Muslims Want Catholic School to Provide Room Without Crosses

The best solutions would be if Muslims will go back to their fu.... dirty countries and keep quiet. Nobody need their Islam in this country.

And how exactly would that be the "best" solution to anything?

Count me in on the 'this is horseshit' vote. No offense at all, but enough is enough with the everybody must be accomodated everywhere trend.

Notice their defenders and their stupidity. All Liberals.

And that is what I just don't get. There is nothing 'liberal' about islam. It is the most repressive religion on the planet today.

The left and Islamics are in bed with each other. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type thing.

And yet an investigation is initiated. On a claim that the complaining lawyer admits has no legal basis. With facts that prove it is a malicious waste of time.

since when do you agree with my assessments of what constitutes a bona fide claim?

if i were their lawyer and had an agenda, i could make the argument that if the school accepts federal funds, then maybe there does have to be an accommodation. (i disagree, but the argument could be made).

oh no!!!! an investigation?!?!?!?! what will they think of next?

How do you know the school accepts 'federal funds?'

Id like to know how "federal funds" are defined as well.

Just because you don't like something about a school, or because you think something isn't PC doesn't mean that you get to change it.

Confederates Defeat VanderbiltMay 5, 2005 - 4:00am
By Scott Jaschik
A Tennessee appeals court ruled Wednesday that Vanderbilt University may not drop "Confederate" from the name of a dormitory -- unless the university is willing to return a donation it received in 1933 at the value of the donation in today's dollars.

The court's ruling reverses a lower court's decision that allowed Vanderbilt to drop "Confederate" from the name. Students and professors at Vanderbilt objected to the name, saying that it suggested university support for slavery and was offensive to black students. Following years of discussion of the issue, Vanderbilt dropped "Confederate" from the name of "Confederate Memorial Hall" in 2002. But the Tennessee chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, which made the gift in 1933 and was assured then of the name the dormitory would have, took the university to court.

The appeals court unanimously rejected Vanderbilt's argument that academic freedom gave it the right to change the name. Vanderbilt argued that the Supreme Court has given private colleges considerable latitude in their decisions. But the appeals court said that was irrelevant because the agreement to name the dormitory "Confederate Memorial Hall" was between a donor and a charitable group -- and the government never forced the gift to be accepted.

Read more: Confederates Defeat Vanderbilt | Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed

Vanderbilt was forced to perform on a contract between itself and the UDOC which paid for a building and required it to be named 'Confederate Hall.' The name had to stay even after some students and faculty demanded that it be changed.

My son's Catholic and attends a Methodist College. Funny, I'm not bitching there's no Catholic Church on campus. Only the Muslims and Liberals bitch about such idiocy.

Oh really? I bitched about it? I'm a Liberal.

Well, could you please start bitching about it and defending the poor Muslims? For heavens sake, Bod, you - and Jillian - are confusing the less rational right wingers.

Just because you don't like something about a school, or because you think something isn't PC doesn't mean that you get to change it.

By Scott Jaschik
A Tennessee appeals court ruled Wednesday that Vanderbilt University may not drop "Confederate" from the name of a dormitory -- unless the university is willing to return a donation it received in 1933 at the value of the donation in today's dollars.

The court's ruling reverses a lower court's decision that allowed Vanderbilt to drop "Confederate" from the name. Students and professors at Vanderbilt objected to the name, saying that it suggested university support for slavery and was offensive to black students. Following years of discussion of the issue, Vanderbilt dropped "Confederate" from the name of "Confederate Memorial Hall" in 2002. But the Tennessee chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, which made the gift in 1933 and was assured then of the name the dormitory would have, took the university to court.

The appeals court unanimously rejected Vanderbilt's argument that academic freedom gave it the right to change the name. Vanderbilt argued that the Supreme Court has given private colleges considerable latitude in their decisions. But the appeals court said that was irrelevant because the agreement to name the dormitory "Confederate Memorial Hall" was between a donor and a charitable group -- and the government never forced the gift to be accepted.

Inside Higher Ed

Vanderbilt was forced to perform on a contract between itself and the UDOC which paid for a building and required it to be named 'Confederate Hall.' The name had to stay even after some students and faculty demanded that it be changed.

that wasn't a constitutional issue. that was an issue of contract. there's a huge difference.

and just to let you know... those "vampire" lawyers you hate so much are who protect your rights in both instances.

just saying.

By Scott Jaschik

Inside Higher Ed

that wasn't a constitutional issue. that was an issue of contract. there's a huge difference.

and just to let you know... those "vampire" lawyers you hate so much are who protect your rights in both instances.

just saying.

And having sent a child to a private religious myself I would bet the cyber dollar that these people also signed a contract stating that they would adhere to the norms and customs of the school including Catholic religious icons in the rooms.

As to lawyers. You don't read well do you? I have a JD and I have stated this numerous times. My siggy is a joke. Get a life.

Yes. This is the school's mission statement:

Mission

As the national university of the Catholic Church in the United States, founded and sponsored by the bishops of the country with the approval of the Holy See, The Catholic University of America is committed to being a comprehensive Catholic and American institution of higher learning, faithful to the teachings of Jesus Christ as handed on by the Church. Dedicated to advancing the dialogue between faith and reason, The Catholic University of America seeks to discover and impart the truth through excellence in teaching and research, all in service to the Church, the nation and the world.

(Approved by the Board of Trustees, December 12, 2006)

From the Student Code of Conduct:

Authentic Catholic community is born of deliberate ongoing commitment from
every student to live in accordance with Catholic values and expectations. The
Catholic University of America (“university” or “CUA”), is an academic community
committed to research, teaching, learning, and service and acknowledges
specific core values that characterize the university community in all of its activities.
The ways in which the university community uniquely embodies these core values
become trademarks of the CUA experience and an enduring part of the life of each
and all of its members. Students who enroll at the university assume an
obligation to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the university’s
interests as a Catholic educational institution
. “University” means The Catholic
University of America and all of its undergraduate, graduate, and professional
schools, divisions, and programs.

http://studentlife.cua.edu/res/docs/expectations-guide-1.pdf

Yes. This is the school's mission statement:

Mission

As the national university of the Catholic Church in the United States, founded and sponsored by the bishops of the country with the approval of the Holy See, The Catholic University of America is committed to being a comprehensive Catholic and American institution of higher learning, faithful to the teachings of Jesus Christ as handed on by the Church. Dedicated to advancing the dialogue between faith and reason, The Catholic University of America seeks to discover and impart the truth through excellence in teaching and research, all in service to the Church, the nation and the world.

(Approved by the Board of Trustees, December 12, 2006)

From the Student Code of Conduct:

Authentic Catholic community is born of deliberate ongoing commitment from
every student to live in accordance with Catholic values and expectations. The
Catholic University of America (“university” or “CUA”), is an academic community
committed to research, teaching, learning, and service and acknowledges
specific core values that characterize the university community in all of its activities.
The ways in which the university community uniquely embodies these core values
become trademarks of the CUA experience and an enduring part of the life of each
and all of its members. Students who enroll at the university assume an
obligation to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the university’s
interests as a Catholic educational institution
. “University” means The Catholic
University of America and all of its undergraduate, graduate, and professional
schools, divisions, and programs.

http://studentlife.cua.edu/res/docs/expectations-guide-1.pdf

And those student handbooks which contain this have a page stating that the student has read and understands the policy and which the student signs, tears out, and turns in to the school.

just saying.

And having sent a child to a private religious myself I would bet the cyber dollar that these people also signed a contract stating that they would adhere to the norms and customs of the school including Catholic religious icons in the rooms.

As to lawyers. You don't read well do you? I have a JD and I have stated this numerous times. My siggy is a joke. Get a life.

1. i've never seen you say anything about having a j.d. .... you not pass a bar exam?

2. why on earth would i know your signature is a joke? maybe it's just a bad one? *shrug*

so unruffle your feathers, snookie bear.

and as to the purported substance in your post... there is nothing about a contract cause of action stated in any article that's been posted on this subject.

but i suppose you can pull one out of your surmises.

Last edited:

just saying.

1. i've never seen you say anything about having a j.d. .... you not pass a bar exam?

2. why on earth would i know your signature is a joke? maybe it's just a bad one? *shrug*

I have mentioned the JD and the fact that I went to law school repeatedly. I did not sit for the bar. My life, my choice. Get over it.

just saying.

and as to the purported substance in your post... there is nothing about a contract cause of action stated in any article that's been posted on this subject.

Maybe she meant Jack Daniels... :dunno:

I don't think so, but I believe by registering and enrolling you automatically agree to the code of conduct. My son went there for two years. They have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for drinking, drugs, and sex. I was a nervous wreck (not that my angel child would ever....lol)

But their conservative policies attracti many of these Muslim students. They may be hurting their own interests. Although it's probably only a handful of troublemakers. Usually is.

I'll fix this issue...
ExorcistPriestHouse_sm.jpg

Last edited:

just saying.

I found the sig amusing. But i love telling lawyer jokes.

The university has not allowed Muslim students to form a Muslim student group and to let them have a plain room without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The university wants to take their money but treat them like second class students. It's bull.

They may be a Catholic university, but unless they only want Catholic students they ought to be more sensitive to other religions and cultures.
Why would a Muslim even go to a Catholic University except to cause problems?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

This is from an NPR interview last year with the President of CUA. 91 Muslim students out of 7000. And prob. only a half dozen complaining. :doubt:

"Catholic campuses had a higher population of Muslim students than the average four-year institution in 2009, according to a recent report by The Washington Post. Students cite the appeal of shared values. However, tensions can rise when Muslim students want to carve out their own space through Muslim prayer rooms, Muslim chaplains and student organizations. Host Michel Martin speaks with John Garvey, president of The Catholic University of America about the influx of Muslim students enrolling in Catholic colleges."

Ungrateful bastards. They are jealous of the kids at Georgetown, where the university has bent over backwards, corrupted by Arab petro-dollars. And they will gladly remove their crosses for whomever asks.

Hey kids - do your effin homework and maybe you can get into Georgetown too. :cool:

Its pretty obvious they want to convert these Catholic schools into Islamic centers of learning.

Muslims want to convert the entirely Universe to their idiocy pedophile teaching. Many non-Muslims demand that Muslims must go back if they do not accept our culture, religion and values. We do not need this people in our countries.

Better Hundred Chinese or Christian Africans as a Muslim Immigrant.
I've heard about more Christian pedophiles than Muslim ones.

You're the prime example of why I hate organized religion. Shut up.:evil:

Forum List

Back