Multiculturalism Can Kill A Nation

Just a guy said:
Maybe it was a bit provocative. Sorry. But you said you disagreed with my definition of multiculturalism. As I said, i have a hard time defining it at all. Then you tell me about your origin and I somehow got the feeling that that was your definition of multiculturalism (damn the word is unspellable too). If so, they fall into a category of people that could potenonally bring down a nation.

IF multicultural was to mean exactly this:
"Many different cultures" and only that, no left or right wing politian would claim to want a multicultural society. They define it more like:
"Many different cultures that share the most vital values of the people in this nation"
Wich your parents would fit in to, but maybe not a radical muslim, right?
The problem with that last way of defining the unspellable is that some cultures will have to change the key values of their beliefs - thus ceasing to be the same culture.

True. There must be a basic level of cultural compatibility. Maybe it's the case that not all cultures can coexist in the same space peaceably.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
rtwngAvngr said:
True. There must be a basic level of cultural compatibility. Maybe it's the case that not all cultures can coexist in the same space peaceably.

Right, a good example is how female culture and male culture don't coexist peacefully------------anywhere.

Just a guy said:
Well, I rest my case. But pay attention to when different people use this word. They might mean something else than you do.

http://www.answers.com/topic/multicultural

The definition given in your post from www.answers.com states that this is how liberals define a multicultural country. No wonder we were having such problems communicating with each other. I very seldom understand things in the same way that liberals do, and certainly not on this issue or as stated in the material from www.answers.com. I adhere to the concept of America as a "melting pot" where peoples of different ethnic backgrounds come together and blend as Americans, accepting the culture and way of life as their own.

Adam's Apple said:
The definition given in your post from www.answers.com states that this is how liberals define a multicultural country. No wonder we were having such problems communicating with each other. I very seldom understand things in the same way that liberals do, and certainly not on this issue or as stated in the material from www.answers.com. I adhere to the concept of America as a "melting pot" where peoples of different ethnic backgrounds come together and blend as Americans, accepting the culture and way of life as their own.

Well, moreover it explains how this word has been "kidnapped". So caution is in place when discussions of multiculture arises. Especially if you talk with a liberal whom certainly has another definition of the word than you.

Just a guy said:
Well, moreover it explains how this word has been "kidnapped". So caution is in place when discussions of multiculture arises. Especially if you talk with a liberal whom certainly has another definition of the word than you.

Wait, this was what you ment? Right?

Just a guy said:

As a liberal who supports "multiculturalism", do you think we should allow the "multiculture" of the mostly illegal immigrant Mexicans to develop in the Southwest to the point that they speak no English, have Spanish-speaking schools, care little about the U.S. border or U.S. laws, want to develop their own Mexican "state", etc.?

ScreamingEagle said:
As a liberal who supports "multiculturalism", do you think we should allow the "multiculture" of the mostly illegal immigrant Mexicans to develop in the Southwest to the point that they speak no English, have Spanish-speaking schools, care little about the U.S. border or U.S. laws, want to develop their own Mexican "state", etc.?

Good job---I think Just a Guy understands what "multiculturalism" means now since he can't come back and defend it.

ScreamingEagle said:

I couldn't tell. But if I try to imagine myself as a liberal, supporting multiculturalism... sure - anything goes.
You didn't check up to see what the discussion was about did you? :)

dilloduck said:
Good job---I think Just a Guy understands what "multiculturalism" means now since he can't come back and defend it.

Ehe he he hehheh ehehehe yeah tell him Beavis.

Just a guy said:
I couldn't tell. But if I try to imagine myself as a liberal, supporting multiculturalism... sure - anything goes.
You didn't check up to see what the discussion was about did you? :)

Why can't you tell? Too confused, perplexed, and bewildered with definitions? (Just like an ordinary slippery liberal)

Yes, liberals DO support multiculturalism from the basic meaning (definition #1) to the point where a portion of our country may decide to secede from the United States (definition #2). Liberals pretend not to be able to distinguish the two because they are all about balkanizing the U.S. and destroying our country as we know it. They know full well the results of "multiculturalism". (at least the intelligent ones)

ScreamingEagle said:
Why can't you tell? Too confused, perplexed, and bewildered with definitions? (Just like an ordinary slippery liberal)

And what are you? A special slippery liberal?

As soon as someone says "multicultural" my alarm goes off. It's too loosley defined.

I like multiculturalism because, among other things, multiculturalism has enhanced my takeout options. Without multiculturalism I would be confined to the Anglo-American staples of diet. The hamburger, the hotdog, the steak and potatos, coffee, all good but eventually it just gets old. Thanks to multiculturalism now I can order the shrimp ding, the steamed dumpling, the enchilada, the humus, and the curry just to name a few. All delicious items that taste great, but sadly weren't created by the traditional Anglo-American culture. If we restricted emigration or forced all newcomers to comform to our way of life then I would never have been able to experience even this small sampling of what the world has to offer.

See multiculturalism does have its benefits.

Just a guy said:
And what are you? A special slippery liberal?

As soon as someone says "multicultural" my alarm goes off. It's too loosley defined.

Your alarm's ringing?....time to wake up and smell the coffee! :coffee3: :duh3:

Mr.Conley said:
I like multiculturalism because, among other things, multiculturalism has enhanced my takeout options. Without multiculturalism I would be confined to the Anglo-American staples of diet. The hamburger, the hotdog, the steak and potatos, coffee, all good but eventually it just gets old. Thanks to multiculturalism now I can order the shrimp ding, the steamed dumpling, the enchilada, the humus, and the curry just to name a few. All delicious items that taste great, but sadly weren't created by the traditional Anglo-American culture. If we restricted emigration or forced all newcomers to comform to our way of life then I would never have been able to experience even this small sampling of what the world has to offer.

I like multiculturalism for those reasons too. (def#1). It's what makes America America. We have always been one great big melting pot of different kinds of immigrants sharing our backgrounds. However, we all have become Americans first and foremost and let our former allegiances drop.

Liberals today are pushing multiculturalism to the point where it is dangerous to America. (def#2) Instead of joining the melting pot and becoming Americans by integrating within existing American society, we find many immigrants today who are staying in their segregated groups. They make no effort to join America. In fact they snub their noses at America with one hand while with the other they rip off our country. And the la-de-dah liberals support them for being just "themselves".

Mr.Conley said:

From my viewpoint that is America and a thing that the rest of the world like and admire with America. I could easely live in US.

ScreamingEagle said:
Your alarm's ringing?....time to wake up and smell the coffee! :coffee3: :duh3:

If NASA could device somthing that had made me already drunk coffe when I woke up, I would have 30 minutes more of life every day. Thats like a whole month of work every year.

Forum List

Back