Muslim leader calling for D.C. anti-ISIS rally: Kudos for Imam Talal Eid

how many american mosques fly an american flag

I have never looked to see how many worship centers of any kind fly one.

But it took me five seconds to find a mosque that does:

kcm9zn.jpg
i live near dallas..which has alot of mosques and have not seen one fly a us flag yet.

the only time they fly one is when some muslim commits terror and they dont want the back lash and fly it for a week or two then take it down

His mosque is located close to Wayland, Mass.......been there for prayers many times ......has a very educated and progressive membership. (doctors, lawyers, real estate investors, university professors, etc.)

Unfortunately, it's located out in the middle of nowhere.

Because none of the surrounding towns would issue a permit to build a mosque within their city limits. ...... :cool:

icbwidespring.jpg

do you not believe that towns have the right to deny a building permit?.
My town denies building permits all the time

If the reason is valid. Was theirs?

It is very easy to come up with a VALID reason------just "well----the people nearby---in nearby houses ----do not want the increased traffic" Uhm...... "the
people nearby do not want that NAMAZ thing blasting out thru the day' really---
it just takes a bit of a consensus of objection and its a GONER

So no, the reasons aren't valid and are rooted in Islamaphobia.

Essays

His mosque is located close to Wayland, Mass.......been there for prayers many times ......has a very educated and progressive membership. (doctors, lawyers, real estate investors, university professors, etc.)

Because none of the surrounding towns would issue a permit to build a mosque within their city limits. ...... :cool:

icbwidespring.jpg

It is very easy to come up with a VALID reason------just "well----the people nearby---in nearby houses ----do not want the increased traffic" Uhm...... "the
You build it near a church.
Madison mosque dispute

icbwidespring.jpg

You build it near a church.
Madison mosque dispute

still------objection can be CONJURED. Have you ever experienced the HEARINGS devoted to this issue? I have. In fact I had a bit of a success
in keeping a new building a distance NOT PLANNED by the potential builder---
from my own house. I objected. It worked Of course I had a valid
reason-----the builder congratulated me

Here's a flag that was flown outside a mosque in Phoenix:

o89h6u.jpg

Muslim leaders have been publicly criticizing radical terrorists for a long time now. Fox News and all the usual suspects have just chosen not to tell you that, and then ask, "How come no Muslims are speaking out?"

So this is not "long overdue". It has been going on for a while. It's long overdue for the rubes to notice.

I'm of the belief that it's ludicrous to expect the Muslim community to speak out against other Muslims every time some psycho whack job loser commits a terror attack. It's the largest religion in the world and they are going to have "X" amount of crazies like others do.

I certainly didn't apologize for that maniac who shot up the black Church.

And I sure as hell wish people would realize that Muslims kill other Muslims in terror attacks a quizzillion times more than they take out others.

Old Uncle Abdul doesn't get invited to the wedding party so he crashes it in a suicide vest. This crap goes on all the time.

I wanted to get this Imam's name out there because he will help put a face to those who have had it up to here with the disturbing increase in terror attacks world wide.

He deserves recognition.

And I sure as hell wish people would realize that Muslims kill other Muslims in terror attacks a quizzillion times more than they take out others.

I've been pointing this out for a very long time.

The refugees hate the terrorists more than we do.

Matthew 25:31-46.

Muslim leaders have been publicly criticizing radical terrorists for a long time now. Fox News and all the usual suspects have just chosen not to tell you that, and then ask, "How come no Muslims are speaking out?"

So this is not "long overdue". It has been going on for a while. It's long overdue for the rubes to notice.

I'm of the belief that it's ludicrous to expect the Muslim community to speak out against other Muslims every time some psycho whack job loser commits a terror attack. It's the largest religion in the world and they are going to have "X" amount of crazies like others do.

Old Uncle Abdul doesn't get invited to the wedding party so he crashes it in a suicide vest. This crap goes on all the time.

I wanted to get this Imam's name out there because he will help put a face to those who have had it up to here with the disturbing increase in terror attacks world wide.

He deserves recognition.

you are naïve. Terrorism is not a crime in Islamic circles------if a muslim slits the throats of the enemy infants-----he gets a free pass to JANNAH --------an ameircan Imam has declared some terrorist actions in the USA "wrong"------millions of
muslims around the world are celebrating. The US is not the only victim----in ISLAMIC LAW-----the murder of a non muslim------Christian, Jew, hindu etc CANNOT BE CONSTRUED AS A CAPITAL CRIME------but in ISLAMIC LAW--- if a
non muslims "insults" a muslim ----that is a CAPITAL CRIME. Islam is Islamic law. My educated guess is that the IMAM in question is playing politics

Dr. Zuhdi Jasser would come on the Roy Green radio show regularly and discuss terrorism and Islam. Sadly my radio station isn't carrying Green any more and I miss hearing him.

42.thumbnail.jpg

"Dr. Zuhdi Jasser is aghast at the ignorance and arrogance of Barack Obama, John Kerry, Chuck Hagel, Jeh Johnson, and Josh Earnest who presume to tell the world what is, and is not, Islamic. Says Jasser, the behavior of ISIS/ISIL most certainly isIslamic, in its fundamentalist form, and by pretending and posturing otherwise, Obama et al are burying efforts like Jasser’s to reform Islam from within.

Zuhdi Jasser is an American physician, a devout Muslim, a former US Navy Lt. Commander, and a leader in the struggle within Islam to reform the religion away from Wahhabism and other fundamentalist versions and towards western democratic norms.

Boldly and unequivocally, Jasser says that Muslims have a problem, Muslims need to own it, and little progress can be made when people like Barack Obama and John Kerry spread confusion and falsehoods that undermine efforts like his and those of other reformers.

Dr. Jasser has written a book on reform titled: A Battle for the Soul of Islam, an American Muslim’s Fight to Save His Faith. He is also a founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, based in Phoenix, Arizona."

More at link:

Dr. Zuhdi Jasser Smacks Down Obama’s “ISIS is not Islamic” Proclamation

I've been pointing this out for a very long time.

The refugees hate the terrorists more than we do.

Matthew 25:31-46.

Many have fled their homelands to escape the radicals. I brought up Dr. Jasser who has been fighting radical Islam very publicly for many years. Another advocate that is very outspoken up here is a great writer Tarek Fatah. He's probably the best known in Canada.

But one of my favorite authors is Raheel Raza. She's famous for her "Their Jihad --- Not my Jihad."

icbwidespring.jpg

Yes...they tried that around here with a Mormon church and a Buddhist temple.

He deserves recognition.

you are naïve. Terrorism is not a crime in Islamic circles------if a muslim slits the throats of the enemy infants-----he gets a free pass to JANNAH --------an ameircan Imam has declared some terrorist actions in the USA "wrong"------millions of
muslims around the world are celebrating. The US is not the only victim----in ISLAMIC LAW-----the murder of a non muslim------Christian, Jew, hindu etc CANNOT BE CONSTRUED AS A CAPITAL CRIME------but in ISLAMIC LAW--- if a
non muslims "insults" a muslim ----that is a CAPITAL CRIME. Islam is Islamic law. My educated guess is that the IMAM in question is playing politics

This is why I admire Jasser. He's balls to the walls that this is a Muslim problem and Muslims have to "own it".

Nice.

This has to happen loudly and publicly AND IN MOSQUES from coast to coast.

This has to be part of the solution.

Good for him.

It has... Fox News has just concentrated on the few whack jobs... Moderate Muslim and Imans have heavily criticised extremism.

Did not hear in London during the knife attack.

'You ain't no Muslim, bruv' is the most London response to Leytonstone attack

This is Muslims telling the radicals...

I come from Ireland where for twenty years the IRA killed kids and innocent people in Ireland's name. They never represented Ireland or the vast vast majority of Irish people. They caused Irish to be vilified no matter what they said.
Actually most of the Maggie Thatcher policies prolonged the war and used as a recruitment tool for the IRA.

This is a very brave step for such a prominent Imam to take this stand in such a public way. And he's moving on talking with other leaders to plan this March. I hope many others will stand with him.

"The founder of the Islamic Institute of Boston says now is the time for Muslims to plan a massive march on the nation’s capital to denounce the escalating terror attacks — a springtime demonstration to deliver a simple message to extremists: “Go to Hell.”

Imam Talal Eid, founder of the Boston center, told the Herald he has reached out to Muslim leaders throughout the United States to start planning for a march on Washington, D.C.

“I would carry the largest banner ever saying: Not in my name. Go to Hell,” he said. “Muslim scholars need to say anyone who participates in such killings, the Islamic centers will not provide any burial services. We Muslims need to be clear as Muslims.”

Eid, a graduate of Harvard Divinity School who was born in Lebanon, said the message from a united Muslim community needs to be clear: “This shooting of innocent people cannot be accepted.”

Eid said the slaughter of 14 in San Bernardino, Calif., this past week and 130 in Paris last month is calling out for a response.

“Things are escalating. Paris, Tunisia, Lebanon, the United States. What are we waiting for?” added Eid, who recently left the Bay State to lead a Muslim center in Toledo."

092714imam01.jpg

MAKING A STAND: Imam Talal Eid, founder of the Islamic Center of Boston, has strong words for Islamic extremists, telling the Herald that the recent terror attacks in Paris and California are ‘not in my name.’ Eid is calling on Muslim leaders from around the country to march on Washington, D.C., in protest of the killings.

More at link:

Muslim leader calling for D.C. anti-ISIS rally

This i gotta see. I wonder how many muslims will actually show up?

This is a very brave step for such a prominent Imam to take this stand in such a public way. And he's moving on talking with other leaders to plan this March. I hope many others will stand with him.

"The founder of the Islamic Institute of Boston says now is the time for Muslims to plan a massive march on the nation’s capital to denounce the escalating terror attacks — a springtime demonstration to deliver a simple message to extremists: “Go to Hell.”

Imam Talal Eid, founder of the Boston center, told the Herald he has reached out to Muslim leaders throughout the United States to start planning for a march on Washington, D.C.

“I would carry the largest banner ever saying: Not in my name. Go to Hell,” he said. “Muslim scholars need to say anyone who participates in such killings, the Islamic centers will not provide any burial services. We Muslims need to be clear as Muslims.”

Eid, a graduate of Harvard Divinity School who was born in Lebanon, said the message from a united Muslim community needs to be clear: “This shooting of innocent people cannot be accepted.”

Eid said the slaughter of 14 in San Bernardino, Calif., this past week and 130 in Paris last month is calling out for a response.

“Things are escalating. Paris, Tunisia, Lebanon, the United States. What are we waiting for?” added Eid, who recently left the Bay State to lead a Muslim center in Toledo."

092714imam01.jpg

MAKING A STAND: Imam Talal Eid, founder of the Islamic Center of Boston, has strong words for Islamic extremists, telling the Herald that the recent terror attacks in Paris and California are ‘not in my name.’ Eid is calling on Muslim leaders from around the country to march on Washington, D.C., in protest of the killings.

More at link:

I hope many do. I know that there are many that a quietly a buzz about the rabid zeal of our leaders to prove to the world that they care more than any one else and want to rush refugees hell bent for leather into our countries without properly vetting them.

So many have left their homes in the ME to escape radicals and they sure as heck don't want any radicals showing up on our shores. A few years back we had a real battle going on to demand that Premier Dalton McGuinty not allow the implementation of Sharia in Ontario.

White libs were all for it. Aye carumba! Canadian Muslim women led the charge against it. It was close. Another issue we're aware of are honor killings (we've had a horrendous number) and abortions based on gender and of course FGM that will all surely impact our communities.

And I'm sorry as I can be but I don't trust Justin Trudeau nor Obama to do the "right thing" instead of upping their legacies.

092714imam01.jpg

More at link:

I hope many do. I know that there are many that a quietly a buzz about the rabid zeal of our leaders to prove to the world that they care more than any one else and want to rush refugees hell bent for leather into our countries without properly vetting them.

So many have left their homes in the ME to escape radicals and they sure as heck don't want any radicals showing up on our shores. A few years back we had a real battle going on to demand that Premier Dalton McGuinty not allow the implementation of Sharia in Ontario.

White libs were all for it. Aye carumba! Canadian Muslim women led the charge against it. It was close. Another issue we're aware of are honor killings (we've had a horrendous number) and abortions based on gender and of course FGM that will all surely impact our communities.

And I'm sorry as I can be but I don't trust Justin Trudeau nor Obama to do the "right thing" instead of upping their legacies.

dancer I have had some close up encounters with muslim women------and found---it is the WOMEN who are actually more enthusiastic about shariah than the men---
including ----in fact, especially including---those details which negatively impact on
the lives of their -----uhm DAUGHTERS (in-law)

092714imam01.jpg

More at link:

EXCELLENT.

I BELIEVE THE ADMINISTRATION SHOULD RECIPROCATE BY

1-APOLOGIZING FOR RECOGNIZING ISRAHELL IN 1949 AND FOR THE IRREPARABLE DAMAGE THAT RECOGNITION CAUSED 1,300,000 PALESTINIANS - FINANCIAL RESTITUTION AS WAS DONE TO THE VICTIMS OF THE JAPANESE CONCENTRATION CAMPS

2- APOLOGIZE FOR SYRIA AND IRAQ - FINANCIAL RESTITUTION - THE US TO IMMEDIATELY CEASE ALL MILITARY OPERATIONS IN THE ME.

3- STOP THE FOREIGN AD MILITARY AID TO ISRAHELL

.General Geo Marshall predicted that Israel would become US tarbaby -

I grew up in the 1950's in one of those Southern states where the Ku Klux Klan was active in the oppression of
Blacks. None of my family or any of the people we associated with approved of the Klan...but neither did we rise up and crush it....at first.

And the rest of the Nation condemned all of us equally---just as if we all were in the Klan ourselves.

I don't know if we all deserved that, just as Good Muslim Americans don't think they deserve what they are dealing with now.

But, we took the ostracism and contempt to heart, and in just a very few years, we turned the Klan into the cowed objects of ridicule and contempt...and the Klan died out.

Maybe the Good Muslims in America...are ready to rise up and crush the evil that has arisen from some of the basic tenets of their Culture...I think they have a duty to do so...just as we Southerners had a duty to take care of the cancer that grew in our Culture out of some of our old basic tenets.

Good for those Muslim-Americans who do...but until they do...we have enough Muslim-Americans to suit us for awhile.

Last edited:

icbwidespring.jpg

On the basis of religion? No, they do not have that right.

icbwidespring.jpg

On the basis of religion? No, they do not have that right.

I assure you----the written decision of the panel that conducted the hearing---did not
say "because we do not like muslims"

092714imam01.jpg

More at link:

This women is at the forefront muslim reformation in Canada ..You know her?

Canadian Council of Muslim Women:

Forum List

Back