My Fellow Atheists, We Aren't Responsible

See? Why do you fucking CARE?

Do we ask Batman fans why they like Batman? Trekkies who fucking dress up as Spock? NO

Same damn thing dood. Learn to ALLOW PEOPLE THEIR BELIEFS.

LOL, I ask because I want to understand. What part about asking questions is preventing anyone from believing in their religion? Talk about being on the defensive.

I would ask Batman fans why they like Batman if they actually thought Batman was real, but they don't.....that would be silly.
Batman IS real, s0n! Do you not understand this simple concept?

LOL, I guess we need to agree on what constitutes real then.

I don't agree with that. The Bible doesn't cover every known 'thing' known to man at that time. Just as a simple illustration I pointed out that many animals that were known at the time were not mentioned in the Bible. I just don't see the logic of discrediting what the Bible says because dinosaurs weren't mentioned? Revelations spoke of times to come. You really should read it if you haven't, studying about it in college isn't quite the same thing as actually reading it.

The second part we can agree on.
I don't discount it, any more than I discount Mary Shelley's Frankenstein or any other works of fiction.

I understand all were written by human, for human, in human's own image. That's not a knock.

I know you don't mean it as in insult, but millions of other people see it differently, many very intelligent and learned people. And even from a purley historic standpoint, it's not fiction.
In 5,000 years, after the apocalypse and stuff? GARFIELD may be adopted as a Diety and a whole religion formed based on it.

See? Yesterday's fiction are today's religions.

I'm not telling you to not believe in something. Practice any religion that you want. I just ask why you believe what you believe.

Do we ask Batman fans why they like Batman? Trekkies who fucking dress up as Spock? NO

LOL, I ask because I want to understand. What part about asking questions is preventing anyone from believing in their religion? Talk about being on the defensive.

I would ask Batman fans why they like Batman if they actually thought Batman was real, but they don't.....that would be silly.

Bullshit... :lol:

You said you stopped reading my posts, now I suggest some back reading, but really, my first one in the thread explains it all.

God is real. Allah is real. Batman and Mr. Spock are real. They ALL exist.

I'll wait for you to point out where I ever said you or anyone shouldn't be able to practice their religion. THEN you can call bullshit on me. Until then, please grow up.

I'm not telling you to not believe in something. Practice any religion that you want. I just ask why you believe what you believe.

No, you put down people for what they believe, it's right in your avatar and in about every post and every rude inuendo you make regarding religion.

Putting someone down is not the same as trying to stop someone from practicing their beliefs. I can think your beliefs are ridiculous and funny, but show me where I have ever once said you shouldn't be able to practice what you believe? BIG difference. If we are having an adult conversation, let's try and act like adults and be honest here.

An adult conversation? You mean where you tell someone else their beliefs are ridiculous and funny? I truly hope maturity sneaks up and bites you on the ass someday, if not you're in for a rough road. :lol:

All right, I really AM done now. I generally avoid the religion forums, in every forum I've been a part of. WAY too much bullshit to wade through, and most of it doesn't come from the faithful.

Later, fuckers.

No, you put down people for what they believe, it's right in your avatar and in about every post and every rude inuendo you make regarding religion.

Putting someone down is not the same as trying to stop someone from practicing their beliefs. I can think your beliefs are ridiculous and funny, but show me where I have ever once said you shouldn't be able to practice what you believe? BIG difference. If we are having an adult conversation, let's try and act like adults and be honest here.

An adult conversation? You mean where you tell someone else their beliefs are ridiculous and funny? I truly hope maturity sneaks up and bites you on the ass someday, if not you're in for a rough road. :lol:

So I take it you now understand the difference between disagreeing with someones beliefs and trying to actively prevent someone from practicing what they believe?

I'll wait for you to point out where I ever said you or anyone shouldn't be able to practice their religion. THEN you can call bullshit on me. Until then, please grow up.

I've never made the claim you ever said that I shouldn't be able to practice my religion. Care to show me where I did? I said it's bullshit that you want to understand why other's believe what they do. Reading comprehension is your friend, or maybe not. :eusa_angel:

And God forbid you mock HIS god 0bama...:lol:

You said you stopped reading my posts, now I suggest some back reading, but really, my first one in the thread explains it all.

Then by your definition, the boogeyman is real, the loch ness monster, the tooth fairy, the matrix, ***** vader, peter pan, etc...all real.

So I take it you now understand the difference between disagreeing with someones beliefs and trying to actively prevent someone from practicing what they believe?

I understand the difference between disagreeing with someone's beliefs and going out of your way to mock and belittle, and put down those beliefs. Apparently, you don't.

:confused: Mock away. He's not my god, or savior, or whatever else you want to claim. Again, feel free to link to ANY post where I say otherwise and then you'll have a point. Until then, you're just acting like little kids.

:confused: Mock away. He's not my god, or savior, or whatever else you want to claim. Again, feel free to link to ANY post where I say otherwise and then you'll have a point. Until then, you're just acting like little kids.

You praise him daily....

You have "faith" he will do something good for America before he leaves office...

That's ok, you're not alone in your 0ssiah worship....

I've never made the claim you ever said that I shouldn't be able to practice my religion. Care to show me where I did? I said it's bullshit that you want to understand why other's believe what they do. Reading comprehension is your friend, or maybe not. :eusa_angel:

You're right, I apologize. You never said that. I confused what you said with what Dr.House said. He made that statement and I mistakenly attributed it to you.

You praise him daily....

You have "faith" he will do something good for America before he leaves office...

That's ok, you're not alone in your 0ssiah worship....

Please give it up already. Post ANYTHING where I praise Obama. Post one thread that I started or participated in praising Obama. He's done some good, he's done some bad. I've always said that about him. I don't go to the extreme like many on this site do....in either direction.

You're right, I apologize. You never said that. I confused what you said with what Dr.House said. He made that statement and I mistakenly attributed it to you.

I never made that claim either... I said Fundie Athiests like the OP do...

Did you somehow relate yourself to him?

I never made that claim either... I said Fundie Athiests like the OP do...

Did you somehow relate yourself to him?

I don't understand your use of "fundie" atheist

The term fundamental atheist is in essence a contradiction. A fundamentalist is someone who often blindly subscribes to a specific doctrine or creed. By definition, an atheist has no specific doctrine, creed or world view associated with atheism.

So I didn't see how you really saw a distinction between atheists and were just labeling all atheists as "fundies".

Whatever, you can play semantic games all day if you want though, I don't care.

Then by your definition, the boogeyman is real, the loch ness monster, the tooth fairy, the matrix, ***** vader, peter pan, etc...all real.

Now, THAT is just too fucking funny! :lol:

Now, THAT is just too fucking funny! :lol:

Why does it censor d4rth? :confused:

Forum List

Back