My first american car...

Mr. Sauerkraut

Dec 23, 2010
Heart of Germany
Hep

After driving Volkswagen for years, it was time for my first american car.

Well...whatever "american car" means...

it´s a "mercury capri" of 1991.

this is it: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Mercury-Capri.jpg

Well, it was a very nice deal. Including the hardtop it was only 200$. But it was another 1000$ for lots of spare parts.

But it runs now. In spring it will need a new coolant because the cooling system was never cleaned up. But that´s not that problem.

Babes like it. It runs and drives. but at 90 mph it starts getting very loud inside. I can´t use my 105 HP - and I have german Autobahns here. That really hurts. My old golf with his 75HP Machine ran nearly 110 MPH.

Quality is not that bad as expected. What I like is that every switch is dismantable. they can always be repaired again. But it isn´t to compare with any german car.

The Machinery of this car comes from mazda. It´s a kind of a better miata. The rust protection is very good - even in compare to the miata. My car is of 1991 and there is no spot of rust anywhere.

Well, i want to drive it next year and resell it with a new inspection in 2015. only if my wife doesn´t fall in love with it. It´s very retro, late 80ths Style. But hey, anything comes back, why not these strange buckets?

Sorry I didn't see that
My wife drives a 2012 eos 2.0T
Built like a brick shir house and goes like hell
She had a 2010 that drank oil
A lot
After numerous trips to the dealer they finally gave in and put a new motor in it at 40k miles
Immediately traded for the 2012 have had zero problems with it

It's not American. It's a Mazda design (it's a rebodied 323), built in Australia. Not a bad car, especially the XR2 turbo models. Note: an XR2 must use premium fuel! In the US, that's 91 octane (Europe, it's 96 RON, IIRC), minimum!

It's not American. It's a Mazda design (it's a rebodied 323), built in Australia. Not a bad car, especially the XR2 turbo models. Note: an XR2 must use premium fuel! In the US, that's 91 octane (Europe, it's 96 RON, IIRC), minimum!

thanks for the suggestion. I give him only the best. But it drives me mad. Anyway, until may it will become a nice sun cruiser.

I just bought my first American car. I've had Mazdas, Honda, Toyota and now American. I really loved the Mazdas, but they did me wrong on the last RX-8. Wouldn't buy another one.

Forum List

Back