CDZ My Failure of Discipline

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I failed to get out of both sides of a trade yesterday and it cost me @ $150 in foregone profits. I'm starting a thread because especially when there is no actual loss it is easy to edit error out of your mind, which is bad.

Well I have to agree that recognizing one's mistakes and learning from them is a very good thing. I suspect many folks think that's what they do, but often it's not. Quite often folks misdefine/misinterpret the nature and cause(s) of their mistake(s) and successes and thus do not learn the correct things from having made them.

Yeah, in this case I just flagrantly screwed up thinking the trend was my friend only mixing technical and fundamentals is stupid. 60% of the time the type of hedges I use fails, 35% of the time it wins one way and 5% of the time it wins both ways, which is where the money is. Only in this case I got excited about the possibility of the shortening of the feast or famine cycle for energy going into overdrive and took my eye off the ball.

You started this thread for the same reason that you press "submit" on many of your posts. You want everyone here to think you are a "player" when it comes to the stock market. You know a few things and have studied the markets. And...as a result....you think you should be admired.

Your sig line is all the proof needed......for us to know that you are needy.

It's OK. You are awesome. No need to advertise.

Yeah, in this case I just flagrantly screwed up thinking the trend was my friend only mixing technical and fundamentals is stupid. 60% of the time the type of hedges I use fails, 35% of the time it wins one way and 5% of the time it wins both ways, which is where the money is. Only in this case I got excited about the possibility of the shortening of the feast or famine cycle for energy going into overdrive and took my eye off the ball.
150 is a small cheap lesson. I had 5% of my holdings in Enron once.
Had it not been for the fact I ALWAYS move profits into other things my loss would have been huge.

Had it not been for the fact I ALWAYS move profits into other things my loss would have been huge.

Yes. We all believe that 5% of your holdings is huge. Absolutely. Why wouldn't we?

Yes. We all believe that 5% of your holdings is huge. Absolutely. Why wouldn't we?
It was not huge, you spread your money to hopefully control loss if needed.

You said it was huge. Did you forget your own lie?

I said you NITWIT had it NOT been for the FACT I move profits out to other thing it WOULD have been huge. The stock went to ZERO in about a month so MANY lost ALL.

You MAY have read about in your bathroom stall a K-Mart.

I said you NITWIT had it NOT been for the FACT I move profits out to other thing it WOULD have been huge. The stock went to ZERO in about a month so MANY lost ALL.

You said you had 5% of your holdings at Enron...a single holding.....but you didn't incur huge losses because you moved it in time. That means that 5% of your holdings is huge. Why are you acting like you didn't say that? It's right there.

You said you had 5% of your holdings at Enron...a single holding.....but you didn't incur huge losses because you moved it in time. That means that 5% of your holdings is huge. Why are you acting like you didn't say that? It's right there.
IF and I say IF I had left the four years worth of PROFIT sit in that SAME stock. I ROLL my PROFITS out and that IS a very standard BASIC concern and CHOICE you make when you START investing.

Now as four YOUR personal asinine actions on this thread.......

William and I talk money three or four times a month. We RESPECT what each other thinks and OFTEN can AGREE or find a viable to do BOTH. Come on this thread and go to acting like a jack off.

You can BARELY speak English let alone finance now can you idiot? Okay sow back on topic..

william the wie

What I do with investing is use tri-angle. Money fed at the top and constantly moving to the bottom. I have invested HEAVY in Micro-soft and 1 other. MSFT was a local stock when I first bought it at I THINK 32 dollars a share.

The other was Rainier Brewery who is owned now by somebody that sends me a check. Anyway any and all profits go down to the next two. If it still looks good buy some more.

If it PROFITS real well split and move it AND profit one to level 3. Once you have your level 3 secure and enough profit flux to be stable on another level.

Remember when I was talking up Lever Bros? They ARE making money, STILL slow but STILL steady. SAME logic applies between Soap and Shampoo as Beer.

Good OR Bad economy people BUY it.

DF I was wondering what was going on. You're replying to someone on my ignore list so all I see are your responses. Do me and probably yourself a huge favor when you have the time.

The Sunnis and Shia are buying/building missiles at a furious pace because fracking has led to a quantum leap in detecting reservoirs by the sound of the drilling in the shaft. This in turn is reducing the cost of bringing new fields on line but something like setting the other guy's oil and gas fields on fire is needed to prevent prices heading to zero. It might be possible to predict when the missile and bomb strikes are more/most likely. I'll set up a thread in the Stock Market forum.

DF I was wondering what was going on. You're replying to someone on my ignore list so all I see are your responses. Do me and probably yourself a huge favor when you have the time.

The Sunnis and Shia are buying/building missiles at a furious pace because fracking has led to a quantum leap in detecting reservoirs by the sound of the drilling in the shaft. This in turn is reducing the cost of bringing new fields on line but something like setting the other guy's oil and gas fields on fire is needed to prevent prices heading to zero. It might be possible to predict when the missile and bomb strikes are more/most likely. I'll set up a thread in the Stock Market forum.
You know those two had an argument over a pipeline that has never got built. Been a lot of fighting on the ground right where they pipeline was supposed to go.

I've set up the thread on missiles. Let's see what happens. A few caveats:

Bolivia has enough proven NG reserves to power the world for a fairly long time.

It's non-enemy neighbors Brazil, Peru and Argentina have huge reserves so they are not going to get pipeline deals.

Uganda has the same problem, only with oil.

So, any increase in price will be short lived but profitable.

IF and I say IF I had left the four years worth of PROFIT sit in that SAME stock. I ROLL my PROFITS out and that IS a very standard BASIC concern and CHOICE you make when you START investing.

Now as four YOUR personal asinine actions on this thread.......

William and I talk money three or four times a month. We RESPECT what each other thinks and OFTEN can AGREE or find a viable to do BOTH. Come on this thread and go to acting like a jack off.

You can BARELY speak English let alone finance now can you idiot? Okay sow back on topic..

william the wie

What I do with investing is use tri-angle. Money fed at the top and constantly moving to the bottom. I have invested HEAVY in Micro-soft and 1 other. MSFT was a local stock when I first bought it at I THINK 32 dollars a share.

The other was Rainier Brewery who is owned now by somebody that sends me a check. Anyway any and all profits go down to the next two. If it still looks good buy some more.

If it PROFITS real well split and move it AND profit one to level 3. Once you have your level 3 secure and enough profit flux to be stable on another level.

Remember when I was talking up Lever Bros? They ARE making money, STILL slow but STILL steady. SAME logic applies between Soap and Shampoo as Beer.

Good OR Bad economy people BUY it.

You miss the point again. The point is that you are claiming to be wealthy.....when we all know that you struggle financially. When you say that losing 5% of your holdings would be huge....you are lying.

That is the point.

Forum List

Back