Music Suggestions

One of the many odd things about myself is that I don't listen to music. I have never bought a tape, record or CD. I have never been to a concert, I hate dance clubs, and if I am out with friends at a bar that has a band...I will find a corner furthest away from the music or retreat outside with the smokers.

I don't hate music, it just doesn't really do anything for me except give me the occasional headache. On the flip end, I appreciate music and musicians...I just don't want to hear it unless I am in a rare mood. And the most ironic thing...I worked in radio for 5 years.

With that in mind, how about some music suggestions. I'm trying to widen my horizons and figure out why people enjoy music so much.

What is the ONE song you would recommend? I am going to download all suggestions and give music a chance. (Please no rap or heavy metal!)
Now I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Now I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
You sound like Dave Van Ronk trying to sing Hallelujah.

Nobody does it better than the composer, even with his shot to hell voice.

So I listened to all of the suggestions. Regretfully, I still don't like music. i tried...my appreciation lasts for only a day or two...then it all just gives me a headache. Thank you for the introductions; but, I prefer silence above anything. I'm weird - I guess.

Thanks anyway!

There are plenty of songs in this forum. But I will always suggest Pink Floyd

Forum List

Back