Muslims Fundraise To Repair Vandalized St. Louis Jewish Cemetery

OK... Positive events and actions good deal, so will you give Trump credit for bringing about better things in America ??

Nope, because this is the first time he's spoken on a subject like this. Chances are, if this is a hate crime, it was spurred on by the election of Trump.
Never happened before Trump?

Not as far as I'm aware. If this many gravestones had been knocked over before, I'm sure it would have made the news then as well, but I've never heard of a story like this, and I watch an OBSCENE amount of news. Been that way since I retired back in 2002.

50 vandalized over a year ago

Indiana Jewish cemetery vandalized

That Trumps fault too?

Nope, that was spurred on by the anti BDS legislation that Indiana passed. Someone was protesting that. And, based on the reason as well as the place that was targeted, yeah, I'd call this one a hate crime as well.

They figure out who and why this happened?

Before Trump comes to an end, all races in this country will unite....except for rednecks, hillbillies and hicks
Lol...the only reason you're right, is due to the fact
that rednecks, hillbillies and hicks aren't a race!

It's a derogatory stereotype... you know, like n1gger!

Yep those evil Muslims

All across america Jewish and Muslim communities are coming together

Muslim activists Linda Sarsour and Tarek El-Messidi have started a crowdfunding campaign to support the repair of a St. Louis Jewish cemetery that was vandalized over the weekend

"Through this campaign, we hope to send a united message from the Jewish and Muslim communities that there is no place for this type of hate, desecration, and violence in America,”

Muslims Fundraise To Repair Vandalized Jewish Cemetery
Um, 2 Muslims started a gofundme, but it's non-muslims who are donating the money.

Come talk to us when you see MILLIONS of Muslims doing something useful.

Chances are, this was a bunch of young white teens who thought it would be cool to kick over gravestones. Me personally? Dunno if it is a hate crime or not, because all the way back when I was a kid, I'd heard stories of some of the other kids doing something similar when they couldn't find a cow to tip.

However, based on the fact that this is a Jewish cemetery exclusively, the targeting of this particular cemetery speaks strongly to the possibility.
Just an excuse, because we had vandles go through our cemetery (Presbyterian), and yep it was just wresteless teens up to know good. In this political environment of gotcha politics, everything that moves or takes place right now is suspect. The left is jumping at shadows right now, but if they would just back up and think for a second, they might see the light of day in their eyes again.

Was the graveyard used exclusively by Presbyterians only? If so, then there may have been a religious reason for them doing it, which could qualify it as a hate crime. HOWEVER.........if it is a cemetery that accepts all Christian denominations, then it's just simple vandalism by idiot teens.
. It accepts all denominations. It was just vandlism period, and to your other point, I'm sure the teens didn't do a survey about whether or not it only accepted Presbyterian or various denominations and/or non-denominational people.

Who vandalized the cemetery...?

Who knows, but I really doubt it was Muslims.
Why?

I just do not think Muslims would do that. In Dearborn MI, there is seldom a problem till the born again Christians come and tell them they are going to hell and trying to cause a riot. Dearborn use to have a RC mayor, he is probably still there. That is not to say there are no zealots there, I'm sure there are, every group has their zealots.

That is what happened to Pence, he turned into a zealot, went from RC to Evangelical born again, he use to be a Dem like Reagan, till Reagan made money and then he hated to pay taxes, and so the Christian right told him they back him if he would bring prayer back in schools.
I just do not think
I agree.

Til they find the culprits, everyone is under suspicion
. No one should be under suspicion until find and arrest the culprits. We have trained investigators who handle all that work, and the public should stay out of it unless they have factual evidence to offer.

Muslims raise funds to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery

"After over 100 Jewish headstones at the historic Chesed Shel Emeth Cemetery in University City, Missouri were vandalized over the weekend, Muslim activists have launched a crowdfunding campaign to help repair the damage."

“Muslim Americans stand in solidarity with the Jewish-American community to condemn this horrific act of desecration against the Chesed Shel Emeth Cemetery,” the pair wrote on the campaign’s website. “We also extend our deepest condolences to all those who have been affected and to the Jewish community at large.”
-- Linda Sarsour and Tarek El-Messidi

They have raised over $80,000 so far."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2:

Starting a gofundme page is easy, but the actual donations are coming from non-muslims.

Chances are, this was a bunch of young white teens who thought it would be cool to kick over gravestones. Me personally? Dunno if it is a hate crime or not, because all the way back when I was a kid, I'd heard stories of some of the other kids doing something similar when they couldn't find a cow to tip.

However, based on the fact that this is a Jewish cemetery exclusively, the targeting of this particular cemetery speaks strongly to the possibility.
Just an excuse, because we had vandles go through our cemetery (Presbyterian), and yep it was just wresteless teens up to know good. In this political environment of gotcha politics, everything that moves or takes place right now is suspect. The left is jumping at shadows right now, but if they would just back up and think for a second, they might see the light of day in their eyes again.

Was the graveyard used exclusively by Presbyterians only? If so, then there may have been a religious reason for them doing it, which could qualify it as a hate crime. HOWEVER.........if it is a cemetery that accepts all Christian denominations, then it's just simple vandalism by idiot teens.
. It accepts all denominations. It was just vandlism period, and to your other point, I'm sure the teens didn't do a survey about whether or not it only accepted Presbyterian or various denominations and/or non-denominational people.

No, but if you live around a Jewish cemetery, you know that only Jews are buried there. No survey required.

Yep those evil Muslims

Muslim activists Linda Sarsour and Tarek El-Messidi have started a crowdfunding campaign to support the repair of a St. Louis Jewish cemetery that was vandalized over the weekend

"Through this campaign, we hope to send a united message from the Jewish and Muslim communities that there is no place for this type of hate, desecration, and violence in America,”

Um, 2 Muslims started a gofundme, but it's non-muslims who are donating the money.

You know this how?

Yep those evil Muslims

You know this how?
Um, 44 years of life experience tells me that muslims arent known for donating to jewish charities.

Yep those evil Muslims

You know this how?
Um, 44 years of life experience tells me that muslims arent known for donating to jewish charities.

In other words, you don't know this.

Yep those evil Muslims

You know this how?

No, i know it., and so do you. You just dont have the integrity to admit it.

Yep those evil Muslims

Yep those evil Muslims

You know this how?

Nope he does not

Forum List

Back