Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Both parties are equally to blame

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • My country doesn't suck

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
My country, with all of its many flaws, is still the greatest experiment in Freedom that has ever been attempted in Human history. There is nothing to hate and it doesn't suck.

corporate greed is usually at the center of the problem. both democrats, and republicans serve the corporations, banks, military, pharmaceutical, prison industrial complex, etc. the same can be said about the regimes that occupy canada, most of europe, australia, nz, the usual u.s pupet regimes japan, bahrain, south korea, qatar, saudi arabia, uae, etc

My country, with all of its many flaws, is still the greatest experiment in Freedom that has ever been attempted in Human history.

Nice.

Get money out of politics & create strict term limits and we could damn well get back on track.

So you think putting more restrictions on our rights and liberty will put up back on track to have more freedom?

I love my country. It does not suck. Goes through some rough patches from time to time...but does not suck. I think the biggest problem with our country is that mo Jed influences are running the show and the folks we elect can't do their jobs effectively because of it.

If the want to serve as an elected official, they have to take their money.....if they take their money, then they are beholden to them. It's only gotten worse since Citizen's United.

'A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with a result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always followed by dictatorship.'

- Sir Alexander Fraser Tyler "Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic

Last edited:
In my earlier post.....it says mo Jed influences.....it should be "monied" influences. Typing on a kindle fire...fat fingers and auto correct don't play well together.

Our country doesn't suck but our debt and politics do.
We have 119 Trillion dollars in unfunded Entitlements,created mostly by Dem's but Pubs have done the same. This has to be reformed because we don't have 119 Trillion dollars to fund them.
We should all be outraged that both parties are robbing the SSI (spending the surplus) created as retirement for American workers. The fund was suppose to never to be touched by congress. Then look what happened 30 short years later after the bill passed. Surplus taken to help pay for the Viet Nam War by President Johnson and has been used ever since.
At least the Repubs are trying to get it out of congresses hands, but is demonized by the Dems as trying to get rid of it.
Also Repubs are trying to reform Medicare but it is also demonized by Dem's as trying to get rid of it.
America is # 1 in debt followed by Japan.
All I see is quite a few Dem's and some Repubs who are in denial that things in Washington must be changed.

Democracy is still the best thing going, but it does have its drawbacks being eminently exploitable by the evil, the ruthless, and the ruthlessly evil.
Case in point: Germany just prior to January, 1933 when somebody in Hindenburg's circle of advisors suggested letting Hitler become Chancellor in order to quell the civic unrest, the riots going on in the streets and perhaps even right Germany's economic ship. The consensus was "We can handle him. He can't be that bad"
Barack Obama announced the Democratic Party's campaign intending to "Bring out the dead to vote" in this coming election yesterday.

My country, with all of its many flaws, is still the greatest experiment in Freedom that has ever been attempted in Human history.

Nice.

Get money out of politics & create strict term limits and we could damn well get back on track.

I agree with you 100% regarding getting the money out of politics, but I have problems with term limits. I do think we would be able to come to an accord on them, however. The ability to compromise is essential in moving us forward.

Nice.

I agree, but how could term limits even come about? Not like they're gonna pass a vote on that one.

Forum List

Back