My boyo is getting glasses...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AllieBaba, Apr 7, 2010.

1. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Vision screening at school turned up some issues, so I took him in and he's got some significant vision issues. Astigmatism in both eyes, pretty severe in the right one to the point that even with glasses he won't be 20/20. Plus that eye is lazy (it doesn't look lazy, but it is) so if he doesn't improve in the first 6 weeks after he gets his glasses, he may have to wear a patch over the other eye to improve the functionality of the bad eye.

But the BAD thing was...they dilated his pupils! Poor baby, I didn't know they were going to do that (I've never had my eyes dilated and I've worn glasses for decades!) so I assured him the whole week up to the appointment that they wouldn't be doing anything uncomfortable. I'm now a liar.

But he did get cool disposable sunglasses to wear. His eyes were insanely dilated, still are!

For being a good boy he got a Ben 10 Alien Force "watch" that has a light and three discs with different figures (multiple) on them, so he turns on his watch and he shoots an alien beam against whatever wall he's got. Pretty cool.

He is ADORABLE in glasses, though.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    Is he farsighted nor near? My dad had that, he had to wear a patch over his good eye, it didn't help. He ended up going blind in the left eye. Don't worry though Mom because technology as grown heaps and bounds in this area since the 1950's

3. eagleseven

eagleseven Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    This boyo is wondering "She has a boyo?"

4. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    "Nature makes no mistakes." He is going to become the head of his class and anything else in life, he wishes. He will now try harder.

5. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    So that is his Democrat eye? I presume it is the left one?

6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I think he's farsighted.
    I have 3 boyos, Eagle.
    The Democrat eye is the crappy one.
    OMIGOD he could go BLIND? Nobody said anything about that! Now I'm freaked out!

7. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    And thanks Aqua, I have hopes that he will be the head of his class. He's already the #1 boyo....there's only one other boy in his class.
    Three girls in his class, though. One will give him a run for his money, though more using head games than actual scholarly adroitness.

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Yeah, they never tell you about dilating your eyes until they do it.:eusa_eh:

I don't agree with the patch thingy. I had an eye patched for a few days and the one that isn't patched can't focus on anything. The strain is too much trying to compensate for the other eye. I don't see (no pun intended :lol:) how that helps.

9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    ....if you cant see that its lazy its not much of a problem...the patch works by making the lazy eye work harder...they did explain to you that it is a muscle problem....the muscle of the lazy eye are weak ...they need exercise....

here is some info, dont let it scare you...

What is Lazy Eye or Amblyopia? Causes, Diagnosis, Detection, Treatment, Therapy, Surgery, Scientific Research, Pediatric, InfantSee, National Eye Institute NEI studies study

and lets remember this...there may be unicorns...they may exist but lets not waste our time and energy looking for them

10. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    o the football shaped eyeball....had them all my life