My AT&T settlement check

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
First, I had no idea I was "due" any settlement, or that AT&T was involved in one. It does not surprise me however, because as a long time user of AT&T the service they provide is lousy, but there is no one else in this area. Here is a copy of the check they sent me.

check2.jpg

And here it is being sent back to them.

check1.jpg

What arrogant bastards.

Attachments

• check1.jpg
    check1.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Banned
You care. You sent me the check.

That's not even worth the paper it's printed on. I'm surprised you cannot get Verizon where your located.

Net10 sent me a settlement check for I have no idea what for $15. It's been sitting around for about two months now. I don't even remember where I put it.

• Banned
Net10 sent me a settlement check for I have no idea what for $15. It's been sitting around for about two months now. I don't even remember where I put it.

DudE! That's a 12 pak!

Take comfort in the fact that the lawyers who orchestrated this settlement likely received $25M+ (25% of the total settlement amount).

I've got it all posted up and ready to go!

First, I had no idea I was "due" any settlement, or that AT&T was involved in one. It does not surprise me however, because as a long time user of AT&T the service they provide is lousy, but there is no one else in this area. Here is a copy of the check they sent me.

View attachment 75529

And here it is being sent back to them.

View attachment 75531

What arrogant bastards.

Don't spend it all in one place! :D

Take comfort in the fact that the lawyers who orchestrated this settlement likely received $25M+ (25% of the total settlement amount).
Absolutely. Class action suits do nothing for the class being represented and are a windfall to law firms. 25% is a baseline award percentage and often the percentage is higher to the law firms.

That's not even worth the paper it's printed on. I'm surprised you cannot get Verizon where your located.

I'm not surprised - no Verizon landlines here, either. AT&T has the monopoly on landlines. Sure, I think there are a couple little companies, but they don't have a lot to offer so not worth the effort to use.

I'm not surprised - no Verizon landlines here, either. AT&T has the monopoly on landlines. Sure, I think there are a couple little companies, but they don't have a lot to offer so not worth the effort to use.

And that is exactly the result that Big Government Regulation intends: to create protected monopoloy/oligopoly for Big Corporate Cronies. They hate competition, and use Big Government to squash it.

I'm not sure we shouldn't break up all the monster-size corporation and go back to local, if not regional, companies. I stayed with local banks when I was in VA until there were no more local banks to use. Wachovia takeover was the absolute worst (now Wagon Wheel bank or something to do with horses and stage coaches - I can't remember the name). Some folks used to call it "Walkalloverya Bank." Same with these mega-phone companies. No matter how good the "switch to us" deals are advertised ... none of them are what they're cracked up to be AND you're stuck with yet another two year contract..

I'm not sure we shouldn't break up all the monster-size corporation and go back to local, if not regional, companies. I stayed with local banks when I was in VA until there were no more local banks to use. Wachovia takeover was the absolute worst (now Wagon Wheel bank or something to do with horses and stage coaches - I can't remember the name). Some folks used to call it "Walkalloverya Bank." Same with these mega-phone companies. No matter how good the "switch to us" deals are advertised ... none of them are what they're cracked up to be AND you're stuck with yet another two year contract..

We don't need to do anything to break them up except to get rid of the regulations and taxpayer subsidies that make their bloated girth possible.

We don't need to do anything to break them up except to get rid of the regulations and taxpayer subsidies that make their bloated girth possible.

Whatever works, Boe!!! Good to see you posting!

I hate AT&T. As far as I know, I still have an $800 balance due with them. I signed up for 2 phones. It came with unlimited talk, and I paid an extra $15 or $20 for unlimited text. (I worked on the road and texting was how my wife and I talked) The bill came for over $800. The reason it was so high is the $0.25 charge per text for exceeding the original contract number of texts. The customer service agent I talked with agreed that I paid extra for unlimited texts. But she refused to remove all the additional text charges. I even agreed to pay those charges, if she would refund the additional "unlimited text" fee I had paid for several months. She refused. I cancelled my service and never paid them another dime.

Forum List

Back