Mubarak unleashes thugs on peaceful protesters.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Well, there goes the party..

Chaos in Cairo as Mubarak backers, opponents clash
By HADEEL AL-SHALCHI and SARAH EL DEEB - Feb 2, 2011 9:09 AM ET By The Associated Press

.CAIRO (AP) — Several thousand supporters of President Hosni Mubarak, including some riding horses and camels and wielding whips, attacked anti-government protesters Wednesday as Egypt's upheaval took a dangerous new turn. In chaotic scenes, the two sides pelted each other with stones, and protesters dragged attackers off their horses.
EU urges Mubarak to respond quicky to protests - Bloomberg

Was hoping for a different outcome..but not surprised.

The other unhappy thing is that Murbarak called for these thugs, they seemed well organized and the military showed tacit approval of their efforts.

Well this is the Middle East, are you really that surprised? Mubarak isn't going to go quietly into the night regardless of what he says.

Well this is the Middle East, are you really that surprised? Mubarak isn't going to go quietly into the night regardless of what he says.

Disappointed..not surprised.

I thought we were sort of watching a redo of the "Velvet Revolution" that put Havel into power.

That would have been awesome.

I thought we were sort of watching a redo of the "Velvet Revolution" that put Havel into power.

Mubarak is not going to go quietly, like Saddam. Both those guys have the same mentality, you literally have to force them from the seat of power. Mubarak is 80, if he was ok with just leaving quietly it would have happened by now. None of these Arab leaders leave power until they are on their death bed.

Mubarak is not going to go quietly, like Saddam. Both those guys have the same mentality, you literally have to force them from the seat of power. Mubarak is 80, if he was ok with just leaving quietly it would have happened by now. None of these Arab leaders leave power until they are on their death bed.

Well..now..

No arguing with that.

They were ruthless as young men..they are/were ruthless and bitter old men.

Well..now..

No arguing with that.

They were ruthless as young men..they are/were ruthless and bitter old men.

Mugabe is the same way, these guys aren't going anywhere. They overplayed their hand, the endings for these men could have been completely different if they passed the baton before their expiration date.

"The US government has long corrupted Arab governments by paying rulers installed by the US to represent US/Israeli interests rather than the interest of Arab peoples.

"Arabs put up with American-financed oppression for many years, but now are showing signs of rebellion.

"The murderous American-installed dictator in Tunis was overthrown by people taking to the streets. Rebellion has spread to Egypt and there are also street protests against the US-supported rulers in Yemen and Jordan.

"These uprisings might succeed in ousting puppet rulers, but will the result be anything more than the exchange of a new American puppet ruler for the old?

"Mubarak might go, but whoever takes his place is likely to find himself wearing the same American harness."

The author of this article makes a pretty convincing argument it will be the demise of the US dollar that ultimately decides who goes and who stays in the Middle East.

"The US government has long corrupted Arab governments by paying rulers installed by the US to represent US/Israeli interests rather than the interest of Arab peoples.

"Arabs put up with American-financed oppression for many years, but now are showing signs of rebellion.

"The murderous American-installed dictator in Tunis was overthrown by people taking to the streets. Rebellion has spread to Egypt and there are also street protests against the US-supported rulers in Yemen and Jordan.

"These uprisings might succeed in ousting puppet rulers, but will the result be anything more than the exchange of a new American puppet ruler for the old?

"Mubarak might go, but whoever takes his place is likely to find himself wearing the same American harness."

The author of this article makes a pretty convincing argument it will be the demise of the US dollar that ultimately decides who goes and who stays in the Middle East.

So far the "pro democracy" protesters are hanging tough. They aren't fighting back, they are allowing themselves to be pelted with rocks and hit by sticks. They are even cleaning the square up.

Impressive.

yea well, a lack of knowledge of history, imagination and the dieing Siren call of that foreign bureau-less outhouse called the NY Times turns some folks logic into mush.

You think whoever takes over from Mubarak will leave that American money on the table? I highly doubt it.

No.

But I'd rather see a much more democratic Egypt.

No one should be in power for 30 years. That's nuts.

I agree with you there but thats how it is in the region, look how long the leaders of Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman etc were in power? Syrias President Bashar Assad took over in 2000 but his dad was President until he died.

yea well, a lack of knowledge of history, imagination and the dieing Siren call of that foreign bureau-less outhouse called the NY Times turns some folks logic into mush.

What?

In his speech, Mubarak called for his supporters to engage the protesters and do a counter protest.

They met up at Barricades near the military..and when they were ready..they were let into the square..in force. They came with camels and on horseback brandishing sticks. The military did nothing to stop them from attacking unarmed protesters.

Sheesh..turn on the tube. It's like watching medieval and one sided warfare. Complete with formations.

Last edited:
You think whoever takes over from Mubarak will leave that American money on the table? I highly doubt it.
If the dollar dies, there won't be any American money on Egypt's table:

"The collapse of the dollar is more likely.

"Indeed, the policy of the US government to maximize both budget and trade deficits, and the policy of the Federal Reserve to monetize the budget deficit and the fraudulent paper assets of the large banks, have the dollar heading for demise.

"As the supply of dollars grows, the value diminishes. Perhaps the time is not far off when rulers cease to sell out their peoples for American money."

American Hypocrisy..

So far the "pro democracy" protesters are hanging tough. They aren't fighting back, they are allowing themselves to be pelted with rocks and hit by sticks. They are even cleaning the square up.

Impressive.
How would the situation change if the protesters began calling for Mubarak's arrest and trial instead of abdication?

No.

I agree with you there but thats how it is in the region, look how long the leaders of Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman etc were in power? Syrias President Bashar Assad took over in 2000 but his dad was President until he died.
Is it coincidental that all the leaders you mentioned as well as the "Jewish Democracy" in Israel were all created by Western powers within the last century?

No.

Is it coincidental that all the leaders you mentioned as well as the "Jewish Democracy" in Israel were all created by Western powers within the last century?

What the hell? the whole Middle East was carved up by Western powers when coloniasm ended, what are you on about?

Forum List

Back