I’m more concerned about what’s fair for the taxpayer.

Hey...I believe in the death penalty...if they use the gun for murder....I believe in the death penalty...also for attempted murder....this addresses everything short of that.

so if they dont use a gun no death penalty???

murder is the crime not what they used,,,

If they don't use a gun, I don't care....... I know that if guns didn't exist, they would use swords and axes..... if you commit a crime you get punished for the crime...if you use a gun...life in prison, 30 years for illegal possession by a prohibited felon....

That stops gun crime.... then the other crimes can be prosecuted or not, whatever, I don't care for the sake of this thread...

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
Fuck that. Why should “I”, or we as taxpayers; fund and support a person for the duration of their lives. Sounds like nonsense to me I’d rather keep my money, or spend it on something else. It’s a totally wasted investment into someone you have no intention of releasing back into society. Which means We will get no return on our investment...
We shouldn’t have prison sentences of more than 20 years. If the jury finds 20 years insufficient; then execute them. I’m more concerned about what’s fair for the taxpayer.

Hey...I believe in the death penalty...if they use the gun for murder....I believe in the death penalty...also for attempted murder....this addresses everything short of that.

In an earlier post, I stated I want the death penalty for murder..... if the left blocks that, then life in prison if a gun is used...and if a gun is used and it is only attempted murder? Life in prison......

I would prefer the death penalty for attempted murder too...you shouldn't get a freebie just because you failed to kill your victim.

Your plan is simple and elegant. Unfortunately the problem is complex and messy. In theory your plan should work but I predict in practice it will fail.
Problems I see:
  • Who's a criminal? Charged or convicted, felony or misdemeanor, gun crimes only count or does failure to pay child support count?
  • Criminals will recruit kids or others without a record to carry their guns.
  • If I'm a criminal with a gun facing life I'm going to use that gun to avoid arrest and I won't care who I hurt
  • Criminals ain't always stupid. What if a criminal carries only a part of a gun and his buddy has the other part?

Yep.....but if you limit the crimes to violent crimes.....rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping... you don't have that problem...since the violent crimes are what you are trying to stop.

A felon, caught with an illegal gun goes away 30 years...now we can limit that to violent felonies, but then you risk prosecutors plea bargaining violent felonies down....

I already pointed out that gangs will start to use 15 year olds more and more for shootings.....that is a problem that would need to be dealt with too....

If a criminal is willing to use a gun, knowing the penalties......then he belongs off the street no matter what you might believe.....I am talking 95% of the criminals here...the ones responsible for the majority of the 10.982 gun murders......and for the random acts of gang violence, by forcing gang members to stop carrying guns in their jeans, you eliminate impulse shootings right off the bat.

Part of a gun....30 years.

If you bust a drug house and you have felons in the house and their is a .22 pistol, unloaded? 30 years for any felon in that house....

I never figured you as a leftist,,,seems I was wrong,,

How do you figure any of this is left wing? They are the ones letting violent gun offenders out of jail on bond, and out of prison in less than 3 years, they are also bargaining away repeat gun felonies for violent criminals.

Nothing in this is left wing...it punishes people who use guns to commit crimes....actual crimes...and leaves normal gun owners alone, and ends any new talk of universal background checks or registration...it also ends any talk of gun bans or magazine bans....

You punish the criminal, not the normal gun owner who has a rifle...

because you solution to crime is more gun laws and bigger government,,,progressive 101

Yes....I see.....you are trolling......that is why I put this in the CDZ.....

I don’t believe that murder by gun results in a more severe type of dead. As such I see no reason for a different sentencing guideline predicated on the method. And as I said before; I see know reason why the taxpayers should be expected to pay exorbitant sums of money, on account of a single person breaking the law. Who’s really being punished here?

The reason is that gun violence is allowing anti-gun activists the emotional power to push their agenda.....

The reason we need different sentencing guidelines is left wing prosecutors, judges and politicians are releasing repeat gun offenders out of jail and prison over and over again, which allows them to eventually murder people......

Letting a felon out on Bond, for second or third illegal gun possessions is what is driving our gun crime and murder rate...yet left wing judges are doing this in all of our major cities......

Prison time has never been a deterrence to crime. Many states have the death penalty but that hasn't stopped murder.

Wrong....criminals respond to penalties, which is why when you arrest them for felony gun possession, then bond them out, then, when you convict them and give them less than 3 years, they go out and shoot people.....

Long prison sentences will end this....we don't have them now..too many gun criminals get a revolving door for gun crime.

The Japanese had this problem with their Yakuza....they were using fully automatic weapons and grenades as short a time ago as 2013.....they changed their sentencing laws....life for gun crime, 10 years for simple possession, 15 with bullets or more than one gun......the Yakuza stopped using guns......

That may work in Japan. I have no information on that. But it does not work in the US.

Prison time has never been a deterrence to crime. Many states have the death penalty but that hasn't stopped murder.

Wrong....criminals respond to penalties, which is why when you arrest them for felony gun possession, then bond them out, then, when you convict them and give them less than 3 years, they go out and shoot people.....

Long prison sentences will end this....we don't have them now..too many gun criminals get a revolving door for gun crime.

The Japanese had this problem with their Yakuza....they were using fully automatic weapons and grenades as short a time ago as 2013.....they changed their sentencing laws....life for gun crime, 10 years for simple possession, 15 with bullets or more than one gun......the Yakuza stopped using guns......

That may work in Japan. I have no information on that. But it does not work in the US.

We don't do it in the U.S.......we barely keep convicted murderers in prison for 8 years...rapists even less. Chicago has a gun crime problem because the judges give Bond for repeat gun offenders....who go back out to their neighborhood and intimidate any witnesses......the prosecutors, democrats, plea bargain away the gun charge, first thing....which leaves the criminal getting out in less than 3 years.......

If we put actual gun criminals in prison for life...our gun crime rate goes down 95%......

Why do you anti-gunners resist this?

In an earlier post, I stated I want the death penalty for murder..... if the left blocks that, then life in prison if a gun is used...and if a gun is used and it is only attempted murder? Life in prison......

I would prefer the death penalty for attempted murder too...you shouldn't get a freebie just because you failed to kill your victim.
No dice. I don’t condone the designation of “prohibited person” as it’s currently used.

No dice. I don’t condone the designation of “prohibited person” as it’s currently used.

All well and good....but a felon currently cannot buy, own or carry a gun...and felons are the repeat gun offenders doing all of the shooting.....stop them from using guns, and you stop gun crime......

Lock up violent gun offenders for life, and gun crime goes away.

can you explain to me why being robbed or killed at gun point is different than at knife point??

you are still robbed or killed what they use is irrelevant

all this will do is support the anti-gun narrative...that guns are the problem and not the people,,

I can't....ask the people who want to ban guns that question. This thread is to address stopping criminals from using guns, and trying to keep the 2nd Amendment safe.

this will hurt the 2nd more than help it by admitting that guns are the problem and not the criminals,,

better to just enforce the laws we have and ignore the anti gun people until we cant,,,

We are enforcing the existing laws, simply increasing the time served..... it only effects actual criminals, does not require any new laws....and it works.

There is no compromise here....compromise is giving in to universal background checks....which will lead to giving in to gun registration......

There is no need to register guns, no need for new background checks, no need for fees, taxes or new gun regulations...this deals with criminals...brutally....and leaves normal people alone.

so if you dont get this or some other compromise universal background checks will happen??

sorry but the 2nd is non negotiable,,,and making guns the center point of any new legislation just advances the anti gun movement,,,

Again...this doesn't make guns the center point of anything....it increases penalties for using a gun illegally. It really is that simple, it really is that effective.

so making the gun the deciding factor in a crime is not making the gun the center point???

YEAH RIGHT!!!

so making the gun the deciding factor in a crime is not making the gun the center point???

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Nope....making the illegal use of a gun the deciding point stops criminals from using guns for crime..... while leaving normal people alone to own and carry guns where ever, when ever, they want....

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Nope....making the illegal use of a gun the deciding point stops criminals from using guns for crime..... while leaving normal people alone to own and carry guns where ever, when ever, they want....

ITS ALREADY ILLEGAL TO USE A GUN IN A CRIME,,,

changing that means nothing but more gun control,,,

Progressives, liberals (Democrats) don't care about violent crime committed by people using a gun. They purely want to disarm the law abiding citizen for control purposes.

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Exactly.....all I propose is increasing the time to be served......that's all....that's all we need.........

What part of that do you not understand? The only reason our inner cities have a gun crime problem is the democrat judges keep letting known, repeat, violent gun offenders out of jail and prison.....so they are incentivized to keep using guns for crime, and to keep shooting each other.....

Progressives, liberals (Democrats) don't care about violent crime committed by people using a gun. They purely want to disarm the law abiding citizen for control purposes.

Exactly.....which is why they ignore the actual solutions.

We don't do it in the U.S.......we barely keep convicted murderers in prison for 8 years...rapists even less. Chicago has a gun crime problem because the judges give Bond for repeat gun offenders....who go back out to their neighborhood and intimidate any witnesses......the prosecutors, democrats, plea bargain away the gun charge, first thing....which leaves the criminal getting out in less than 3 years.......

If we put actual gun criminals in prison for life...our gun crime rate goes down 95%......

Just because I don't accept your theory does not make me an anti-gunner. It just means I don't agree with your theory.

Just because I don't accept your theory does not make me an anti-gunner. It just means I don't agree with your theory.

Let's hash out your views then....

Please explain where you stand on gun laws......

Yet more gun laws than the already 22,000 on the books will only disarm the LAW ABIDING, which is what the Democrats and Media (same thing) want.

I see one problem with your proposal...

They're criminals. They don't think like normal people...

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Exactly.....all I propose is increasing the time to be served......that's all....that's all we need.........

What part of that do you not understand? The only reason our inner cities have a gun crime problem is the democrat judges keep letting known, repeat, violent gun offenders out of jail and prison.....so they are incentivized to keep using guns for crime, and to keep shooting each other.....

who are you to decide what we need???

sorry but I reject your gun control idea,,mainly because it will not work other than to create another law and more government,,,

Forum List

Back