Muslim world: Science, Environment, Standardization.

Ekrem is no friend of the US. If you have read his posts you would know that.

I've figured the USA all-out without ever stepping a foot on its soil. All through my interaction here.

- You've brought Al-Qaeda to our door-steps where it was not before.
- You've involved yourself in the region's Kurdish politics
- Your congress is every year messing with the Armenian issue.
- Your newspapers by specific Lobby groups are full with Turkey bashing, long before the Flotilla incident ever happened. With those artiles 1:1 being translated into Turkish newspapers.

You even wanted us to apologize to you for not invading Iraq with you.
Wolfowitz, Deputy Defence Secretary of those times:
“Lets have a Turkey that steps up and says we made a mistake.
We should have known how bad things were in Iraq but we know now.
Let’s figure out how we can be as helpful as possible to the Americans.”
US urges military to overrule Turkish government

See that arrogance?
Shit happens, Seargent.
But you have made the world in the new millenium an even shittier place to live in.
Dividing the world into Axis of Evils, starting unjustified war and punishing a whole nation collectively for things they have not done, but you simply instrumentalized the momentum with growing Islamobhobia after 9/11.
That was the time when you've failed and we will never forget this.
The whole "War on Terrorism" rhetorics, blindly giving support for Israel in its Lebanon invasion 2006 and Gaza invasion 2008.

At least we had some hopes with Obama. Now we see, that probably even the most exotic leader to ever rule the USA with heavy anti-war rhetorics in his election campaign can not resist the domestic cycles that is keeping to push the USA into violence abroad - be it justified or not. Obama with all his intentions is just a maestro playing in the wrong concert hall.

No one wants to be friend with you over here anymore. Be it Leftie, Righty, Islamist, Secularist. For years, we have taken and kept our position as most anti-USA nation on planet according to Pew. Yet, the geo-political clockwork still has not approached the 12 for our relations to depart, but we are 5 minutes before it. On 12th Spetember will be referendum over here, right after that will come election period for Parliament, so the political climate currently is heavily inclined into domestic issues. After that period is over, we will re-plug our cable into foreign policy. With Palestine the No. 1 issue - independent from which government gets elected, course of action stays only style in persuing it might change with varying government options. So be prepared for successive crises with your AIPAC congress. Your whole Middle East policy is antithetical to solving the Palestine issue.
If Turkey can not solve Palestine today, it can tomorrow by its own ascendance within changing world order. In between today and tomorrow our relations will break.

Please do not go on our nuts with non-issues like Hezbollah or nuclear-Iran.
The several decades old issue here is Palestine, the 1967 borders and a divided Jerusalem including return of Palestinian refugees in neighbouring countries to their homelands. All other issues are artificial agenda-setting and not priority for the region. If the US does not study this situation carefully, it will end up on the looser seat of all seats influencing the Middle East and maybe the Greater Middle East tomorrow.
The cynicism here is, that you have yourself kickstarted all this by invasion of Iraq.
If you had not, Iran probably would be the same geo-political shithole it was for 30 years that no one wanted to touch and Turkey still would be a foreigner to the whole Middle East theater.

We want to see US commitment to peace and solving the Palestine issue. Though we clearly see that commitment will never come besides rhetorics. Israel will keep hiding behind USA, and force the USA into stress with Turkey through its Lobby proxies. If there is peace over here, Turkey wins by full-fledged integration with the region EU style and playing the Germany role in its formation.
If stress and chaos is to continue the Israelis and Iranians will play a role exceeding their actual socio-economic power base, the status-quo.

All my threads such as these about science, industry civil society and soft-power should show you, that we are no paper-tiger in pursuing our strategy.
We are the most potent state over here, with the other contenders for regional hegemony only having a fraction of our capabilities.
We started to canalize these capabilities into the region only after 2003 with US invasion, to be correct in November 2007 after Bush-Gul meeting and go-ahead for operations within Iraq by Airforce and ground-troops.
The impact so far has been satisfactory in general.

dni.gov
“We continue to assess Iran is keeping open the option to develop nuclear weapons in part by developing various nuclear capabilities that bring it closer to being able to produce such weapons, should it choose to do so. We do not know, however, if Iran will eventually decide to build nuclear weapons.”
http://www.dni.gov/testimonies/20100202_testimony.pdf

P.S:
USA should urgently reform its political system by sanctioning capitalism in elections.
In no other country business and lobby groups flex such influence through campaign-raisers over elections.

I mentioned here several times EU accession. Turkey will never join.
Still the accession talks continue, as no alternative framework has been formulated by EU to approach Turkey with.
The EU countries don't have a common stance how to proceed with Turkey. Once they made their mind-up, EU and Turkey will sit on a table and formulate a political agreement which will define playing rules for the bilateral relations throughout the next decades.
Accession talks are low-profile at the moment and on automatic fly-mode.
There is almost no media coverage anymore of accession talks.
Stopping the talks by either side at the moment would lead to total abolishment of successive achievements and commitements in bilateral relations.
Once the accession talks are stopped, EU and Turkey will wakeup in the 50's or 60's of last century.
So talks continue till an alternative framework has been formulated.

We are already part of EU common market since 1996. The start of accession talks in 2005 was just logic evolution of existing relations.
Both EU and Turkey will settle with some sort of "priviligized partnership". Some sort of membership without being member.
Turkey will get vote in decision making of EU's defence policy and it will be included in any set-up of EU peacekeepers. Access to several intra-EU funds in science and industry projects.

Rejecting Turkey is only rhetorics for local elections in specific member states of EU, in diplomacy-world Turkey must be convinced not to pursue anymore full integration with EU as full-fledged member.
Rejecting Turkey is immense PR damage for EU in muslim world and increasing stress in Muslim assets of Balkans where Turkey has its cloud over. Also EU-Turkey relations would become very hostile and nasty.
Not wanting to marry does not mean being hostile against each other.
We simply do not fit together. The EU of today would cease to exist with its German-French core once Turkey joins EU as full-fledged member.
Turkey would immediately become most populous EU member and relocate away the classical power-balance within EU. That is also the reason why the Brits and Italians are most supportive of Turkish membership. They are seeing Turkey as the ally to break up the French-German composition in supremacy over EU's internal institutions.

We will work together in economic, energy and security sphere with EU. Continuation of current relations on better quality.
We will set-up our own EU - dubbed Mini-Ottoman 2.0.
First steps have been done for this with the agreement to establish common market between Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria
They are economical midgets, in less then 10 years they are full extension of Turkish economy.
As I said in the post to the user Seargent: If there is peace in region, Turkey wins.

LINK: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon Establish Free-Zone - Online Investment Community - World Market Media

3010200914521881922003.jpg

Last edited:
(...)
My Uncle, who fought in the Korean conflict fought along side Turkish troops, folks.

They, on behalf of the United Nations, fielded quite a formitable army for that conflict.

According to my Uncle (a Major in the artillary) the Chinese/NK avoiding attacking the Turkish lines precisely because they were so formitable.

Yeah, That's right, kids, Turkey (a nation of Islam) was our ally in that conflict, too.

Turkey has been an ally of the US YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.

S. perhaps a little respect given to an allied nation of the USA's wouldn't be a bad idea, know what I mean?

Well, I know some of you will understand my point.

Turkey is NOT the enemy.

Lieutenant Colonel Anthony B. Herbert (United States Army, Retired)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Herbert_(US_soldier)
Most decorated soldier of both Korea and Vietnam War.

In his auto-biography, Soldier, he writes:
The Turks were of about a company size. We established a perimeter on our hill and sat back to wait for some further word. I didn't speak their language and nobody in their group spoke English, so we spent a cold, quiet night and the next morning found ourselves surrounded by Chinese. I was nervous.
There I was with a unit that had never been in combat before, we were surrounded and I couldn't even talk to them. They couldn't have been happier. They were having a picnic. Every way they looked, it was the front. They could fire in any direction and kill Chinese. They used up most of the morning doing just that, while I sat around trying to figure out how I could get the hell out of there. By the time the sun was high, everybody's ammo was low, but the Turks were calm as hell about it.
They formed a skirmish line, fixed their bayonets and faced north with grins on their faces. I saw the direction they were facing and knew instantly it wasn't where I wanted to go. I jumped up and jammed my fist to the south. Their line whirled, and I suddenly found myself swept along in one of the most sucessful, old fashioned bayonet charges of the entire Korean War. I learned a lesson from that.
The Turks are never trapped. It's the people who surround them who are in trouble. Watching them use their bayonets that day was a revelation: They were dervishes. They had a peculiar style--one I hadn't learned back at Benning. They lunged, drove the bayonet into the abdomen, whirled, struck down hard on top of the rifle with their left hand and consequently disembowled their victims. My most vivid memory of that charge is of my gratitude to God or the United Nations or whoever was responsible for putting the Turks on our side.

Blog of Chief Editor of Foreign News Service at Hürriyet, Turkey's biggest newspaper.
The Istanbulian: A Just War?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back