My bro is being redeployed :(

You're not a little girl, Ravi, and you hold wildly dangerous beliefs.
How do you know she is a little girl ?
If she is or isn't, does that mean that her information should never be questioned for veracity ?

18 - 20 year olds are sent to perform and are required to be reliable adults in combat situations, or are in responsible positions in support of front line combat where they must be prfessional and accurate. Lives depend on their judgement and ability.
Or they are working the cash register at a local convenience store, responsible for being accurate at handling cash, merchandise, fuels, and preparing people's food, etc. etc.
Honesty and the ability to support your statements with requested details are an every day event in real life.
No big deal if someone wants to play games here in cyber world, but curious readers are allowed to ask for clarification, aren't we ? Not to be mean, but merely to clarify.
Happens all the time. Life is full of requests for amplifiying information.

Question away, I don't care.

I'm lucky to get 3 minutes with him on the phone once a month and usually the call is in the middle of the night, for fucks sake I'm not going to spend it quizzing him on where exactly he's going or what the mission is. Last I heard you won't supposed to give out details so I don't ask him. You grill your family, I'm happy just loving mine.

All he said was, "We're going to Afghanistan." Who is we? I don't know. For all I know he took an early out and joined Blackwater. And he was supposed to be back in June but he might not be going until that time would have been up. Maybe he's attached to a new unit and they don't care what his deal was supposed to be. Maybe the whole thing is a big secret and you just didn't get the memo. Ask Petraeus next time you get together to play golf and discuss strategy, maybe he'll tell you.
I get the "memos". No golf.

You know less and are so uncharacteristically vague and strangely unaware about the simplest
details your alleged brother's alleged service.
Adult family members of people who are deployed overseas can almost always can say off the top of their heads the unit designation, exact scheduled rotation dates, often they know unit camp and location, will often ask people to send greetings to troops to unit email, and ask people to send CARE packages from home. Cookies, food, toiletries, socks, CDs, anything from home.
Most communication is done by internet and email. You don't mention contacting him that way.
Only phone, middle of the night. Extremely unusual.

Post a picture, with unit insignia or banner. All units pose for photos stateside and deployed.
Post a link. His Unit's email address where you can send greetings. All units have them.
They love getting messages.
Give us Anything that would make a reader believe you actually do have a Marine brother stationed in Iraq being shifted to Afghanistan.

I don't think you do.
Please, Prove me wrong.

WorldAHope, don't question Amanda. If you have a loved one deployed, then all I can say is good luck. And, that's what I told Amanda. Wait for the warrior to return, and all will be good.

Don't do it Amanda. You'd compromise security. And don't listen to leftist weirdos when they try to get specific information out of you. THey just want to pass it on to ppl who want to hurt your bro.

If she is or isn't, does that mean that her information should never be questioned for veracity ?

18 - 20 year olds are sent to perform and are required to be reliable adults in combat situations, or are in responsible positions in support of front line combat where they must be prfessional and accurate. Lives depend on their judgement and ability.
Or they are working the cash register at a local convenience store, responsible for being accurate at handling cash, merchandise, fuels, and preparing people's food, etc. etc.
Honesty and the ability to support your statements with requested details are an every day event in real life.
No big deal if someone wants to play games here in cyber world, but curious readers are allowed to ask for clarification, aren't we ? Not to be mean, but merely to clarify.

I'm lucky to get 3 minutes with him on the phone once a month and usually the call is in the middle of the night, for fucks sake I'm not going to spend it quizzing him on where exactly he's going or what the mission is. Last I heard you won't supposed to give out details so I don't ask him. You grill your family, I'm happy just loving mine.

All he said was, "We're going to Afghanistan." Who is we? I don't know. For all I know he took an early out and joined Blackwater. And he was supposed to be back in June but he might not be going until that time would have been up. Maybe he's attached to a new unit and they don't care what his deal was supposed to be. Maybe the whole thing is a big secret and you just didn't get the memo. Ask Petraeus next time you get together to play golf and discuss strategy, maybe he'll tell you.

You know less and are so uncharacteristically vague and strangely unaware about the simplest
Adult family members of people who are deployed overseas can almost always can say off the top of their heads the unit designation, exact scheduled rotation dates, often they know unit camp and location, will often ask people to send greetings to troops to unit email, and ask people to send CARE packages from home. Cookies, food, toiletries, socks, CDs, anything from home.
Most communication is done by internet and email. You don't mention contacting him that way.

Post a picture, with unit insignia or banner. All units pose for photos stateside and deployed.
Post a link. His Unit's email address where you can send greetings. All units have them.
Give us Anything that would make a reader believe you actually do have a Marine brother stationed in Iraq being shifted to Afghanistan.

I don't think you do.
Please, Prove me wrong.

I don't care what you think.

And I make a point to NOT prove ANYTHING to anyone on the internet.

So feel free to join the ranks of those that have asked me for personal information that were told to fuck off. :)

Everyone else SHUT UP Im talking

Amanda it's your brothers job. In the scheme of things he signed up for it as did every other person in the military. If we sit at home and mourn the deployment of our loved ones they fight in vane. We should live our lives and keep them in our prayers. They fight for us to enjoy our freedoms not be mentally bound while they are deployed.

Also, World, you piece of shit, I have a daughter in law in Afghanistan right now. Fuck off, I'm not posting any more information about her, either, for you to share with your little freak friends.

Don't do it Amanda. You'd compromise security. And don't listen to leftist weirdos when they try to get specific information out of you. THey just want to pass it on to ppl who want to hurt your bro.
Oh yeah, I'm really an insurgent looking to scam this "young "girl" into revealing classified information so I can get infiltrate the camp and do damage. What a crock.

IF "Amanda" really has a brother who is in the Marines in Iraq, she can post a picture of him with his unit, and that will reveal nothing.
Can be a pic from stateside, at their departure. Every unit has those.
She could even tell about the when and where of the departure.
Every family member has something.

And we choose not to share them with leftist pieces of shit out of consideration for the safety of our soldiers.

They dont share that information because before we deploy we are told to inform our families that they should not release that information you wackjob retard A world away from common sense

I don't think you do.
Please, Prove me wrong.

You are speaking only from your POV and experience. Marines don't do "unit photos." If some do take a unit photo, it is an exception rather than the rule.

We also don't have unit crests. That's an Army thing as well.

We called from the ship when we had a chance, and it was the middle of the night here. If we were on the ground, we had little to no contact with "the world" and e-mail would have been an awesome luxury. When we did get at the internet, it was for minutes at a time, and sporadic.

None of my dependents could tell you where I was except "deployed" and the name of the ship. Possibly the unit. The family members outside my immediate family couldn't tell you squat.

It all depends on what WE tell them.

It is not common practice to redeploy Marines from one deployment to another; although, I have seen it happen more than once. Being reassigned from a deployed unit to a unit that is deploying is the way it usually happens.

Please read the rules in regard to posting personal information publicly. That's just not a good idea.

Nor is it de trop to try to extract personal information on the open board. Particularly such specific information about servicemen in a time of war.

Forum List

Back