CDZ My gun control plan that will stop 95-99% of gun crime and murder in the U.S.

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....

that would be the worst gun law the world has ever seen,,,all the anti gunners have to do is make it illegal to use a gun in self defense,,,,and what if they use a bat or knife to commit the crime???
do they get a life sentence too?? if not why??
better to just punish a crime as a crime and be done with it,,

They can try to make using a gun for self defense a crime....that would be a tough slog.

I don't care about bats and knives.....guns are the issue.....this would end gun violence which is the key, it would take pressure off of the attacks on the 2nd Amendment....

Of course criminals will switch to knives and bats, they will also target the elderly and children, and they will attack in larger groups..and when they need someone shot, they will use more 15 year olds...

The goal is to stop gun crime....

guns dont commit violence or crimes, not to mention thats a leftist talking point that needs called for what it is,,,BULLSHIT,,,

sorry I reject your proposal

Why do you reject the proposal...... ? I am focusing on people who use guns for crime, and not bothering law abiding people in any way......

Criminals will switch from guns to any other weapon..... and we can stop hearing about gun crime....they will still bring it up, but the power they have, the emotional power, will be gone.

can you explain to me why being robbed or killed at gun point is different than at knife point??

you are still robbed or killed what they use is irrelevant

all this will do is support the anti-gun narrative...that guns are the problem and not the people,,

I can't....ask the people who want to ban guns that question. This thread is to address stopping criminals from using guns, and trying to keep the 2nd Amendment safe.

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
Your plan is simple and elegant. Unfortunately the problem is complex and messy. In theory your plan should work but I predict in practice it will fail.
Problems I see:
  • Who's a criminal? Charged or convicted, felony or misdemeanor, gun crimes only count or does failure to pay child support count?
  • Criminals will recruit kids or others without a record to carry their guns.
  • If I'm a criminal with a gun facing life I'm going to use that gun to avoid arrest and I won't care who I hurt
  • Criminals ain't always stupid. What if a criminal carries only a part of a gun and his buddy has the other part?

Yep.....but if you limit the crimes to violent crimes.....rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping... you don't have that problem...since the violent crimes are what you are trying to stop.

A felon, caught with an illegal gun goes away 30 years...now we can limit that to violent felonies, but then you risk prosecutors plea bargaining violent felonies down....

I already pointed out that gangs will start to use 15 year olds more and more for shootings.....that is a problem that would need to be dealt with too....

If a criminal is willing to use a gun, knowing the penalties......then he belongs off the street no matter what you might believe.....I am talking 95% of the criminals here...the ones responsible for the majority of the 10.982 gun murders......and for the random acts of gang violence, by forcing gang members to stop carrying guns in their jeans, you eliminate impulse shootings right off the bat.

Part of a gun....30 years.

If you bust a drug house and you have felons in the house and their is a .22 pistol, unloaded? 30 years for any felon in that house....

that would be the worst gun law the world has ever seen,,,all the anti gunners have to do is make it illegal to use a gun in self defense,,,,and what if they use a bat or knife to commit the crime???
do they get a life sentence too?? if not why??
better to just punish a crime as a crime and be done with it,,

They can try to make using a gun for self defense a crime....that would be a tough slog.

I don't care about bats and knives.....guns are the issue.....this would end gun violence which is the key, it would take pressure off of the attacks on the 2nd Amendment....

Of course criminals will switch to knives and bats, they will also target the elderly and children, and they will attack in larger groups..and when they need someone shot, they will use more 15 year olds...

guns dont commit violence or crimes, not to mention thats a leftist talking point that needs called for what it is,,,BULLSHIT,,,

Why do you reject the proposal...... ? I am focusing on people who use guns for crime, and not bothering law abiding people in any way......

Criminals will switch from guns to any other weapon..... and we can stop hearing about gun crime....they will still bring it up, but the power they have, the emotional power, will be gone.

can you explain to me why being robbed or killed at gun point is different than at knife point??

all this will do is support the anti-gun narrative...that guns are the problem and not the people,,

I can't....ask the people who want to ban guns that question. This thread is to address stopping criminals from using guns, and trying to keep the 2nd Amendment safe.

this will hurt the 2nd more than help it by admitting that guns are the problem and not the criminals,,

better to just enforce the laws we have and ignore the anti gun people until we cant,,,

compromise is never the solution

Your plan is simple and elegant. Unfortunately the problem is complex and messy. In theory your plan should work but I predict in practice it will fail.
Problems I see:
  • Who's a criminal? Charged or convicted, felony or misdemeanor, gun crimes only count or does failure to pay child support count?
  • If I'm a criminal with a gun facing life I'm going to use that gun to avoid arrest and I won't care who I hurt
  • Criminals ain't always stupid. What if a criminal carries only a part of a gun and his buddy has the other part?

We have the experience of Japan to go on....... their criminals were using grenades and fully automatic weapons for their last gang war.....it started in 2006 and went on for 7 years....now...with the life sentence for using a gun?

And.......it stops that gun criminal for life....they do not go back on the street after 3 years and shoot someone......

http://www.atimes.com/article/japans-gun-control-laws-strict-yakuza-turn-toy-pistols/

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.

“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”

The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison. If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.

---

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”

Problems I see:

Yep.....but if you limit the crimes to violent crimes.....rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping... you don't have that problem...since the violent crimes are what you are trying to stop.

A felon, caught with an illegal gun goes away 30 years...now we can limit that to violent felonies, but then you risk prosecutors plea bargaining violent felonies down....

I already pointed out that gangs will start to use 15 year olds more and more for shootings.....that is a problem that would need to be dealt with too....

If a criminal is willing to use a gun, knowing the penalties......then he belongs off the street no matter what you might believe.....I am talking 95% of the criminals here...the ones responsible for the majority of the 10.982 gun murders......and for the random acts of gang violence, by forcing gang members to stop carrying guns in their jeans, you eliminate impulse shootings right off the bat.

If you bust a drug house and you have felons in the house and their is a .22 pistol, unloaded? 30 years for any felon in that house....

I never figured you as a leftist,,,seems I was wrong,,

this will hurt the 2nd more than help it by admitting that guns are the problem and not the criminals,,

better to just enforce the laws we have and ignore the anti gun people until we cant,,,

We are enforcing the existing laws, simply increasing the time served..... it only effects actual criminals, does not require any new laws....and it works.

There is no compromise here....compromise is giving in to universal background checks....which will lead to giving in to gun registration......

There is no need to register guns, no need for new background checks, no need for fees, taxes or new gun regulations...this deals with criminals...brutally....and leaves normal people alone.

Problems I see:

How do you figure any of this is left wing? They are the ones letting violent gun offenders out of jail on bond, and out of prison in less than 3 years, they are also bargaining away repeat gun felonies for violent criminals.

Nothing in this is left wing...it punishes people who use guns to commit crimes....actual crimes...and leaves normal gun owners alone, and ends any new talk of universal background checks or registration...it also ends any talk of gun bans or magazine bans....

You punish the criminal, not the normal gun owner who has a rifle...

There is nothing that can be done about mass shootings. But crime can be fixed. You go to prison for a felony and the state says you have paid your debt to society and releases you. You get all your rights back no matter what the crime was if the state says your debt is paid you get your rights back.
Now here is the beauty of my plan if you commit another crime that is a felony you don't go back to prison you go straight to the gallows after you have had your trial with no appeal.

Last edited:

Fuck that. Why should “I”, or we as taxpayers; fund and support a person for the duration of their lives. Sounds like nonsense to me I’d rather keep my money, or spend it on something else. It’s a totally wasted investment into someone you have no intention of releasing back into society. Which means We will get no return on our investment...
We shouldn’t have prison sentences of more than 20 years. If the jury finds 20 years insufficient; then execute them. I’m more concerned about what’s fair for the taxpayer.

Hey...I believe in the death penalty...if they use the gun for murder....I believe in the death penalty...also for attempted murder....this addresses everything short of that.

We are enforcing the existing laws, simply increasing the time served..... it only effects actual criminals, does not require any new laws....and it works.

There is no compromise here....compromise is giving in to universal background checks....which will lead to giving in to gun registration......

There is no need to register guns, no need for new background checks, no need for fees, taxes or new gun regulations...this deals with criminals...brutally....and leaves normal people alone.

so if you dont get this or some other compromise universal background checks will happen??

how about we stand firm and not allow either??

sorry but the 2nd is non negotiable,,,and making guns the center point of any new legislation just advances the anti gun movement,,,

Fuck that. Why should “I”, or we as taxpayers; fund and support a person for the duration of their lives. Sounds like nonsense to me I’d rather keep my money, or spend it on something else. It’s a totally wasted investment into someone you have no intention of releasing back into society. Which means We will get no return on our investment...
We shouldn’t have prison sentences of more than 20 years. If the jury finds 20 years insufficient; then execute them. I’m more concerned about what’s fair for the taxpayer.

Hey...I believe in the death penalty...if they use the gun for murder....I believe in the death penalty...also for attempted murder....this addresses everything short of that.

so if they dont use a gun no death penalty???

murder is the crime not what they used,,,

Leftists and anti-gun loons has no interest in any of this - they don't give a hoot in hell about violent crime except as much as it can be used as a means to reduce the right of the law abiding to keep and bear arms.

Problems I see:

How do you figure any of this is left wing? They are the ones letting violent gun offenders out of jail on bond, and out of prison in less than 3 years, they are also bargaining away repeat gun felonies for violent criminals.

Nothing in this is left wing...it punishes people who use guns to commit crimes....actual crimes...and leaves normal gun owners alone, and ends any new talk of universal background checks or registration...it also ends any talk of gun bans or magazine bans....

You punish the criminal, not the normal gun owner who has a rifle...

because you solution to crime is more gun laws and bigger government,,,progressive 101

with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.
This is the mindset that is the problem.
~330,000 uses of a gun in violent crime each year -- how are those 93 deaths the major problem?

It is inter-generational terrorism. The failed policies of the old, causing the death of the young. It is causing a rift that cannot be repaired easily. And the retaliation may well be worse than the provocation. One need only have a modicum of big-picture awareness to see that the affects are not limited to the crimes themselves.

Prison time has never been a deterrence to crime. Many states have the death penalty but that hasn't stopped murder.

Wrong....criminals respond to penalties, which is why when you arrest them for felony gun possession, then bond them out, then, when you convict them and give them less than 3 years, they go out and shoot people.....

Long prison sentences will end this....we don't have them now..too many gun criminals get a revolving door for gun crime.

The Japanese had this problem with their Yakuza....they were using fully automatic weapons and grenades as short a time ago as 2013.....they changed their sentencing laws....life for gun crime, 10 years for simple possession, 15 with bullets or more than one gun......the Yakuza stopped using guns......
I can think of a worse punishment.......for them to marry Rosie O'Donnell.

rosie-odonnell-ugly-e1287361066132.jpeg

I don’t believe that murder by gun results in a more severe type of dead. As such I see no reason for a different sentencing guideline predicated on the method. And as I said before; I see know reason why the taxpayers should be expected to pay exorbitant sums of money, on account of a single person breaking the law. Who’s really being punished here?

Leftists and anti-gun loons has no interest in any of this - they don't give a hoot in hell about violent crime except as much as it can be used as a means to reduce the right of the law abiding to keep and bear arms.

Yes....I agree.....this plan actually goes after people who break the law, and makes all the other new gun laws they want unnecessary...since nothing they want actually does anything to stop criminals or mass shooters...they are just steps to squeeze normal gun owners

Forum List

Back