CDZ My gun control plan that will stop 95-99% of gun crime and murder in the U.S.

Fuck that. Why should “I”, or we as taxpayers; fund and support a person for the duration of their lives. Sounds like nonsense to me I’d rather keep my money, or spend it on something else. It’s a totally wasted investment into someone you have no intention of releasing back into society. Which means We will get no return on our investment...
We shouldn’t have prison sentences of more than 20 years. If the jury finds 20 years insufficient; then execute them. I’m more concerned about what’s fair for the taxpayer.

Hey...I believe in the death penalty...if they use the gun for murder....I believe in the death penalty...also for attempted murder....this addresses everything short of that.

so if they dont use a gun no death penalty???

murder is the crime not what they used,,,

In an earlier post, I stated I want the death penalty for murder..... if the left blocks that, then life in prison if a gun is used...and if a gun is used and it is only attempted murder? Life in prison......

I would prefer the death penalty for attempted murder too...you shouldn't get a freebie just because you failed to kill your victim.
No dice. I don’t condone the designation of “prohibited person” as it’s currently used.

All well and good....but a felon currently cannot buy, own or carry a gun...and felons are the repeat gun offenders doing all of the shooting.....stop them from using guns, and you stop gun crime......

Lock up violent gun offenders for life, and gun crime goes away.
I’m not in favor of supporting criminals for life. It’s an undue burden on me, and the tax paying public. Once people are released from prison, or jail, all rights should be restored.

Just make membership in a criminal organization a criminal offense; when one of your gangbanging Bros commit a murder, charge all who benefit from the crime with it as well. Want to wear gang colors and tats, then you get to share the consequences of hiding behind that sort of terrorist behavior. Hope your bros don't do something stupid in a death penalty state.

Yet more gun laws than the already 22,000 on the books will only disarm the LAW ABIDING, which is what the Democrats and Media (same thing) want.

How is this a new gun law?

Again...this doesn't make guns the center point of anything....it increases penalties for using a gun illegally. It really is that simple, it really is that effective.

This stops the anti-gun movement.

so making the gun the deciding factor in a crime is not making the gun the center point???

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Nope....making the illegal use of a gun the deciding point stops criminals from using guns for crime..... while leaving normal people alone to own and carry guns where ever, when ever, they want....

ITS ALREADY ILLEGAL TO USE A GUN IN A CRIME,,,

changing that means nothing but more gun control,,,

Exactly.....all I propose is increasing the time to be served......that's all....that's all we need.........

What part of that do you not understand? The only reason our inner cities have a gun crime problem is the democrat judges keep letting known, repeat, violent gun offenders out of jail and prison.....so they are incentivized to keep using guns for crime, and to keep shooting each other.....

who are you to decide what we need???

sorry but I reject your gun control idea,,mainly because it will not work other than to create another law and more government,,,

Yes.....I get it....you want more gun control.....my idea would actually work, reducing the need for more gun laws....

Prison time has never been a deterrence to crime. Many states have the death penalty but that hasn't stopped murder.

Wrong....criminals respond to penalties, which is why when you arrest them for felony gun possession, then bond them out, then, when you convict them and give them less than 3 years, they go out and shoot people.....

Long prison sentences will end this....we don't have them now..too many gun criminals get a revolving door for gun crime.

The Japanese had this problem with their Yakuza....they were using fully automatic weapons and grenades as short a time ago as 2013.....they changed their sentencing laws....life for gun crime, 10 years for simple possession, 15 with bullets or more than one gun......the Yakuza stopped using guns......

That may work in Japan. I have no information on that. But it does not work in the US.

We don't do it in the U.S.......we barely keep convicted murderers in prison for 8 years...rapists even less. Chicago has a gun crime problem because the judges give Bond for repeat gun offenders....who go back out to their neighborhood and intimidate any witnesses......the prosecutors, democrats, plea bargain away the gun charge, first thing....which leaves the criminal getting out in less than 3 years.......

If we put actual gun criminals in prison for life...our gun crime rate goes down 95%......

Why do you anti-gunners resist this?

Just because I don't accept your theory does not make me an anti-gunner. It just means I don't agree with your theory.

Let's hash out your views then....

Please explain where you stand on gun laws......

Most gun laws do nothing they are purported to do. They do not prevent gun deaths, shootings, crime, or pretty much anything else. What they do is make it seem the government officials are doing something about a problem, while not actually doing anything.

If a gun law can be presented which is 1) constitutional and 2) will actually accomplish its stated goal then I have no problem. However, most fall into category 2 - including yours. So I oppose them.

Wrong....criminals respond to penalties, which is why when you arrest them for felony gun possession, then bond them out, then, when you convict them and give them less than 3 years, they go out and shoot people.....

Long prison sentences will end this....we don't have them now..too many gun criminals get a revolving door for gun crime.

The Japanese had this problem with their Yakuza....they were using fully automatic weapons and grenades as short a time ago as 2013.....they changed their sentencing laws....life for gun crime, 10 years for simple possession, 15 with bullets or more than one gun......the Yakuza stopped using guns......

That may work in Japan. I have no information on that. But it does not work in the US.

We don't do it in the U.S.......we barely keep convicted murderers in prison for 8 years...rapists even less. Chicago has a gun crime problem because the judges give Bond for repeat gun offenders....who go back out to their neighborhood and intimidate any witnesses......the prosecutors, democrats, plea bargain away the gun charge, first thing....which leaves the criminal getting out in less than 3 years.......

If we put actual gun criminals in prison for life...our gun crime rate goes down 95%......

Just because I don't accept your theory does not make me an anti-gunner. It just means I don't agree with your theory.

Most gun laws do nothing they are purported to do. They do not prevent gun deaths, shootings, crime, or pretty much anything else. What they do is make it seem the government officials are doing something about a problem, while not actually doing anything.

If a gun law can be presented which is 1) constitutional and 2) will actually accomplish its stated goal then I have no problem. However, most fall into category 2 - including yours. So I oppose them.

And you are wrong....longer sentences would drive criminals to weapons other than guns. We know this from the Japanese experience. Right now, criminals don't face penalties for gun crimes...they do 3 years, come out of prison and go on to commit murder....at the bare minimum, they will be in prison for life.....

And you are wrong....longer sentences would drive criminals to weapons other than guns. We know this from the Japanese experience. Right now, criminals don't face penalties for gun crimes...they do 3 years, come out of prison and go on to commit murder....at the bare minimum, they will be in prison for life.....

No. It wouldn't change a thing. Just increase costs and require the building of yet more prisons.

No. It wouldn't change a thing. Just increase costs and require the building of yet more prisons.

You are wrong. We are letting repeat gun offenders out of prison, they are the ones shooting people. A tiny number of criminals are doing 90% of the shooting in tiny areas of democrat controlled voting districts....putting them away for life saves innocent lives.

Why do you want repeat gun offenders walking around free?

Prison time has never been a deterrence to crime. Many states have the death penalty but that hasn't stopped murder.

You are wrong. We are letting repeat gun offenders out of prison, they are the ones shooting people. A tiny number of criminals are doing 90% of the shooting in tiny areas of democrat controlled voting districts....putting them away for life saves innocent lives.

I don't, but that doesn't mean I want to create yet another unworkable plan. I doubt it would be considered constitutional but it certainly won't make a dent in the crime rate.

I don't, but that doesn't mean I want to create yet another unworkable plan. I doubt it would be considered constitutional but it certainly won't make a dent in the crime rate.

And you are wrong.

And you are wrong.

Well, one of us is. All you have to do is convince the rest of the country.

so making the gun the deciding factor in a crime is not making the gun the center point???

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Nope....making the illegal use of a gun the deciding point stops criminals from using guns for crime..... while leaving normal people alone to own and carry guns where ever, when ever, they want....

Exactly.....all I propose is increasing the time to be served......that's all....that's all we need.........

What part of that do you not understand? The only reason our inner cities have a gun crime problem is the democrat judges keep letting known, repeat, violent gun offenders out of jail and prison.....so they are incentivized to keep using guns for crime, and to keep shooting each other.....

sorry but I reject your gun control idea,,mainly because it will not work other than to create another law and more government,,,

Yes.....I get it....you want more gun control.....my idea would actually work, reducing the need for more gun laws....

when did I say I want more gun laws???

youre the one pushing more gun laws in this thread

next time be more honest

next time be more honest

What gun laws am I pushing? Increasing the sentence for current gun crimes is not increasing gun laws....

You are someone who doesn't support the 2nd Amendment.....so you are trolling here.

your reference to gun offenders means they were only in there for having a gun,,,
that doesnt ,mean they spend their life in jail

next time be more honest

What gun laws am I pushing? Increasing the sentence for current gun crimes is not increasing gun laws....

You are someone who doesn't support the 2nd Amendment.....so you are trolling here.

thats exactly what it is, more laws about guns,,,

and dont feed me that shit I'm against the 2nd amendment,,

honesty is not your suit it seems

your reference to gun offenders means they were only in there for having a gun,,,

They would under this plan.....since repeat gun offenders are the ones shooting people.

They would under this plan.....since repeat gun offenders are the ones shooting people.

shooting people is already against the law,,,

And yet judges are letting shooters out in less than 3 years......and letting shooters out on bond......

And yet judges are letting shooters out in less than 3 years......and letting shooters out on bond......

got a link??

My plan stops this......

Top cop laments violence as 66 shot, 5 fatally, over long Fourth of July weekend

Between last Wednesday and Friday, 42 people were charged with felony gun-related offenses, he said, but only 15 remain in custody.

That lack of accountability for gun offenders has damaged the Police Department’s relationship with the communities most beset by violence, Johnson said, making victims of crimes less likely to cooperate with officers.
-----
“It’s not about mass incarceration. It’s not about having quotas. But when somebody has a demonstrated track record of being a violent gun offender, that should say something to the judges who are making decisions about bail. They shouldn’t be out on the street,” Lightfoot said. “We can’t keep our communities safe if people just keep cycling through the system because what that says to them is, I can do whatever I want, I can carry whatever I want, I can shoot up a crowd and I’m going to be back on the street. How does that make sense? It doesn’t.”
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/criminal_justice_reform_comes_home_to_roost.html
=======

CWB Chicago: You Be The Judge: We give you the case details. You try to guess their bail amount.

McKay was sentenced to four years for robbery in 2008; two years for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon (firearm) in 2010; seven years for being a felon in possession of a weapon (firearm) in 2012; and three years for possession of fentanyl in 2016.
-----
For McKay, who has two gun convictions and a robbery conviction, Willis set bail at….$5,000. McKay will need to put down a 10% deposit of $500 to go free. Willis also ordered him to go on electronic monitoring if he is released.

Some details that Willis did not know:
• McKay’s 2008 robbery conviction involved an armed carjacking. Prosecutors reduced the charge to “ordinary” robbery as part of a plea deal.• In 2012, McKay’s second gun case also included allegations that he fired the weapon. Prosecutors dropped the weapon discharge count and seven other weapons charges in a plea deal.• The 2016 drug possession charge started as allegations of manufacture-delivery of fentanyl, but, again, prosecutors pleaded that down to possession.

Under DA Krasner, more gun-possession cases get court diversionary program

In June 2018, Maalik Jackson-Wallace was arrested on a Frankford street and charged with carrying a concealed gun without a license and a gram of marijuana. It was his first arrest.

The Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office recommended the Frankford man for a court diversionary program called Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) that put him on two years’ probation. His record could have been expunged if he had successfully completed the program.

But Jackson-Wallace, 24, was arrested again on gun-possession charges in March in Bridesburg. He was released from jail after a judge granted a defense motion for unsecured bail. And on June 13, he was arrested a third time — charged with murder in a shooting two days earlier in Frankford that killed a 26-year-old man.

Jackson-Wallace’s case has been cited by some on social media as an example of how they say District Attorney Larry Krasner’s policies are too lenient and lead to gun violence.

In fact, statistics obtained from the DA’s Office show that in 2018, Krasner’s first year in office, 78 gun-possession cases were placed in the ARD program — compared with just 12 such diversions in gun-possession cases the previous year, 11 in 2016, 14 in 2015. and 10 in 2014.

============

Officials Address 'Vicious Cycle' Of I-Bond Violations After Violent Weekend

Many of the gun offenders arrested by Chicago police over the weekend walked out of jail on bond, without having to pay a dime.

As of Monday morning, 19 people had been arrested on gun-related charges. By Monday afternoon, 11 were back on the street, some with prior gun offenses.

“We know who a lot of these people are,” Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson said. “And how do we know that? Because we keep arresting them over and over and over and over and over again. And it’s just a vicious cycle.”

In a tweet Sunday night, a Chicago police spokesperson criticized the practice of letting gun offenders out on Individual Recognizance Bonds or “I-Bonds.”
-----

The tweet said, in part, “Letting gun offenders out on I-Bonds shows there is absolutely no repercussion for carrying illegal guns In Chicago.”
-----
In a statement, an office representative said since the beginning of this year, 72% of gun related cases received monetary bail or no bond.
==================
http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/05/man-connected-to-whitney-young-high.html

The man who is charged with driving the carjacked SUV of a Whitney Young High School teacher this week is on probation for possessing a handgun—a probation term that was cut in half just three weeks ago by a Cook County judge.

The CPD arrest report that documents the capture of Nicholas Williams on Tuesday says cops and federal agents found Williams “in possession” of a loaded 9-millimeter handgun with a defaced serial number. But, a source with knowledge of the case told CWBChicago tonight that the gun was “ditched” and weapons charges could not be approved.

The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office did not immediately respond to an after-hours email seeking comment.

Court records show that in Aug. 2017 Williams was charged with felony unlawful use of a weapon for allegedly carrying a handgun in the front of his waistband during a traffic stop on the West Side. Police said in a report that the gun had been reported stolen one month earlier.

A grand jury returned a 12 felony count true bill against Williams. But the Cook County State’s Attorney dropped all charges on May 3, 2018.

Five months after that case was dropped, Williams was charged with a new set of eight weapons felonies for allegedly carrying a handgun in the front of his waistband while riding his bike on the West Side.

----

Last month, Judge Maria Kuriakos-Ciesil sentenced Williams to two year’s probation, 30 hours of community service and 175 days time served in the case.

His attorneys asked for a reduced sentence and, on April 29th, Kuriakos-Ciesil granted the motion by reducing Williams’ punishment to one year of TASC probation and 30 hours of community service.

Forum List

Back