Music Is Getting Political. Name a song that is political

You people with all of your old music. Pfft. All of your country and rap. Pfft.
Ever heard of metal?
Megadeth- Washington is Next, Amerikhastan, United Abominations, Symphony of Destruction, etc.
Disturbed- Deify, Another Way to Die, Never Again, Land of Confusion, etc.
Device- Hunted, Out of Line, Opinion
Dethklok- Impeach God
Slipknot- All Hope is Gone, Pulse of the Maggot, etc.
None of you have ever listened to metal, have you?
Just to name a few.

Avenged7Fold is all political. And

When I debate people about politics I wonder "Where the f*** are you?" ^

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever heard of metal?
Megadeth- Washington is Next, Amerikhastan, United Abominations, Symphony of Destruction, etc.
Dethklok- Impeach God
Just to name a few.

Avenged7Fold is all political. And
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzd9KyIDrM]System Of A Down - B.Y.O.B. - YouTube[/ame]

When I debate people about politics I wonder "Where the f*** are you?" ^

Good point. I love A7x. Although they have some songs that aren't political. Scream is a good example. Or A Little Piece of Heaven.

Everything is political. People are still trying to figure out the lyrics of American Pie. The domestic terrorists in the 60's and 70's took the name of a Dylan song and became the "Weatherman". Did "Puff the Magic Dragon" have a double meaning? Has patriotism become a bad word? Is "Proud to be an American" offensive to some Americans?

Music is finally getting political..Or was it political before?

Today I see a HUGE step by Country music singer Kacey Musgraves stating, "kiss girls if that's something you're into".
Kacey Musgraves - Follow Your Arrow - YouTube
I started thinking about this and a few songs later I heard

Merle Haggard -- Okie From Muskogee - YouTube *note that growing your hair long and shaggy is actually a Christian movement, not a hippy movement. But don't tell the Robertsons. They will simply repeat what I just said. Christians by the bible aren't supposed to shave. But I digress......

And of course we didn't see what blacks were going through in the '90s.
Gangster rap was the art of expressing their current situations because they were FINALLY free Americans. Through their adaptation of their new freedom they made songs like. And they came out with this Bone thugs-n-harmony - 1st of tha Month - YouTube
Talk about a rough interpretation of black people struggling in America.

Today, I wonder who is the music leader on Politics.

MACKLEMORE came out with save love. It was the most directly political song in history, or maybe you can counter that, I love information. First it was MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - THRIFT SHOP FEAT. WANZ (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - SAME LOVE feat. MARY LAMBERT (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

macklemore same love - YouTube
I can't move past the irony that Obama acts like Barrett Strong - Money (That's What I Want) Barrett Strong - Money (That's All I Want) - YouTube

You serious? :confused:

There has never been a time when there wasn't political music, except before there was politics.

Here ya go Corvus, learn some culture -- Frank Stokes lampooning a Memphis political boss in 1927:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFyafuVypNw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFyafuVypNw[/ame]

--- and it goes back well before the technology of recorded music. Check out some Gilbert & Sullivan lyrics.

This thread should be in Music.

Ever heard of metal?
Dethklok- Impeach God
Just to name a few.

Yeah that's all very nice but the OP says "music". :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJqgk2XAg4k]Cream - Politician - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d8C4AIFgUg]War - Edwin Starr - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLllFMF-OkQ]Pink Floyd Final Cut (9) - The Fletcher Memorial Home - YouTube[/ame]

Music has been eyeballs deep in politics for many years

Music is finally getting political..Or was it political before?

Today I see a HUGE step by Country music singer Kacey Musgraves stating, "kiss girls if that's something you're into".
Kacey Musgraves - Follow Your Arrow - YouTube
I started thinking about this and a few songs later I heard

Merle Haggard -- Okie From Muskogee - YouTube *note that growing your hair long and shaggy is actually a Christian movement, not a hippy movement. But don't tell the Robertsons. They will simply repeat what I just said. Christians by the bible aren't supposed to shave. But I digress......

And of course we didn't see what blacks were going through in the '90s.
Gangster rap was the art of expressing their current situations because they were FINALLY free Americans. Through their adaptation of their new freedom they made songs like. And they came out with this Bone thugs-n-harmony - 1st of tha Month - YouTube
Talk about a rough interpretation of black people struggling in America.

Today, I wonder who is the music leader on Politics.

MACKLEMORE came out with save love. It was the most directly political song in history, or maybe you can counter that, I love information. First it was MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - THRIFT SHOP FEAT. WANZ (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - SAME LOVE feat. MARY LAMBERT (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

macklemore same love - YouTube
I can't move past the irony that Obama acts like Barrett Strong - Money (That's What I Want) Barrett Strong - Money (That's All I Want) - YouTube

You serious? :confused:

There has never been a time when there wasn't political music, except before there was politics.

Here ya go Corvus, learn some culture -- Frank Stokes lampooning a Memphis political boss in 1927:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFyafuVypNw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFyafuVypNw[/ame]

--- and it goes back well before the technology of recorded music. Check out some Gilbert & Sullivan lyrics.

This thread should be in Music.

No I am not serious at all. There are a lot of people attacking Political Music today. Just like there are a lot of people attacking actors/actresses.

The question was facetious but was a solid question to some.

To dig deeper into music, let's explore the Rap vs. Country Music lyrics.

Rap music use to be music of the oppressed class. But we saw a transition from Chain gang, to first of the month, and today it teaches that superficiality is not human based but profit based.

Country music hasn't changed much though. They/me are generally/typically Conservative. Yet nearly every single Country song today is about alcohol. Why? If we are Christians, what does alcohol have to do with it? NO link, just listen to Country music and note when they mention drinking alcohol. I like beer too, but wonder why Country music is turning into a Corporate machine of "It's ok you are poor, drink alcohol and expect less from your life".

Today, Rap music is now setting a better example than Country music. How is this possible!

I wondered when a strong Country person would attack the standard and when compass came out I was happy, happy, happy.

all of my questions are rhetorical and know why. $

Last edited:
Love these lyrics.

Paranoia is in bloom,
The PR, transmissions will resume
They'll try to, push drugs that keep us all dumbed down
And hope that, we will never see the truth around
(So come on)

Another promise, another seed
Another, packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed
And all the, green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined